Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
Not really a fan of it but I wonder why he chose copper instead of chrome too
9E05E452-3CDE-492B-9CAB-C8792A98AAF1.jpeg
555A6058-661F-4017-A7C2-EC5EB28CAB26.jpeg

80eheh08wwl11.jpg

I mean...don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that it belongs here...but it appears to be fairly well done. It really is rather tacky, but I'd take it over a cliché Rocket Bunny-style break-the-internet thing without batting a lash.
The guy who owns this obviously loves the look of late 40s/ early 50s era American cars. Loaded with chrome, fender skirts and whitewall tires. It is questionable to some but I like it. It beats blending in with the croud with a plain ordinary car.
1951_Hudson_maroon_convertible_Hershey_2012_a.jpg

That and it having extra exhaust pipes.
Indeed. Traditionally, those extra exhaust pipes--called "lake pipes"--were plumbed aft of the exhaust manifold and enabled the owner to remove the caps at the end, effectively bypassing the muffler and unleashing a few extra ponies at the expense of additional noise not suitable for street use.

That practicality was lost somewhere in the '60s, and the lake pipes have since typically been employed for form over function, with no relation to the existing exhaust system.

I spent so much time trying to figure out if the chrome tubes on the fenders were supposed to be snorkels or faux exhausts that I almost didn't see the mudflaps mounted in front of the wheels and the upside-down sunshade.

This has to be some ironic joke. I refuse to believe it's possible for anyone to get this much wrong without doing it on purpose.

Oh my. I think I see Mazda in the headlights, Nissan Altima in the taillights, Toyota MR2 toward the rear, and I think Ferrari in the front bumper? Kind of just looks like something out of Grand Theft Auto. Looks well made though from what I can see through the dust.

Nissan Patrol with middle aligned, center positioned driver's seat with steering wheel, pedals, gear shifter, and gauge cluster.

driverless-car.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Video (there doesn't seem to be any sound):

Here's few cars I caught yesterday that I thought were interesting.

pinkJourney.PNG

Bad picture due to traffic, but this truck had a spoiler and some front aero that looked kind of tacky.

truckspoiler.PNG

The white part of these rims are spinners. The driver was also blasting some bass heavy something.

cadillacSpinnerzzzx.PNG

I'm not sure if this belongs here or Odd Modifications, but I thought it was strange to have roof racks and a spoiler; seems like they would conflict with each other, but I'm no aerodynamicist.

BMDubyuh.PNG

Back