PURE | Spec Silvia Series | Series Champion: Wardez

• Thread starter Müle
  • 1,066 comments
This is gonna be short lived i think ;) fight for 2nd now.

Sad, but true :lol: I'm normally not fast with pace, I just try my best to keep in the draft of the leaders.

Another side note, my first PURE fastest lap, 2:04.008 (without draft, on lap 13) :)

Great job! At this rate, all I have left to fend you off is my consistency. :)

yeah, he was pretty quick today.
He got a bugzilla pit stop so I closed down the ~4s gap the top 3 pulled in the first half... then I was able to hold on and do a 2:04.0xx on his coat tails but made a small bobble in the fast S of s3 and *poof* gone. When I was holding on it was so hard to say on it that I wasn't even able to provide a bump draft. :lol:

Quali 5th, finish 4th... that's pretty normal for me. ;)

Sorry I didn't make it, really bummed out when I woke up from my nap at 2:30.

Had to take off to do a bunch of things today, glad this was a pre-season.

Me too :) Can't make the race on the 20th since it's opening weekend of the LeMons season, but I'm in full time otherwise.

I need to qualify for Seca tomorrow since I don't really play GT5 during the week. Anyone around tomorrow afternoon for practice & q?

Me too :) Can't make the race on the 20th since it's opening weekend of the LeMons season, but I'm in full time otherwise.

I need to qualify for Seca tomorrow since I don't really play GT5 during the week. Anyone around tomorrow afternoon for practice & q?

I'll try to be. I'm sure someone will, though.

Signed up, I'll be able to make all races except Tokyo.

Edit:The OP still has multiple references to GATE2, might be a good idea to change them

Last edited:
By the way, since we now changed our clocks, the races should start at 20.00 UTC (if you still want to start at the same hour as GATE)

That was a fun race on Saturday. My expectations and goals are somewhat different than our resident speed demons. I didn't wreck my car or spoil anyone's race with a mistake, I qualified with a personal best with limited experience on this track and I ran a couple of laps below my qualifying time. I started 9th and was last by about the 4th corner and crawled back to finish 9th. All in all a good race.

I will be on a well needed vacation for the next two races but will be around for the last 4.

no worries, I don't have much time on weekdays and with no tuning to fart around with I'll most likely Q on Sundays.

1472-6118-3701-4254-4310 ... done

----------------------------------------------------------------
btw, OT but... you want a lemons car?
I have a 2000 focus zx3 that got me through college (96,000 miles of I-90 commute) which I wanted to "ranchero" and destroy at lemons last year but couldn't find a team or funds. Not worth repairing it (brakes are gone all around) to put up with the hassle of selling it so I'll probably be sending it to the crusher soon just to get it off my insurance.
If it's going to lemons though I will let it go for the required $500 including both sets of wheels. (was thinking about posting this same option in oppo at jalopnik before I crush the old girl).

Last edited:
I can if no one else is available.

1:34.4 pb... probably capable of 1:34.2
was hitting 1:34.6 in mock runs before basse came in... hit .7 in the real one... I'll take that.

GL everyone.

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------------------
btw, OT but... you want a lemons car?
I have a 2000 focus zx3 that got me through college (96,000 miles of I-90 commute) which I wanted to "ranchero" and destroy at lemons last year but couldn't find a team or funds. Not worth repairing it (brakes are gone all around) to put up with the hassle of selling it so I'll probably be sending it to the crusher soon just to get it off my insurance.
If it's going to lemons though I will let it go for the required $500 including both sets of wheels. (was thinking about posting this same option in oppo at jalopnik before I crush the old girl).

Sounds like a sweet LeMons prospect! Sadly my Girlfriend (and teammates) would probably kill me if I showed up with another POS racecar lol. Thanks for the offer though!

You could try posting it on the LeMons for sale forum?
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewforum.php?id=12

---

EDIT: POST # 1000!

Opened a room. I'll be practicing for an hour or so. If anyone wants to practice for a bit abd qualify me at the end, that would be swell!

1472-6681-3716-3554-8386 CLOSED

Last edited:
Opened a room. I'll be practicing for an hour or so. If anyone wants to practice for a bit abd qualify me at the end, that would be swell!

1472-6681-3716-3554-8386
Gonna need someone else to watch him. I think we're not compatible :ouch:

I did run some laps and ran a sloppy 1:34.273 with a different brake package. I'm actually not liking this track/car combo, tbh. I do like Laguna, but only if I can dial out the understeer.

Room closed. I can Q later no biggie. I can run a theoretical 34.8, but my PB was a 35.2.

Looks like I'll be fighting for top 10 again lol.

Gonna need someone else to watch him. I think we're not compatible :ouch:

I did run some laps and ran a sloppy 1:34.273 with a different brake package. I'm actually not liking this track/car combo, tbh. I do like Laguna, but only if I can dial out the understeer.

But at least everybody will have the same problem :)

Registered on the site, part time as you know. I am certain I will make one race atleast :P.

Room closed. I can Q later no biggie. I can run a theoretical 34.8, but my PB was a 35.2.

Looks like I'll be fighting for top 10 again lol.

Just got back from brunch, if you need to go today I'll be around for a couple hours. Finale of Walking Dead and Start of Game of Thrones tonight though... so I'll be gone in the evening. :D

Yeah, the only advice I can offer people is that it turns better on-throttle than off it.
I was getting much better results and feel braking early and powering through corners rather than trying to hold momentum. Especially the flick onto rahal. Usually we're trying to keep the speed up through there but I found it better to stomp the brake and get back on the power well before the apex to carry momentum up the hill rather than through the corner. Trying the usual fast-in line just results in understeer out into the sand.
Only place I was having big trouble with understeer was in rainy. Not sure if it's better to dab the brake and power through or just let the car scrub the fronts off throttle. *shrug*

Anyway, the tires aren't really sticky til lap 5,6,7 so with only 2 flyers it's really hard to get below 34.5. I'm thinking my .7 should be good for the top-half.

btw, nice sector 1 time... 👍
303 was the best I saw on my screen, but I of course pitched it sideways in the screw that lap.

Last edited:
Only place I was having big trouble with understeer was in rainy. Not sure if it's better to dab the brake and power through or just let the car scrub the fronts off throttle. *shrug*
Tried both, and haven't seen much of a difference. I think the former method is safer against an off, and my fronts will thank me for not turning them red.
303 was the best I saw on my screen, but I of course pitched it sideways in the screw that lap.
Thanks. I'm surprised how S1's not kicking my behind anymore. I must have figured out what I was doing wrong, except I don't know what that is. :odd:

Room open
1472-4710-9909-6402-8227

Room left to PAG and Rich
Room closed.
Anyway, the tires aren't really sticky til lap 5,6,7 so with only 2 flyers it's really hard to get below 34.5. I'm thinking my .7 should be good for the top-half.
Depends on who's in the field. I already got my flier averages in the .15-.30 zone, and just sneaked into the 33s for a PB. Think I can sit on that for a while. :)

Room closed.
Depends on who's in the field. I already got my flier averages in the .15-.30 zone, and just sneaked into the 33s for a PB. Think I can sit on that for a while. :)

I'm not going to put in buckets of practice. :P

I have much more fun just doing pick-up racing rather than putting in tons of effort... this series is my "vacation from stress".

Back