jtv90069...................
koleen......................
outlaw4rc................. 28
SuperSic..................
Torino.....................
VELOCI_2NR............
xStretch-...............
Fixed. :sly:

Honeslty I'm just happy there are 50 and 60 year old man on the grid. I get 50, but a guy strapped up to GT5 in his 60's (aka BoB) is freakin awesome, and hopefully my future!!. :sly:👍

Honeslty I'm just happy there are 50 and 60 year old man on the grid. I get 50, but a guy strapped up to GT5 in his 60's (aka BoB) is freakin awesome, and hopefully my future!!. :sly:👍

Titanium knees required for clubsports in the golden years. ;)

that's why I'll stick to g27 for as long as possible. Shouldn't abuse me knees if expect to keep them up to PURE's standards for times to come :)

Age is simply a number. I have always been a race fan and in a different world I would have made a living from the sport. This is the next best thing and as a bonus I don't get hurt after a crash. It is not the knees that go but the eyesight and hand eye coordination. So I use a G27 and a 43 inch plasma.

Yeah well I'm cheap. :P
Cheaper than this?

costco-upholstered-folding-chair-1110-s3-medium_new.jpg

That's what I sat on last year. Using an office chair now, which doesn't do my back any favors. :ouch:

Yeah well I'm cheap. :P

tell that to the doctor when he scopes you :P
knee pain is 99% seating position. Even with load-cell resistance when I'm properly seated I get muscle pain in my glutes and calves but no joint pain.
As someone who's had back surgery I recommend correcting problems before it resorts to the orthopedic surgeon. ;)

(btw the low, high-back, lounger I use is worth $25 so it's not like you need to buy an rSeat)

Cheaper than this?

That's what I sat on last year. Using an office chair now, which doesn't do my back any favors. :ouch:

I use one of these with a pillow behind my back to prop me up:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Microsuede-Saucer-Chair-Black/16451583

tell that to the doctor when he scopes you :P
knee pain is 99% seating position. Even with load-cell resistance when I'm properly seated I get muscle pain in my glutes and calves but no joint pain.
As someone who's had back surgery I recommend correcting problems before it resorts to the orthopedic surgeon. ;)

(btw the low, high-back, lounger I use is worth $25 so it's not like you need to buy an rSeat)

I'm already seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week at the tune of $150 a month. :indiff:

Not much I can do.

Yeah, at the time when I had back problems I thankfully had wonderful health insurance so of course I got the MRI and Discectomy... where a chiro would have been plenty happy to bleed me dry for constant "adjustments" to relive the stress of my bulging disc when the only *fix* was to drain that bad boy and shave off the bulge.

If you want to cringe check out my MRI... where you can see the disc cutting off my sciatic nerve servicing my right leg. Was easily the most intense pain of my life for the few months they were trying to figure out what was wrong. Couldn't bend over enough to tie my own shoes. :ouch:
After 6 months of recovery and a 9 month pain killer addiction (dude opiates don't mess around... the withdrawal is very 'trainspotting' ... minus the baby on the ceiling); I'm much more careful with my body.

Couldn't bend over enough to tie my own shoes. :ouch:

Ditto. I checked out the x-rays over the weekend and the only way I could think to copy them was to tape them to the sliding glass door and take photos. :lol: I'll have to post a thread for it or something. Basically what I was told is that it's roughly 6-8 years of degrading alignment and now there's several things way out of whack.

New teams, we're very happy with this line up!
8ftdFW3.png

New spec's coming later today, the '08 Subaru is getting a power and aero bump.

Last edited:
New teams, we're very happy with this line up!

New spec's coming later today, the '08 Subaru is getting a power and aero bump.

You forgot to put basse back on the lexus where he belongs. He's just going part-time, he'll be here for 2 more races.

You also forgot to keep Jash on the scooby. He's not retired yet, he will race at suzuka.

Fix+IT.jpg

Fix It!

:D 👍

Round 4| Suzuka | Specifics

6jBFD7w.png

PEwVx5A.jpg

6jBFD7w.png

Circuit_Suzuka.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Qualifying ≡

Event information - Saturday, February 23rd

Qualifying deadline: 18.00 UTC | 10.00 PST |13.00 EST

one outlap - three timed laps - one chance.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Specific ≡

Pit Entry: Only thing to keep in mind is to not enter too fast. The game will penalise you or even hold you in the pits with no release. DO NOT use any barriers or walls as guide or to gain time/speed.

Pit Exit: Make sure to respect the white pit exit lines. You can cross them, but only if you're 100% sure that the track is clear.
As always, if an incident occurs as a result from a driver crossing the line (Either the one on track, or the one exiting the pits), it is the driver that crossed the line who is at fault

≡Running Wide ≡

There's a few spots to be extra careful at.
  1. Turn 5 kink, be sure to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips.
  2. turn 7 exit and turn 8, same again, keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips, the concrete patch beyond the rumbles is out of bounds.
  3. turn 12 exit before the bridge, the white line is a road marking and not a track boundary, it is ok to cross that line.
  4. turn 15, keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips
  5. turn 16 exit, the large concrete patch is not part of the track, be sure to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips.
≡Fuel ≡

The in-game fuel calculator doesn't function correctly. You must do a test run of approx half distance and calculate your own fuel usage. If you follow the guidelines set by the game, you will run out of fuel

6jBFD7w.png

Unable to race this week
Third_Reign
DragonWhisky
basse-101
Sailworksman
BOB-0011
HugoVaz

Last edited:
Again my notice that I won't be able to participate this week. Just making sure it didn't go under in the long age lists.

Dave: Unfortunately I have a sponsorship issue (family commitments) this week so I can not race in Japan. I am shipping my car to California for the next race.

New specifications, 1.8:

aarx0CL.png

Compare to 1.6 spec's:

itkqDES.png

Changes are in bold.

New GT5 2.11 PP revision changes are applied. Some power and limiting figures have slightly changed so we can limit the aero.

The R&D team Subaru has received a 1hp bump and 5 clicks of extra front downforce which has really brought out its potential in being more competitive on an even keel with the rest of the field across all tracks.

Please note all changes and apply accordingly, you must use the new 1.8 spec's!

Last edited:
Back