Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
Isn't this thread full of reposts though? :P
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

Gold-King-ZL1-Camaro-4-e1529117079898.jpg

Hehe, made a fool of myself ..... again. :D
Honest mistake; don't worry about it. It didn't register immediately for me, and I was actually about to comment about someone actually painting their cardboard bodykit.

Here's what appears to be a later version photographed in the same location:

Anglia19.jpg

Just saw this on Twitter. Fiat 126 on a '67 Beetle chassis.
EBPh5xlW4AYB1KP

EBPh6eCXkAEEeo5

Honestly, I quite like it.
I really like it as well. Looks like it is very well done.
You blokes might want to reserve you're opinion without knowing what it drives like.

I reckon it'd corner like a double-decker bus & have trouble getting out of it's own way. I also have to wonder where it could be driven for 'fun'?

Admirable engineering in the looks department though.

I reckon it'd corner like a double-decker bus & have trouble getting out of it's own way.
I think you'd be surprised on both counts.

SCORE International Class 11 off-road racing (think Baja 1000) regulations dictate use of stock Volkswagen Type 1 suspension hardware save for springs, and swingaxles are popular in that division for their durability. Sure, the handling characteristics aren't the same as IRS, but they're nothing that one can't adapt to.

Another requirement for Class 11 is standard engine cases with displacement not exceeding maximum standard 1584cc and the use of a single 30 PICT carb--horsepower is low 80s on the generous side.

Something tells me that Fiat isn't similarly restricted, though it does use a swingaxle.

I also have to wonder where it could be driven for 'fun'?
Why...in the air of course.

BAJA-VW(14).jpg

:sly:

Edit: I should have said there's potential to be surprised, as I don't know anything more about that Fiat than what was posted and what is apparent in the pictures. My point was that swingaxle suspension and an old Volkswagen engine don't have to be a big, fat bummer.

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks nice enough that as long as it is in reasonable condition (it looks good) and reasonable price I would love that lol. It looks fantastic.

But if on sale the asking price would probably be something stupid like $45k or something...

in this case I agree... its a more convincing kit than most, and GM parts are way way way cheaper than ferrari parts Fiero's are kinda known for some issues of their own, a firebird eliminates that... LS swap it and it may be faster than a real one and still be cheaper

Back