Question for Kart lovers :D

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 43 comments
Georgia
Tbilisi
N6KimiRaikkonen
so I wanted to ask, what is the best lap time you cud get on Monaco with 100cc karts ?

I can easily do under 1.50 and wanna know if it is quick enough lol
:D

so I wanted to ask, what is the best lap time you cud get on Monaco with 100cc karts ?

I can easily do under 1.50 and wanna know if it is quick enough lol
:D

First of all, welcome to :gtplanet: . I will have a go in a 100cc kart around Cote D'Azur and tell you my fastest laptime afterwards. I do want to tell you however, if you're going to create a new thread, then you might as well give it more meaning and point, and not a one-liner thread.

First of all, welcome to :gtplanet: . I will have a go in a 100cc kart around Cote D'Azur and tell you my fastest laptime afterwards. I do want to tell you however, if you're going to create a new thread, then you might as well give it more meaning and point, and not a one-liner thread.

Okay, Thank you first off all, and I will take that in mind next time !
Also looking foward for your laptime !

cheers

Okay, Thank you first off all, and I will take that in mind next time !
Also looking foward for your laptime !

cheers

My best laptime after about 5 laps was 1:49.990 so I guess you are setting competitive laptimes.

I can't do karts. It is so much harder with a ds3

I don't blame you because when I was using a DS3, the karts are very touchy and out of control. The only way you can drive them to their full potential is by using a FFB wheel.

More meaning and point? I thought he had a valid question and what is the point of a forum where you are criticized all of the time?

More meaning and point? I thought he had a valid question and what is the point of a forum where you are criticized all of the time?

I dont see any answer in your post , sorry :)
and If you don't have it, why r u here ?

and If you don't have it, why r u here ?
He was defending your thread, eh?

Besides, more meaning/point as in:

so I wanted to ask, what is the best lap time you cud get on Monaco with 100cc karts ? I can easily do under 1.50 and wanna know if it is quick enough lol

Any tips for improving my times? I find it hard to keep control in the bends, always doing 360s and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I love running karts there as well! The best way I found is to take a LOT bigger/longer outside line (to hold speed and prevent spin-out) rather then following the regular racing line like you would a normal car! And for gods sake avoid the curb at the chicane!!! Lol!!

Last edited:
and If you don't have it, why are you here ?
Just as a heads up, just in case you didn't bother reading the Acceptable Use Policy, it states that you shouldn't use text speak and decent grammar is expected at all times. I'm not accusing you of anything, but you won't be on these forums for long if you continue to text speak:

AUP
- You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
I love running karts there as well! The best way I found is to take a LOT bigger/longer outside line (to hold speed and prevent spin-out) rather then following the regular racing line like you would a normal car! And for gods sake avoid the curb at the chicane!!! Lol!!

Normally when driving cars, you want to take a late apex to increase exit speed. But because karts in-game don't accelerate as fast as most of the cars in GT5, you have to pick the line that will maintain your current speed as possible, taking the geometric line through corners.

And you must be careful of driving over kerbs, karts have no suspension and therefore isn't able to absorb the sudden impact.

MSTER232
Normally when driving cars, you want to take a late apex to increase exit speed. But because karts in-game don't accelerate as fast as most of the cars in GT5, you have to pick the line that will maintain your current speed as possible, taking the geometric line through corners.

And you must be careful of driving over kerbs, karts have no suspension and therefore isn't able to absorb the sudden impact.

Lol yes that is exactly what I meant! That is my best advice for that track! I'll take a crack at it and post my time as soon a I have a chance! (probably after work tonight :( )

jgancherjr

You would probably roll the hairpin curb!

TheRaikko, have you added me on PSN yet?

Yes, I did !
Just got back to my PS3...

Sorry mate, I got it wrong... You know, Sometimes because of my english, I can"t get things right, I thought... nvm, sorry !

He was defending your thread, eh?

Besides, more meaning/point as in:

Yep, thanks for it ! Didn't get it right until reading this.. thanks !

Hi, guys I do a lot of laps around autumn ring mini and kart space, what are your times around those tracks in 100cc or 125cc karts?

Had loads of fun with Raikko today. We had quite a few close races, but it would have been much more fun if we had more people joining. The next time, is anyone up for a karting meet for the 100cc and the 125cc classes?

Hi, guys I do a lot of laps around autumn ring mini and kart space, what are your times around those tracks in 100cc or 125cc karts?
I will have a go and tell you my times when I can.

Thats nice, but trz to beat 1.47.2 with 100cc Kart on monaco .
And If you can go under 1.23.5 on Autumn ring (FULL) With 100cc kart

Is anyone surprised that the go-kart can actually go around certain tracks faster than a street car?

Thats nice, but trz to beat 1.47.2 with 100cc Kart on monaco .
And If you can go under 1.23.5 on Autumn ring (FULL) With 100cc kart

Just did 3 laps of autumn ring and got a 1:23.026

Also after a few laps of monaco I got a 1:46.8

I managed a 1.48 on Monaco with a 100cc about a month ago...there really need to be more kart enthusiasts on GT5.

+1 for that :) I think it would be nice to see a gearbox kart also in the future either in DLC or for GT6, that would be more suited to these longer circuits as it is sometimes boring on the long straights in a 125cc and 100cc kart :)

Latest Posts

Back