PURE | JGTS 3 - Series complete! Congrat's to Driver champion MSP_JTown and Team champions Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,078 comments
I'm glad to announce that we will have 11 drivers joining this championship from another racing league MSP, stands for Motor-Sport-Portal.

With PURE being in a "wait for GT6 mode" for the last six months I been racing with MSP and they do their racing in a very similar fasion to PURE. Race with damage set to heavy, most championships with rolling start, clean drivers with a mature approach to their GT5 racing just as the PURE people I've been racing with.

They come from the German speaking part of central Europe and have their own web page. With benefit of being close together they also meet in person going to real racing events like 24 hour at nurnburgering. Being interested in real racing they also run their championhips with fictive race reports, drivers interviews, lots of photos. Very cool.

We (MSP) didn't race in the pre-race yesterday as we had the season finally in the last SuperGT championship.

Please give them a warm welcome to PURE. You recognize them by having MSP in their PSN (cue77 and kronbacher being an exception). I do think PURE and MSP is a perfect match to meet, and you can race with them with the same confidence as you race with the PURE people you already know.

Are you using Fanatec's pedals?

Also we just ran Trail Mount this weekend but in reverse and it allowed more real estate for clean passing not to mention it was just pure fun with great flow in reverse!

g27 pedals ... and i prefer TM in reverse as well 👍

Johan bringing 11 aliens plus himself , wow , podiums once again will feel like wins .

That is good news Johan! Looks like the competition will be on the highest level ever with all forums involved.

Qualifying will be very demanding, one small mistake and you're back in D2 with all fast drivers this season.

Are we still having forum teams with so many MSP drivers now?

I'm interested in running but I'm not sure if I can fully commit yet. Is there an entry list with available cars yet?

Johan bringing 11 aliens plus himself , wow , podiums once again will feel like wins .

You flatterer. Neither I or any of the MSP folks are aliens. That belongs to the Tony's and Adam's of the world. MSP's speed distribution is very similar to PURE and GTForum. The fastest are about on the same level and then there are some a bit slower.

If I would pick a "Best of the rest" from each league after the true aliens, my vote will go to Outlaw4rc, Nissman, and MSP_JTown. But there are a slew of drivers from all leagues that will give them a run for their money and might also finish ahead in the end.

Niss,
I'm not sure there will be a real team competition between the different leagues. I thought it was an exciting idea, but I haven't got a good response from all. The MSP people will race in three teams. There isn't a top-MPS team, but their fastest drivers are spread across all three.

What's the track for this weeks get down? Tonight is FP1! And I'm glad I'm factory driver for Nissan because I already have the setups ready I just have to drive around, around, and around again to the lap times fall. Easy baby, easy! Plus not hosting is going to be a great blast too! I'm so happy can you tell?!

When do we find out which cars we are driving for the season?

Was hoping to get some testing in tonight.

I'm glad to announce that we will have 11 drivers joining this championship from another racing league MSP, stands for Motor-Sport-Portal.

With PURE being in a "wait for GT6 mode" for the last six months I been racing with MSP and they do their racing in a very similar fasion to PURE. Race with damage set to heavy, most championships with rolling start, clean drivers with a mature approach to their GT5 racing just as the PURE people I've been racing with.

They come from the German speaking part of central Europe and have their own web page. With benefit of being close together they also meet in person going to real racing events like 24 hour at nurnburgering. Being interested in real racing they also run their championhips with fictive race reports, drivers interviews, lots of photos. Very cool.

We (MSP) didn't race in the pre-race yesterday as we had the season finally in the last SuperGT championship.

Please give them a warm welcome to PURE. You recognize them by having MSP in their PSN (cue77 and kronbacher being an exception). I do think PURE and MSP is a perfect match to meet, and you can race with them with the same confidence as you race with the PURE people you already know.

Big welcome to MSP, thanks so much for being the bridge between us Johan, I'm confident we'll have an extra layer of awesomeness due to them coming over alone. I've been talking to the members and getting them accustomed through PM's and they're just great and the definition of having a pro attitude.
Cheers!

That is good news Johan! Looks like the competition will be on the highest level ever with all forums involved.

Qualifying will be very demanding, one small mistake and you're back in D2 with all fast drivers this season.

Are we still having forum teams with so many MSP drivers now?

There will be forum teams still, yeah. But it's not a straight up "this forum vs that one" type of thing, just an extra friendly layer of competition.

What's the track for this weeks get down? Tonight is FP1! And I'm glad I'm factory driver for Nissan because I already have the setups ready I just have to drive around, around, and around again to the lap times fall. Easy baby, easy! Plus not hosting is going to be a great blast too! I'm so happy can you tell?!

Glad you're psyched Joe 👍

When do we find out which cars we are driving for the season?

Was hoping to get some testing in tonight.

Trying to get that nailed down today, but it could take until tomorrow.

Special note
We're currently looking for PAL players (Europe) that saved copies of the pre-season race replays. We need it for a highlight video we're putting together. If you have them, please get in touch with me so I can get them transferred to Tidgney. Thanks!

Did some runs at monza. Got a 1:45.0. But its not looking good for me, my internet didnt even manage to keep my own server running.

Last edited:
Just a quick announcement and remind, since we have quite a few new drivers to GTP. The rules we go by for racecraft are GT Planet's Online Racing Rules and Guidelines. Please read these over as it will be what's expected of you in racing clean on track:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

We value clean racing over anything else, not speed, not points, not bragging.

Part of being clean is also admitting when you have a connection or network problem. If you come into a room and can't see certain people because of ghost loading, there's not much we can do. If backing out of the room and coming back in doesn't fix it, we will only try to switch rooms to fix the problem once, otherwise you won't be able to race.

If you feel you're lagging, report it! Don't just go on and hope for the best because it will always turn into a nightmare, and if not for you, the other drivers affected for sure.

Here's how the teams are shaping up. This is the first draft, let me know if anything's off and feel free to dispute placement, 'cause we need a final one by tomorrow at the latest, you'll also notice I'm not on the list yet, I still haven't decided. I want to fill in somewhere useful so I'll probably place myself last

btw, if anyone wants to switch over to join team Z, Supra, or Tom's SC430, they could use more drivers, they're very good teams!:

8AMVZEp.png

38 drivers listed here.

Discussing that on the Pure forums right now, check it out. It may end up staying the same, possibly reducing PP by a point though.

I'll drive the Z if it's kl, it can't be that bad can it? :), going break it in just now for a laugh :P.

Edit: Z feels pretty good to drive :), didn't take long to break in either only 1 horse short after 100 mile :dopey:. What's a good lap for Tokyo then? 36.9 is my PB mainly 37's but

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite, I had forgotten all about it for a while :dunce:

I am interested in joining for the series though I'll be unable to make the first race. Please feel free to place me in a car/team as you see fit, I have no preference.

Teams look good. Hard to say who is the favourite as I don't know the MSP drivers that well but I'm sure it will be very interesting through out the season.

Had my first test today at Tokyo after a long GT break and I must say I'm pleased with the lap times I got. Similar to my best times I had in our GTF series last time here at Tokyo. So the dust on the wheel will not be such an issue as I thought.

Nice to be back in the Calsonic, didn't drive it for several seasons and for the moment the car feels great around this street circuit.

I'll be testing later tonight. If someone will have a room up I'll join, if not I'll post the number here.

Last edited:
Did some runs with tony, did not get disconnected today :) time wise if i remember correct he did a 1:36.0 for now, so now you guys know what to chase :)

Alright, draft 2 of the teams, made some tweaks, also put myself on the Tom's SC430 team for now:
0cez4lg.png

42 drivers listed with a few more incoming, yet to be confirmed.

We're looking at having around 45 peak registered, around 35 peak participation. Good chance we will split into three divisions for some races.

My fanatec pedals glitches out on me last night so they had a 24hr rest so hopefully I can get some track time to it and post up some good mid packers lap times. Stupid pedals that's the 2nd Monday in a row now! 👎

Teams are 99% locked, changes can be made before the first race so be sure to let me know of any concerns asap:

p6jqQok.png

Yes, there are errors in the chart, will fix tomorrow.

HSV spec has changed to 596pp

Last edited:
Back