Put your money where your mildbrids are

• Thread starter miata13B
  • 127 comments
Originally posted by Famine
mobilechicane - your gears have no values... I don't know if this is intentional or not.

wasn't intentionally hiding anything, i only set the car up once its in gt3, and hadn't bothered to 'port it back before posting :)

btw famine, the blitz R348:
850hp
699kg

obviously you'd be using a heavier skyline chassis, but 1700kg??? or am i messing up the 2.0 p/w rule??

oh, and tm2003, the 'miata' in my post referred to our RA, not neccesarily to my car.. ;)

The Blitz R348, according to Supercars.net, has 850hp and weighs 1541kg. Unfortunately this is outside the 2.000/500 PWR rule. I've decided to leave the car at 1560kg and reduce the power to 780hp.

To have a weight-to-power ratio in-game of 2.000, your car's power must be exactly half the car's weight. 2kg/hp is of course the same as 500hp/tonne...

That Tuscan moves well, by the way.

If you consider a 2000hp, 900kg car a "mildbrid" or one that could be "built in real life", you probably ought to be checking your frontal lobe...

I don't want anyone checking his hole near me, thank you.

I've had a look at your car - a quick once over. I've not driven it yet - I've been drive-testing my own. However, apart from the tyres and DF it needs, doesn't it have a little too much power? I mean, okay so there's the RX-7's turbocharged twin-rotor in there, but are there any cases of that being considered as a "real" modification? The Renesis unit is held as being far superior in all departments - other than there not being a turbo on it. And I'm not sure a Renesis would be all that happy with that much power :D

Sorry - had to post this (cheers daan)...

Mildbrid?

ricer.jpg

that was photo was taken just before the us bombers bombed in "friendly fire" mistking it for one of the america fighter jets

Looking into it, it seems that the next "RX-7" - if it's called that - will be using a Renesis engine, with turbos attached. I'd stick with the original RX-8 engine, slap on a turbo - for the noise & boost gauge, and tweak the horsepower accordingly with the power modifier.

Was the RX-7 engine. Besides, you wouldn't be allowed the 787B engine - no race car parts.

No - you got it RIGHT, GT3 has it wrong.

The figure in the game is "kg/hp" (so technically a "weight-to-power ratio). 2.000 kg/hp is 500hp/tonne.

If you're really, really into accuracy (just for the Americans here), 2.000 kg/hp is 551hp per short (US) ton (2000lbs) and 492hp/ton (2240lbs).

OK there has been some issues with cars since I have been gone. This is going to be the way of checking your car for the P/W ratio. The number that appears on that spec in the Specs section of the car in your garage is what we are going by. drop the weight figuring and anything else that is being construed about it.

Mazdaspeed btw is building a turbo kit for the new Renesis engine. I would figure it to have around 330hp give or take a little. :D

Originally posted by Famine
The Blitz R348, according to Supercars.net, has 850hp and weighs 1541kg.

Yep. sounds much more reasonable. that'll teach me to trust the 1st link that pops up on a google page!!

any progress made towards teh racing miata 13b?

Sup all,

I've been trowing around some ideas for some rides and I have come across a couple of questions.

1. Will there be tyre wear in this series?

2. How can you put engine parts from one engine into another? (like NA tune from a Miata engine into An RX-7 engine.) The parts just simply arent compatible. Plus those parts give a larger percenage in Hp increase. I just think that along with the engine that you choose, all of the upgrade that "fit", should be the ones to use (pilish, NA Tune, Displacement, chip, balance) Just think if you port polished a Supra head the same specs as you you would a trueno. Not good. Or put a FTO chip in a Lancer Evo. VI. Not Good either.

3. Suspension Parts. (Same thing) You simply can't put NSX suspension in a Civic( OK, Maybe you can rig parts of it to work) Just a thought.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm just wondering. If it's cool, then it's cool. or maybe we should discuss it. I know you don't want to make this too difficult the first time around, and I'm not making fun of anyone who did these things, but I had to throw my 2 cents in.

Originally posted by Mojo Rising
2. How can you put engine parts from one engine into another? (like NA tune from a Miata engine into An RX-7 engine.) The parts just simply arent compatible. Plus those parts give a larger percenage in Hp increase. I just think that along with the engine that you choose, all of the upgrade that "fit", should be the ones to use (pilish, NA Tune, Displacement, chip, balance) Just think if you port polished a Supra head the same specs as you you would a trueno. Not good. Or put a FTO chip in a Lancer Evo. VI. Not Good either.

Bit of a moot point. It's by far easier to just get the engine as you want, make it turbo/NA as you want (to NA it, change all the turbo lines to -1), add on the muffler you feel like, zero the oil and just tweak the power multiplier as desired.

Originally posted by Mojo Rising
Sup all,

I've been trowing around some ideas for some rides and I have come across a couple of questions.

1. Will there be tyre wear in this series?

3. Suspension Parts. (Same thing) You simply can't put NSX suspension in a Civic( OK, Maybe you can rig parts of it to work) Just a thought.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm just wondering. If it's cool, then it's cool. or maybe we should discuss it. I know you don't want to make this too difficult the first time around, and I'm not making fun of anyone who did these things, but I had to throw my 2 cents in.

1. There maybe in a race or two, but the beginning , no there won't.

2. You are either using force induction of Normally Aspirated. sorry Mojo. The reason for this is that we are using mildbrids or cars you would actually see on the road.

3. You can use the same suspensions from the same manufacture. That means you can use that setup with the civic, but who wants a FF drivetrain because you can't change drivetrains :D.

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Hey, back from Vacation! How can I pass this up? Sign me up!...
Hey Frustrated, longtime no see my friend. Good to have you back. PM the cars and everybody get your cars in. I am sorry I am slow to respond with them, I am really busy with work and all, but this was my last week for a while working 8:30am to 9pm, 4 days in a row for a while :D.

I have something we might be able to add to the rules. Since BMW has only one car (and a few other's have only one road car while the rest are race cars), why not we have a small exception for those. Like you can use parts from another manufacturer that is owned by it (or that it is owned by or from another company that is owned by the same manufacturer). Here is an example:

Assume Aston Martin had only 1 car in GT3. We could have the rules say that it can take parts from Mazda, since Mazda AND Aston Martin are owned by Ford (at least a part of it I think), but, it can only borrow parts from 1 manufacturer. Same for the PT Cruiser. Since Chrysler ownes Dodge, it can take parts from Dodge...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
I have something we might be able to add to the rules. Since BMW has only one car (and a few other's have only one road car while the rest are race cars), why not we have a small exception for those. Like you can use parts from another manufacturer that is owned by it (or that it is owned by or from another company that is owned by the same manufacturer). Here is an example:

Assume Aston Martin had only 1 car in GT3. We could have the rules say that it can take parts from Mazda, since Mazda AND Aston Martin are owned by Ford (at least a part of it I think), but, it can only borrow parts from 1 manufacturer. Same for the PT Cruiser. Since Chrysler ownes Dodge, it can take parts from Dodge...
We would need a vote on this one Frustrated. . . What does everyone think?

I think it should be OK with Dodge and Plymouth, maybe even Jag and Ford. But Astin Martin and Mazda? That's something you'd never see, But who am I to say it couldnt be done.

Why Not?

Or, in fact, FOUR wheel drive... Should be fun... :D

Tied-in manufacturers in the game ARE:
Chrysler - Dodge, Mercedes-Benz.
Ford - Mazda (controlling stake), Aston Martin, Jaguar, Tickford
FIAT - Lancia
Peugeot - Citroen
Honda - Acura (duh!)
VW - Audi
Chevrolet - Vauxhall/Opel

Of course after that you've got engine donors:
Lotus - Toyota. in the USA the Elise has a 1.8i VVTi Toyota engine from a Celica and detuned. Everywhere else, it's a Rover K-series. And the Mini has a Rover K-series.
Alfa Romeo - Gillet. The Vertigo has an Alfa engine in it!
Nissan - Renault have a limited partnership. I'm told the 3.0 engine from the Nissan QV is essentially the same as the Laguna's V6, which is IN the Clio V6!
Pagani - powered by Mercedes-Benz. Nothing wrong with pulling the 7.0 Pagani block and shoving it in the CL IMO.
Lister - Jaguar. The Lister carries a 7 litre Jaguar engine...

You can go more esoteric still - hopping outside the boundaries of the game, the DeLorean was powered by a 3.0 Renault engine... Not a very good one, mind.

Engine swaps should be limited to "reasonable size" I think - +/- 25% capacity. So you can put a 1.6 in a Mini, or swap someone's 1.8 for a 2.2. In real life things can get kind of weird - I know of at least one 5.0 V8 Mini...!

Back