PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

We have made changes to the teams and more importantly, the car specs. With the latest patch to fix the pp issues, we didn't publish the final specs until yesterday afternoon (UTC).
We decided to allow an extension meaning that people had 23 hours to qualify from publishing the final specs.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the game server? Im getting the error -

'A connection to the game server could not be established.(ID=2:6399)'

Edit - I done a quick search and it could be a PSN maintenance issue but still not convinced as i can sign in and out of psn at will! Can anyone confirm either way if your playing GT5 online?

My room's been up in the background for a good few hours. Just checked it again and it's still up.

Well i doubt i'll be racing if this carries on, I log onto PSN no problem but as soon as i start the game and it loads up it boots me out of PSN.

Edit - Hopefully I've sorted it out, I'm at my misses and opened some ports and rebooted and it seems fine now. Just the hour or so it took means i can't practice now, typical.

Last edited:
New room, everybody in, the ceremony is about to begin
(for late q. sinners :D )

1472 - 6399 - 8365 - 2935 - 5717

I need to qualy please :)

The notes under the car specs say I don't have to break in the engine. How do you police such things? I can enter a fresh car tack on 2 extra clicks of downforce and gain horsepower throughout the race and still get by reg checks.... ?

Good faith?

R1600Turbo
We'll see. I've always been good a Suzuka, so if it stays this way for a couple races then I might say yes. :lol:
As long as you're mixing your driving with others driving to check cars, you'll never really be sure. Just cant remove driver variance that way.
Too many cases of "this car sucks" that are proven wrong instantly really.
Like my dog of a Spoon. ;)

The notes under the car specs say I don't have to break in the engine. How do you police such things? I can enter a fresh car tack on 2 extra clicks of downforce and gain horsepower throughout the race and still get by reg checks.... ?

Good faith?

Once I get online, I will have a look.

Phaedrus
2:09.788 👍
2:09.869
off

Flanked
off
off
2:14.950

josh 1994
2:11.281 👍
off
off

Dr.VTEC yo
2:09.743 👍
2:09.892
off

Last edited:
Actual nightmare. Got back later than expected and only managed to run 2 laps in, had 2 full offs, and the first probably being dirty at the chicane. D2 crew tonight woo

rosckolove

Good faith?
Pretty much yeah.
Acceleration will suffer from less torque however too, which keeps gains minimal.

lol... 10 drivers between 9.5xx and 9.8xx

----

Pretty much yeah.
Acceleration will suffer from less torque however too, which keeps gains minimal.

have we put it to rest that cars do or don't change power during online races?

looks like we're splitting at 14.

If you're not on the sheet and would like to race in D2 from the back, make it known in the next 30 minutes. After that the grids will be locked in.
(there's 2 spots available)

Can we decide which starting line will be used and which side the pole sitter will start on now instead of on the pace lap?

Can we decide which starting line will be used and which side the pole sitter will start on now instead of on the pace lap?

The normal start line like always.

Bear in mind though that the "Start" line is not the "Finish" line at Suzuka.
The finish is at the beginning of the grid boxes and the start is at the end of them.

Side of the road is pole's choice... I expect everyone wants the inside for turn1 though.

have we put it to rest that cars do or don't change power during online races?

I can confirm that they do lose power during the race, if the race is very long of course. In the WRS enduro races the LMP's lose straight line speed. Ironically, lap times don't suffer because the car becomes easier to drive :lol:.

Gaining power, no clue.

Actually I'm pretty sure we determined that there's no power loss or increase during the race. GT5 only applies the distance done to the car after you finish a race. If you leave the race before it's done, you won't have any distance applied.

Not sure yet but if I can get home and online by tech inspection I would like to race but if the grid is full I'll stand down

3oVGGsw.png

Just to clarify. We start when tony hits the line, or when we hit the line?

I assume its when tony hits the line.

Well i had a nightmare in Quali, 2 offs and a 14.950 :grumpy:! PB was a 12.5 but for some reason i lose on average, 2 seconds in sector 1. Really can't figure it out.

Back