Question online time trial challenge

• Thread starter Kmkzy
  • 9 comments
H-shifter can have a slight advantage, typically when you want to skip gears when downshifting, and shifting in general is faster when using manual, as then you don't have the game's default shift lag when using sequential.

Last edited:
There was a way to shift massively faster by using the H shifter and it gave people a large advantage. Especially in cars with slower shifts. Unfortunately this was the same problem they had in GT Sport that they never fixed so it's likely the H shifter remains a no go for sport mode and time trials from now on

thanks for your response guys.
in my opinion the whole point of racing is trying to be faster the same thing in tuning. you tune your car to be faster.
its a big lose that we can't use the H-shifter 😞

Well, the reason for the H shifter was that it allowed skipping gears and auto selecting gears. Things that were pushing the edge of reality. You could leave the H shifter in the low gear you wanted, shift up with the wheel and when you went to downshift if you blipped the clutch it auto dropped you into the selected gear on the H shifter instantly. Or something along those lines. It was a pay for play advantage.

But I do admit I would love to race some of the old cars on rigs using the shifter. Would be quite fun.

I, too, really wish the shifter was allowed in Sport mode... especially the TT.

I mean, I kinda get why it was disabled as people were using it as a cheat. But if you think about it, so many people are on different equipment anyway: some use controllers with teh d-pad; some use the controllers with the stick; some use wheels from Logitech; others Fanatech; others Thrustmaster.

All that being said, my rig has a clutch pedal and I cannot shift as quickly with the clutch and stick as fast as the paddles. Plus, with teh clutch you always run the risk of missing a gear or not timing everything perfectly and grinding. So there may be an advantage but there are also disadvantages as well. The user should be able to decide which way to go.

Anyway, I digress.

Handbrake is disabled because ever since GT5, maybe earlier, the physics engine has had a flaw which allowed people to get cars to point into corners better by dabbing the handbrake on the way in. They still haven't fixed it, so disabling it is the band-aid fix.

Back