PURE | JGTS2-Congratulations to champions tony1311 and team Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 4,065 comments
A replacement series for WSGTC is coming in January Stretch.

Yeah, check the results link in the OP here. JGTS was Pure's first ever series. And, like GT Academy I guess, it was meant to be a one off but proved so successful we decided to keep making series. The other thing that launched with it is the excellent stat. and results tracking system Tim (Dr_Watson) made. So yes, lots of points!

Alright, I don't check here a lot but a few of the guys I know might be racing here so I will get them to tell me when you start the sign up thread.

Dennis: I play hockey every sunday 7-9 so I miss all the good races (like the last WRS enduro). Still fun to read about it and test the cars. :)

Dennis: I play hockey every sunday 7-9 so I miss all the good races (like the last WRS enduro). Still fun to read about it and test the cars. :)

I guess you're playing for Roma then?

I know you're fast, so if you actually do try the cars (once the specs are final), feel free to post the times in here. Would be really interesting.

OT: Btw: Any news on when Gotland Ring will be completed? Or at least when the South Loop will open?
I've been there several times, but won't go again until I can try the full North and South loops together.
Will defenetly be one mean race track! 👍

OT: Btw: Any news on when Gotland Ring will be completed? Or at least when the South Loop will open?
I've been there several times, but won't go again until I can try the full North and South loops together.
Will defenetly be one mean race track! 👍
Sorry, but if you've been there several times you probably know more than me. :) I've only been once and watched when some kind of supercar club was showing their cars and doing laps.

Edit: I tested the HSV on Nurb GP/F to see how long tires would last. Driving conservatively with the car completely stock I got 37 laps before running out of fuel (about 1h15min). Best lap was on lap 8 (1'59.5), at 20 laps I was +1.2s, +3.2s at 30 and the final lap was +4.5s. Tires were evenly worn with about 10% health left. I've never tested a car that was this easy to drive without changing a thing.

When I was done I did a "qualy lap", pushing a little harder and and did 58.3. For comparison I tried the Yellowhat GT-R set to your specs last season and did 57.1. Finally I installed chassis reinforcement and did a basic tune (transmission, LSD and camber) and did 56.2. I haven't driven the GT-R much so it's possible I didn't exactly get everything out of it, but to me the HSV seems both faster and easier to drive at stock specs (517/1100/604).

Last edited:
Cool. Thank you for the feedback on the cars. Much appritiated. 👍

56.1's are good with the GT-R.. I believe 1:55's are as good as it gets..

The HSV is indeed very easy to drive "out of the box". But perhaps I read your post wrong, but you're saying that you're faster in the GT-R (1:56,2) compared to the HSV (1:57,1), or did you mean the opposite?
I suppose the latter.
But you should reach in to the 55's with both cars if you give them some time I guess.

Thank you again for the feedback. 👍

Havent driven the HSV yet , will try to give it a spin this weekend and let you guys know .

But perhaps I read your post wrong, but you're saying that you're faster in the GT-R (1:56,2) compared to the HSV (1:57,1), or did you mean the opposite?
I suppose the latter.
Sorry that I was unclear, I meant to say I did 57.1 in the GT-R that I already had tuned to your previous specs and recommended tune. I did 56.2 in the HSV with a basic tranny/LSD/camber tune. But I only did 3 laps each after my first marathon run at stock settings.

Denilson
Johan, you're right. The RH tires last a long time.
But it's actually cool, cause fuel strategy come in to play.

Has the rate of fuel consumption increased? I don't remember how fast gt500 cars go through the petrol though. I think the fuel consumption rate should either be upped or the tank capacity reduced...or made to each cars specific carry load. I'd love to be able to choose how much petrol to start races with. THEN there'd be some strategy to it.

Also has PURE used anything other than hards? If hards are lasting insanely long, could we opt for a different compound (mediums) so there's still a pit strategy for tires as well? Just my 2¢

RayRoocroft
Sounds reasonable, and if anyone is around this weekend I would like to test/compare for sure :)

Send me a friend request on psn. DA6righthand. I'll drive around a bit with ya...I need to knock the rust off. I'm average. Nothing spectacular by far haha.

DA6: At the moment, racing hards are perfect. Cause you can chose to use fuel or tires as the "base" in your strategy.
Going to mediums put us in the same position as pre-2,08.. But with less (imo) enjoyable/realistic grip levels.

I did however throw out the question at gate19.forum in our series planning section where I asked for opinions on a 2 compound rule.. But no feedback yet.. :lol:

Denilson
DA6: At the moment, racing hards are perfect. Cause you can chose to use fuel or tires as the "base" in your strategy.
Going to mediums put us in the same position as pre-2,08.. But with less (imo) enjoyable/realistic grip levels.

I did however throw out the question at gate19.forum in our series planning section where I asked for opinions on a 2 compound rule.. But no feedback yet.. :lol:

I'll have to find my way over there because irl, lots of racing uses a 2 compound rule. Virtual racing, though, I believe it'd be a bit different if y'all used a 2 compound rule. Run hards as long as u have to, and get to mediums asap would be the likely strategy. Then the issue is what tires everyone starts on. People running different compounds in close proximity could cause accidents. Braking points will differ...corner speeds...etc.

I'm not against a 2 compound rule but just thought I'd throw out what I think could happen on the con side...

You're right.. To use a 2 compound rule, we need skilled and experianced drivers. And that's exactly what we've got. 👍

I like to try racing this PURE series since the championship I'm in is finishing its season next weekend. I have a few friends that have raced in PURE leagues before, so hope I have a great time running here.

Do you guys run 1:35's at Fuji on HARDS? Or 1:54's at Suzuka? That's about the times they're getting this year in race pace. Qualifying is 3 seconds faster at each of those tracks.

With the new aero it may be slightly different at Suzuka but we were hitting 56/57/58s on Hards.

We didn't run Fuji last season, but we did run it at similar spec's in WSGTC. I can pull up those times later.

But real world times don't factor into our testing at all. Everything's simply too different. And these cars are from different years as well. Not to mention we run the tracks a lot more aggresively than they do/can.

Last edited:
I am interested in JGTS 2 Wardez you can tell me when registration will open? (By MP)?

A private registration link for all invited drivers will be going out via GTPlanet forum PM this first week of October. Then soon after, in this same week, an open registration link will be posted in this thread's first post (OP) for people to submit their interest in being auditioned for the series.

You're getting an invite Mich, no worries.

In the oddball chance someone comes round, I'm in a lobby: 1472 6399 8408 2428 3333

Multiple compounds/no multiple compounds, 50/50 for me. I'd probably rather just run hards, but idk.

With the new aero it may be slightly different at Suzuka but we were hitting 56/57/58s on Hards.

We didn't run Fuji last season, but we did run it at similar spec's in WSGTC. I can pull up those times later.

But real world times don't factor into our testing at all. Everything's simply too different. And these cars are from different years as well. Not to mention we run the tracks a lot more aggresively than they do/can.

You're right about being different years. Funny thing is, in 2008 (which most the premium SGT's are from) the cars were even faster than they are now. Around 2007 and 2008 the cars were faster than they are today. In fact, the lap record for Suzuka is from 2007 with the Arta NSX, a 1:49.842! They were a little slower in 2008, but they still ran 1:51's in qulaifying. Fastest cars at Suzuka were the motul and nismo GTR's ;) The same cars that're usually fastest in game. 👍

You're right about being different years. Funny thing is, in 2008 (which most the premium SGT's are from) the cars were even faster than they are now. Around 2007 and 2008 the cars were faster than they are today. In fact, the lap record for Suzuka is from 2007 with the Arta NSX, a 1:49.842! They were a little slower in 2008, but they still ran 1:51's in qulaifying. Fastest cars at Suzuka were the motul and nismo GTR's ;) The same cars that're usually fastest in game. 👍

Yep, that's true..
Thing is that comparing lap times only is not "proof" that the grip provided by the tires are the only thing that can explain the slower in-game lap times compared to irl.

The in-geame physics are far from the real life ones. Sure, I think PD does a great job, but not that great that we can just change the tires until we match the real life times and call it a day.

Denilson
Yep, that's true..
Thing is that comparing lap times only is not "proof" that the grip provided by the tires are the only thing that can explain the slower in-game lap times compared to irl.

The in-geame physics are far from the real life ones. Sure, I think PD does a great job, but not that great that we can just change the tires until we match the real life times and call it a day.

I agree with this post so much that I just had to sign with the app just to say great post Dennis. 👍

Well obviously we have much less grip in GT5, as we can't run close to 49's even on RS tires. :eek:

These are the first set proposed specs for JGTS 2.
Feel free to try the cars out and post feedback in here for the Admins to see and concider. 👍

Updated specs:

Honda WEIDER HSV-010:
Engine Break-in: Fully run in (>200 miles), + oil change
Power (Bhp): 513
Weight (kg): 1100
Ballast (kg): -
PP: 603
PL (%): 99,2
Allowed DF: 40/65 (maximum)
Mandatory Mods: -
Allowed Mods: Ridgity Impovement

Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z:
Engine Break-in: Fully run in (>200 miles), NO oil change
Power (Bhp): 503
PP: 615
PL (%): 98,9

Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL/XANAVI NISMO/YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R:
Power (Bhp): 513
PP: 608
PL (%): 99,0
Allowed Mods: Ridgity Improvement

Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R:
Power (Bhp): 518
Weight (kg): 1130
PP: 607
PL (%): 100
Allowed Mods: Ridgity Improvement

Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA:
Power (Bhp): 512
Weight (kg): 1150
PP: 614
PL (%): 99,2
Allowed DF: 50/70 (maximum)

Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430:
Power (Bhp): 523
PP: 610
PL (%): 98,2
Allowed DF: 35/60 (maximum)
Mandatory Mods: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S/DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430:
Engine Break-in: Fully run in (>200 miles), NO oil change
Power (Bhp): 512
PP: 609
PL (%): 99,9
Mandatory Mods: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Last edited:
I would be interested, though I have to warn you I am not that experienced in circuit racing. I have done five seasons in the Legend of the Streets Touge league (S6 winner and S7 finalist, undecided as of now) and I am currently in my first season of CORE GT.

I am not the fastest driver, but I am a consistent one. I also have a quite lousy internet connection (without hope of improvement), though it can be race-worthy when no-one is on YouTube or downloading something.

I could be a reserve driver though for the first season, or a test driver :D Or you can recommend me lower tier race series where I can improve my skills.

Hey Henry. I was a part of Legend of the Street's first season and you being an overall winner of it is a great achievement that necessitates extremely good racecraft and a knack for extremely close quarters racing under pressure. Have you raced touge against Monstar before? We have a semi-famous video of us fighting it out in season 1 xD. I'm sending you a PM.

Back