PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

what is spec 1.81? Maybe something that brings the rest of the field in the competition with with arta's and celica's?

what is spec 1.81? Maybe something that brings the rest of the field in the competition with with arta's and celica's?

Just minor fine tuning to cars that aren't optimized correctly for their aero cap. Couple of cars have room to *cheat* the spec. By adding extra aero without taking off more hp than makes it worth it.

What pray tell is so special about the artas and celica? (other than tony driving the celica...) because when I battled with skeng's celica (who's actually of my skill level) in my s2000 last week they were pretty dead even.. and when I battled both artas for the entire Motegi race they were pretty dead even (if anything the arta 08 was at a dissadvantage since outlaw is supposed to be faster than me)... And even farther back when I battled the 03 Arta, Lexus IS350, and Spoon at Nurb GP/D week one they were pretty dead even.

Tony is one of the top GT5 players in the world... compare your times at your own psychological peril.

What pray tell is so special about the artas and celica?

Well.. I have only tested 4 cars. The IS350, Spoon, Arta 08', and the Celica. I am able to run low/mid 2:09's @ Suzuka with no problem in the arta and celica. The Lexus I struggle just to get low 2:10's.

Same thing at GVS. 1:56's were obtainable in the Celica and Arta. Not in the Spoon.

I am basically just staying in this to show I can race clean and somewhat keep pace, and hopefully get invited to JGTS3. Qualifying at the back of D1 and watching the the fast cars disappear is not the most appealing thing I have ever done. I'm pretty sure R1600Turbo was feeling the same way about his Subaru, that just got a performance bump.

But hey, Maybe I just suck and only a few cars suit my style/DS3 tard hands.

Last edited:
Just minor fine tuning to cars that aren't optimized correctly for their aero cap. Couple of cars have room to *cheat* the spec. By adding extra aero without taking off more hp than makes it worth it.

What pray tell is so special about the artas and celica? (other than tony driving the celica...) because when I battled with skeng's celica (who's actually of my skill level) in my s2000 last week they were pretty dead even.. and when I battled both artas for the entire Motegi race they were pretty dead even (if anything the arta 08 was at a dissadvantage since outlaw is supposed to be faster than me)... And even farther back when I battled the 03 Arta, Lexus IS350, and Spoon at Nurb GP/D week one they were pretty dead even.

Tony is one of the top GT5 players in the world... compare your times at your own psychological peril.
First off, I'll take your comment about me as a compliment. Then again, you have a knack in certain areas, which in certain races, puts you right on my bumper or even past it. :)

We each have our own strengths and weaknesses, and that can mean we'll perform better in some cars than others. For example, the Arta 08 fits me well, since it has a loose rear that I use to my advantage. The old-spec Subaru did not, as it had the rotation of a shopping cart, and wretched understeer that I could not mitigate without a crazy setup that proved unreliable to run. I could definitely be near the front with the RX7, and probably with the Cusco 03 and Lexus, although they're a bit tricky to drive. I don't have the Hondas or the Arta 03, so I can't comment on those.

Personally I think the RX7 is the overall best car.

It's ok. ;) honestly it overall ability leaves it lacking in the power department. More so lacking in torque. However over a race. It does well.

I need to qualify. Anyone on that do so

Room Open:

1472-4711-0038-4890-5175

Eddie and company,

Is it possible to add DragonWhisky to the official list to watch qualifying sessions. He and I are on in the evenings EST time and he is obviously a honest mature racer that knows exactly how PURE works.

Last edited:
Driver: OwensRacing
Steward: outlaw4rc
Lap 1 - 2:10.420
Lap 2 - 2:10.351
Lap 3 - 2:10.952

Driver: Gooners
Steward: outlaw4rc
Lap 1 - 2:09.896
Lap 2 - N/A, dirty at 130R
Lap 3 - 2:10.001
Room Open:

1472-4711-0038-4890-5175
Room closed.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dragon can definitely be put on the marshall list. Consider it done 👍 thanks for the referral.

Rotation of a shopping cart , lol , always good to start the day with a laugh .

Should be on after 3 pm gmt for quite some time .

Havent done any laps yet so today is practice and qualy day for me .

Just did a complete race run with a two-stop strategy and taking only the free 12 liters.

I ran out of gas right at the line... starting the final lap. Guess I'll have to add an extra 5 liters, and then find out I added 5 too many. :grumpy:

On the flip side, the Arta's lightning fast after the second stop. I ran 08.8, 08.9, 09.00, and a 09.5 before I noticed the gas gauge lower than I expected.

Last edited:
5 too many is better than 5 too little ;). (In most of my Enduro races I have ended with 5-15 litres which I added for safety :dopey:)

5 too many is better than 5 too little ;). (In most of my Enduro races I have ended with 5-15 litres which I added for safety :dopey:)
When you're running against fuel-sipping Johan, 1 liter more than needed is 1 too many. :lol:

One good thing about this test I did was that I ran out in exactly 26 laps. Therefore, I was able to calculate my fuel mileage:

Free run mode: 10 laps, 50 liters - 5.0 gallons per lap

Actual race conditions: 26 laps, 124 liters = 4.77 gallons per lap

Also, I decided to tape exactly where my gauge was during stop number two. That way, I can make a last-second call if I magically have the extra liters I need.

Personally I think the RX7 is the overall best car.

It's my pleasure to differ with you on this little matter - All I want to say is Celica is absolute dream car for me, in that it is FIRS EVER that I have real understanding with :)

With setup, when I ask HER something it turns out that she delivers very close to what I asked for. And if that result includes some additional effects - I find them quite accessible to read and align.

SHE LOVES ME, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH 👍

When you're running against fuel-sipping Johan, 1 liter more than needed is 1 too many. :lol:

LOL .... I do actually try to save fuel as I drive. Shortshift and sit in other cars draft. It was also funny to see the replay. On the outlap, people were running in 6th gear to save fuel.

Impressive prep btw.

It might turn into what you see in long distance running, skiing, cycling. No one wants to go upfront and pull (use more fuel).

One good thing about this test I did was that I ran out in exactly 26 laps. Therefore, I was able to calculate my fuel mileage:

Free run mode: 10 laps, 50 liters - 5.0 gallons per lap

Actual race conditions: 26 laps, 124 liters = 4.77 gallons per lap

Also, I decided to tape exactly where my gauge was during stop number two. That way, I can make a last-second call if I magically have the extra liters I need.

It's my pleasure to differ with you on this little matter - All I want to say is Celica is absolute dream car for me, in that it is FIRS EVER that I have real understanding with :)

With setup, when I ask HER something it turns out that she delivers very close to what I asked for. And if that result includes some additional effects - I find them quite accessible to read and align.

SHE LOVES ME, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH 👍

LOL .... I do actually try to save fuel as I drive. Shortshift and sit in other cars draft. It was also funny to see the replay. On the outlap, people were running in 6th gear to save fuel.

Impressive prep btw.

It might turn into what you see in long distance running, skiing, cycling. No one wants to go upfront and pull (use more fuel).

You guys have all got me very excited about Saturdays race!!! Hopefully that 10.3 will hold a place in D1. :-/ had a dang 9.xxx going when a friend signed in and out. In and out. In and out. ........ Like six times directly at Derringer* (double right before going under tunnel) totally threw me off into Spoon. Then knowing I had butched it here. I didn't hit 130r the best. I was up .3 on my PB time on Sector 1. Which if all went right. A 9.6 was there. Oh we'll goal was to q under 10.5 but hoped for a 9.999

Tonight will be interesting. I'm going swimming with the GF and our kids. So wont be around to watch it all unfold. Well not till late. 11:00pm est.

Next week will be interesting too. I'm making some changes on my tactile set up. Hopefully these will give me some advantage. Even if just mentally aka placebo.

Guys, I don't have SUBARU CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '03!!!
CSL Kindly said he could share it with me, but until now I don't have it, and I need to practice...!

New specifications, 1.8:

aarx0CL.png

Sorry for being so late. Lots of craziness was injected with this 2.11 PP system alteration.

Wardez will be updating formally but as we're running short on time for qualifying here are the definite updates.

S2000 LM 326hp/507pp/92.3% PL
Spoon S2000 326hp/506pp/87.5% PL
Subaru 03 324hp/520pp/99.5% PL
Lexus IS350 346hp/521pp/97.6% PL

Everything else is as listed in the graphic above.

However the Lexus IS350 is the only car we're still talking about.

edit: specs are done...

-----------------

In light of the patch situation pushing us to re-align the specs combined with some team juggling; I would suggest we waive the late-penalty this week and let qualifying happen up to 3 hours before the green flag.

Last edited:
Guys, I don't have SUBARU CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '03!!!
CSL Kindly said he could share it with me, but until now I don't have it, and I need to practice...!
My save was used up yesterday about an hour before you asked, had to wait another day, sorry.

In light of the patch situation pushing us to re-align the specs combined with some team juggling; I would suggest we waive the late-penalty this week and let qualifying happen up to 3 hours before the green flag.

I will change it on the race specific post 👍

Back