PURE | JGTS2-Congratulations to champions tony1311 and team Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 4,065 comments
Tree'd terribly. :lol:

Edit:
We all could've learned it a long time ago here:
http://www.mygranturismo.net/article.php?id=15

But definitely the first person to really let me know about it in a practical way was Dom 👍
I never tested it down to a science in GT3 or 4, but I believe this system has pretty much been in place since GT3. :)
GT3 is certainly where the oil change/power started, but it's gained detail. But iirc, GT4 had power degradation, and chassis, and it was a pretty similar system.

Track selection poll.

Not in the slightest.
He actually goes so far as to say the opposite:

To me it looked like putting words in someone's mouth. I never said racing hard tires are bad, and there's no reason to say they're 'too hard' for me to drive or whatever. I run in series with racing hard tires. It's not a big deal. I made it a point to say I don't care if you guys run them. I wasn't trying to persuade anyone to run anything different. Was just giving my take on the lap times and how they compare. IMO it's different takes on something we all like. Another thing that I noticed is the likeness the specs makes the cars. I don't have anything to say on that, but they're close together in that aspect.

freshseth83: No problem. Just leave it. 👍

On the cars, would you like to evaluate on how you think they drive and compare against eachother? Would be interesting. 👍

Yeah, it's been a while since I drove these cars. I always found the NSX's and GTR's to be the one's that oversteer out of turns more often, but they're rewarding and I think faster than the SC430. The NSX's were twitchy, but I think they had the best cornering speeds. They're 'oversteer turn in' was really great though with the MR layout. Now they're gone and the HSV is here. I like how that drives. With the torque output very low (F-Nippon engine base) it's a lot easier to get out of slower turns. Playing with the LSD only a little bit just about eliminated wheelspin. I think that car will potentially be the most consistent. But I think just like IRL it'll struggle with success ballast.

Not doing success ballast here. It works in real life to a degree but is just a fail concept in GT5.

how is car selection going to work

Two stages:

a) First we'll do a lottery to find out who is going to drive the 6 available HSVs.

b) With the HSVs gone, the rest of us will pick our first 3 choices, ex.:

1)Petronas SC430
2)Denso SC430
3)Castrol Supra

Then Dr Watson's algorithm will do its magic and everyone will be assigned to their 1st or 2nd choice car. Its unlikely to be assigned to your 3rd pick.

Two stages:

a) First we'll do a lottery to find out who is going to drive the 6 available HSVs.

b) With the HSVs gone, the rest of us will pick our first 3 choices, ex.:

1)Petronas SC430
2)Denso SC430
3)Castrol Supra

Then Dr Watson's algorithm will do its magic and everyone will be assigned to their 1st or 2nd choice car. Its unlikely to be assigned to your 3rd pick.

Spot... on.

I don't get how that doesn't work for GT5, but whatever you say. 👍

It makes the cars too lame to drive. We'd much rather opt for a PP point reduction winner's performance penalty than tacking on weight, as it wouldn't feel as gimped, but that's for a different series.

And I say this from experience. We were the first to utilize a winner's weight system when ballast was first introduced in a patch for the World Super GT Championship. Then we used it in the first season of JGTS. We'd much rather just get on with the racing. We use the name "Pure" for a reason.

Last edited:
I would like to join you guys also but my PS3 died on me last week. Series looks great, hope I can join in the next seasons. Need to buy a new PS first tho..

You're more than welcome to join Nissman 👍

I know you have an pure.gate19 account, so just log in and take part of what we're discussing. 👍

Yeah, I saw that..
We're looking at a mid-late (21st or 28th) October start, and with 2 allowed (I think we'll run 8 rounds with 2 dropped rounds) dropped rounds, you have more than a month to get hold of that PS3 and still be in the competition. 👍

You mentioned something about a lottery before, so I thought, what is the best way to do that? I came up with this solution, www.random.org, a random number generator, that can do the job for you.

You just enter the minimum and maximum number, press Generate and it will give you a truly random number.

So if you can give me the list of drivers, I can choose the 6 drivers (I would personally choose 4) that get the Weider HSV this season. Always looking to help the leagues/race series I am in :D

P.S. I just read this and this sounds really like an advertisement, I hope it's allowed here.

Also, why do the PPs on the cars range from 603-615?

Last edited:
freshseth83
You have a tendency to do this with my posts. Let the past go and we can have a good discussion without jumping down someone's throat for a suggestion. It'd be great for you not to put words in someone's mouth also. I have no trouble running racing hard tires. I just feel racing softs or mediums are closer to real life SGT cars actual grip levels. I didn't say this series was trying to get real life times either. I said that's what I look for in a series. So give a lil respect to me as well. If you like running around on hard tires that's fine. I wasn't saying anything to you about your preferences. So take it down a notch, yeah?

That said I found that the HSV is easier to control out of turns than the GTR's. It equals out because it seems like the GTR's have a bit better acceleration and slightly better top speed. I haven't tested the SC430's yet.

I'm sorry you take my post as demeaning. I understand what you like and was trying to save you and ourselves time and effort. As well keep focus so we can stay on schedule.

Really excited about the season and sooner we get going. The better. ;)

Seth got an idea. Have you considered a built Super GT series in racing softs? Maybe something where the cars are pretty wicked fast yet have the great grip from softs. I'd honestly be interested in something like that too. This idea maybe already done or in use. I don't know. Just sounded like fun and fits what you enjoy.

You mentioned something about a lottery before, so I thought, what is the best way to do that? I came up with this solution, www.random.org, a random number generator, that can do the job for you.

You just enter the minimum and maximum number, press Generate and it will give you a truly random number.

So if you can give me the list of drivers, I can choose the 6 drivers (I would personally choose 4) that get the Weider HSV this season. Always looking to help the leagues/race series I am in :D

P.S. I just read this and this sounds really like an advertisement, I hope it's allowed here.

Also, why do the PPs on the cars range from 603-615?

Yes, we were going to do something very similar. Only, I was going to stream it live when I did it. Probably this weekend.

And the PPs on the cars are different because we balance them to perform equally.

Can I race In this series guys ;)?

PSHT! Of course you can man, hopefully your dad can too if the time isn't too early or late?

Yeah, I saw that..
We're looking at a mid-late (21st or 28th) October start, and with 2 allowed (I think we'll run 8 rounds with 2 dropped rounds) dropped rounds, you have more than a month to get hold of that PS3 and still be in the competition. 👍

Ok, I should be able to join by then. 👍

There's much better things to look forward to, like the racing :D

No worries!

I was kind of looking forward to that...
Yeah, me too.. I was the one who suggested it in the first place.
But after discussions back at pure.gate19, the majority decided to stick to 1 compound, and I must admit that they're right with the arguments against it. It's not that people don't like the idea. But to ensure the overall quality, and the fact that the admins want to race themselves rather than spectating replays (Not that it's a problem to do a quick check in the start of each replay, but the fact that less rules, means more fun for the admins in general).

In for this, just save me a spot!
There's 2 ways to race in this seires.

1. You get an invitation.

2. You state your interest in this thread, and you'll have to do an "audition" with one of the PURE-stewards to ensure that you're able to race clean and respectful (Not saying you're not).
Outright pace is'nt the key factor.
The key factor is your commitment and race craft. 👍

The audition is a 175km race (44 laps around Suzuka) in a 1vs1 race.

Last edited:
Back