PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games

• Thread starter Robin
  • 11 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
upload_2018-2-9_11-3-16.png

Surprised there isn't a thread on this yet. Possibly the coldest Winter Olympics ever and the opening ceremony starts soon.

Last edited:
I missed the mens slopestyle snowboarding finals, but caught the womens tonight. Shame that it was so windy for them. I personally thought Hailey Langland had the best run, but what do I know. ( I've always liked style and smoothness over crazy tricks). I would have liked to see Yaku Fujimori pull off her last jump as well, because she was having a great run. Also would have liked to see Anna Gasser pull off a full run as well. I thought Jamie Anderson was scored a bit high; she was flailing on the second jump and barely held the grab, and the third jump flailed a bit. Still a big congratulations to her, and all the other women for making it there, and riding in such windy conditions.

Next events I hope to catch are men and womens snowboard halfpipe. Rooting for Raibu Katayama and Ayumu Hirano. The other event I'll be waiting for is Big Air.

Watched the snowboard halfpipe final last night - very, very impressive stuff... particularly enjoyed the winning run by Shaun White, that guy's style is pretty unique - he tends to bend his head backward which allows him to adopt body shapes that the others can't do - it looks spectacular and graceful at the same time, although it also looks impossibly difficult and extremely brave.

The luge and skeleton events are my favourites and make me wish I had got into that sport when I was younger - though I am with Robin Williams when it comes to the two-man luge: (skip to 2:00!)

I also seem to have developed a keen interest in curling, esp. any match that involves Anastasia Bryzgalova...

1061471398.jpg

...that said, the way she was screaming 'SVEEP!' at her teammate/husband was enough to put the fear of God into any man.

I also seem to have developed a keen interest in curling, esp. any match that involves Anastasia Bryzgalova...

1061471398.jpg

...that said, the way she was screaming 'SVEEP!' at her teammate/husband was enough to put the fear of God into any man.

Yeah, I can imagine she's like that at home :lol:

Olympics has been excellent so far, with it being so cold and windy its been ultra challenging for many of the events. Saw some of the Snowboard Cross today which was brutal and other day the Ice Dancing was really impressive, Canada were in another league.

That Russian curlers husband has been done done for doping.

Can someone explain why on earth you need to dope for curling?! :lol:

That Russian curlers husband has been done done for doping.

Can someone explain why on earth you need to dope for curling?! :lol:
Roids improve confidence, focus, and eye hand coordination. A few years ago a Chinese Archer also tested positive for doping.

Holy crap, we're still on top of the medal rankings?! Was sure Germany would have surpassed us by now.

So I hear the Russian mens hockey team sang their national anthem after winning the gold, despite being forbidden to do so.
Good for them, I don't have an opinion either way if it was right or wrong of the players, but it's ridiculous how there's not a single video of it to be found on YouTube.

The videos immediately get taken down by YouTube for some reason.

Well here's one they can't remove.

Back