Put your money where your mildbrids are

• Thread starter miata13B
  • 127 comments
United States
2 smacks past uranus
Somebodyshootme
OK here is the link to the Race
http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28296

We can hybrid, we can create crazy fast cars. We can create mildly transformed cars. But when have you put them to the test.
If you are interested in Taking on a challenge to prove yourself in the GT community with your Mildbrid cars, sign up.

Who will be crowned king of the mildbrids and gets the Bragging rights?

Entries
1. Miata13b
2. Boombexus
3. IDAFC21
4. Famine
5. UB57
6. Attila_Da_Hun
7. BeasT-EL-33
8. Mojo Rising
9. TingBoy
10. tm2003
11. bondy_1625
12. mobilechicane
13. Frustrated Palm
14. AfterShock2369
15. exhaust_note
16. WhiteCharisma85

Who wants to be known as the King of Mildbrids? Who has the driving skill along with the tuning ability to lay a realistic modified car on the tarmac and light it up? Who is Number 1 at GTP?

So Miata, How do I get invovled in registering for this series. It sounds like it is a series where you have to put up or shut up.

Very simple guests, all you have to do is reply to this thread or PM me and then you get your name on the list :D

Originally posted by tainted*
wat do u do?
Well we make a hybrid car for GT3 using Mk's program. From that we use existing mods that can be currently donw to cars now a days. You have to present that Mildbrid to me and I along with two others will look it over to give it the thumbs up or thumbs down on whether it is a legit mildbrid or not. So Using a perfect example, My old Miata, I dropped a 13B into or second gen. RX-7 engine in it. I had intercooler, downpipe, boost controller, blow off valve, etc. all shipped to me from this japanesse company. I dynoed my car around 379hp. That right there is a realistic hybrid in life. So I wanna take that type of approach and use it to racing on GT3.

Originally posted by IDAFC21
Sounds quite interesting...what are the requirements for the mildbrids...i think i might just have the perfect one :cool:

Ok Boom and I discussed this and input is welcomed from anyone. . .
1. The Chassis of the car remains standard
2. Engine swaps performed by same manufacture
3. Swapped parts in general must remain with same manufacture
4. Drivetrain change to AWD with a projected real life counterpart
5. No use of F1 or Race car parts (No honda F1 mildbrids in an nsx)
6. Tranny can be used off any car in the same manufacture
7. Tires are from the same manufacture (NSX tires on Civic -> OK)
8. Body of vehicle remains the same
9. With a big outcome there will be classing based off P/W ratios and Downforce modifiers.
10. Downforce goes up to Front of 1.00 and Rear 1.25 nothing higher. If you want lower go ahead :D
11. Verification of vehicle, I will take care of that. Basically I don't want you to think it is a whole complex thing, Someone said it best to me like this - >
Quoted from UB57
( I whole-heartedly agree we don't need "Diablo" engines in "Lupos", just mods that are "Practical").
12. Weight reduction is limited to the car you use (no Corvette reduction on a Camaro)
13. No grip changing
14. If forementioned doesn't cover your question, ask don't assume
15. I am always open for ideas, just PM me if you think something will work better :D
16. there will be a P/W ratio of 2.0 limit on the cars
17. You can opt to keep your car secret, but because I am approving the cars I will let mine be know for everyone :D

If we can get a big crowd for these races, I would love to do a longer series out of this. :D

1. The Chassis of the car remains standard
4. Drivetrain type remains the same (no SiR II MR drivetrain)

Boooo!! :embarrassed: hehe. j/k. so wait...we can only build cars that have actually been built? I dont know if i like that so much

Boooo!! :embarrassed: hehe. j/k. so wait...we can only build cars that have actually been built? I dont know if i like that so much
Well look at it this way. Say you run into a ton of money in the future and you wanna build a good car with a realistic outcome. . . Now don't waste the money, test the money out first :D

Go out and build a Hennessey Viper Venom 800, or a Callaway Sledgehammer. That should keep you happy.

I trust there's no power limit - as skylineGTR_guy would tell us, there's a 1360hp street R34 running about - as long as the car, or one similar exists, and that we can use the power modifier?

I can verify if you'd like, too.

You would have to verify it. Something with that much horse would probably also need to be verified by a dyno slip, but A panel will decide that if enough interest is sparked in this series :D

No - I meant I can verify the hybrids submitted by competitors for adherance to rules, yer numptie :D

I'm a GT3 Replay Verifier of quite good standing - I verify for GT3Times routinely and was a verifier for the 9Boards recently. While I can only check PAL replays for cleanliness on-track, I can help check ALL replays for technical verification...

Originally posted by Famine
No - I meant I can verify the hybrids submitted by competitors for adherance to rules, yer numptie :D

I'm a GT3 Replay Verifier of quite good standing - I verify for GT3Times routinely and was a verifier for the 9Boards recently. While I can only check PAL replays for cleanliness on-track, I can help check ALL replays for technical verification...
Coolness, pretty repeatative job I bet. . .

That might come in handy btw :D

Actually, I've been thinking about your drivetrain rule... I think maybe you should alter it a bit. Look at it this way:
VW Golf GTi (ooh, your avatar, what a coincidence). FF.

Now what if (there was one in GT3... and) someone wanted to make a REAL VR4? Or R32...?

The rule ought to be "Any drivetrain changes must maintain the original drive wheels and engine layout" - so MR, RR, FF and FR can all become 4WD, but not change between themselves. Think of the great cars you'd be missing (assuming they were in GT3... :D)

Diablo - MR; Diablo VT - 4WD
Porsche 996 911 - RR; Carrera 4 - 4WD

You get the idea... :D Actually, I get one too... Mmmm... Rinspeed Porsche... :D

Originally posted by Famine
Actually, I've been thinking about your drivetrain rule... I think maybe you should alter it a bit. Look at it this way:
VW Golf GTi (ooh, your avatar, what a coincidence). FF.

Now what if (there was one in GT3... and) someone wanted to make a REAL VR4? Or R32...?

The rule ought to be "Any drivetrain changes must maintain the original drive wheels and engine layout" - so MR, RR, FF and FR can all become 4WD, but not change between themselves. Think of the great cars you'd be missing (assuming they were in GT3... :D)

Diablo - MR; Diablo VT - 4WD
Porsche 996 911 - RR; Carrera 4 - 4WD

You get the idea... :D Actually, I get one too... Mmmm... Rinspeed Porsche... :D
Actually Famine I do agree with you totally, I would love to have a GTI R32 in this game and due to some interest of others I am in the middle of re-writing the rules. So far the Drivetrain is a good choice when it comes to a realistic approach. Another rule that is going under question is the verification. What I believe we can do a is have the Ideas PMed to us and we verify it instead of people that don't have the time for it. Remember this is the draft board for the Mildbrid races. I would truly love to see this have a good turnout. I can't say it will be as successful as Boom's Weekly, but I would like to have up to if not more then 30 people doing this.

Everyone feel free to submit suggestions on rules. Leave them on this thread and then when everyone can agree with what is acceptable not possibly ideal though, we will get to the next evolution in a possible series or a bunch of short races, whatever.

Alex :D

Speaking of which, possible a W8 Beetle 4-motion??? AWD Beetle with 270hp stock. hmmm. :D

RULE IDEAs :
💡#1) Think Power/Weight Ratio within a specified range should be the only other rule.
💡 #2) At least for the 1st Competition, I'd like to keep Car/Engine identity a Secret (until AFTER the comp of course) even if it means My Choice is found "Un-Practical." (I'm easily "swayed" by other's "Hot Set-Ups" & would like to at least "Try" to be original!!!)...UB57
:D

BTW: Have "thrown together" 4-5 rides that I THINK will be legal, what a BLAST!!!

Originally posted by UB57
RULE IDEAs :
💡 #2) At least for the 1st Competition, I'd like to keep Car/Engine identity a Secret (until AFTER the comp of course) even if it means My Choice is found "Un-Practical." (I'm easily "swayed" by other's "Hot Set-Ups" & would like to at least "Try" to be original!!!)...UB57
I am not too sure whether that would be good or not. Letting others know of what you have can be an advantage or disadvantage, plus the swaying of other cars is also another thing that could come from that.

Well, what does everyone else think about this idea???

Originally posted by Attila_Da_Hun
count me in
No problems Attila, good to have you aboard, feel free to post any suggestions you have and any thoughts on what to do. I would like to get at least 30 people going on this, but it is understandable if we don't get that many. I think this will be starting in a week or two at most :D

Originally posted by miata13B
I am not too sure whether that would be good or not. Letting others know of what you have can be an advantage or disadvantage, plus the swaying of other cars is also another thing that could come from that.

I dont know, i think it might be kinda interesting to keep them a secret. EXCEPT i still think they should at least still be approved by miata first, just to ensure legality for the competition. It really doesnt matter either way to me. but if we decide to keep them wrapped up to the other racers, i think they should at least be approved by miata anyways

I dont know, i think it might be kinda interesting to keep them a secret. EXCEPT i still think they should at least still be approved by miata first, just to ensure legality for the competition
I like that, and for everyone, because I will be looking at your cars, I will post my car, so no one thinks I have an advantage over everyone else, I believe that would make it fair :D

Post your car to me - or better yet a completely uninvolved third party. Like Heydu - someone with a hybrid interest who isn't taking part.

Famine, Heydu or miata13B are ALL Kool by me. 👍 Or if we get enough participants, one could sit out a race & "Vouch" for the others on a rotating basis...UB57

Originally posted by miata13B

Sup All,

I honestly don't see a reason to spill the beans of your rad ride before the checkered flag.

My thought is: The only people that really need to be verified are the people who take podium spots. ( or maybe the first 6 place Drivers. I don't want to say that they are the only people that really matter, but, Think about it. Ya Know? It would save a whole lot of time and effort.

Also, what about one-car makes, like BMW? How can I switch parts out with it if there are no other BMWs?

BTW, I'm in too.

Or maybe it might be fun to keep the inner workings of the car a secret, but just state the base car youre using, you know, that way you keep people guessin "what ya got under the hood" until the comps over :mischievous:

Latest Posts

Back