Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,995 comments
  • 3,475,155 views
Doesn't even fit well.
 
Well, considered that the Musso did use a Mercedes engine, it could quite count for those badges. But still, those badges looks terribly wrong on the car :yuck:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SsangYong_Musso

Which is itself, not a bad car!

It's not as ugly as the new Ssangyongs, it's cheap and reliable. Sure, the interior is made out of the same plastics you'd find in a tray of Dairy Milk, but then you're not paying through the nose for it either. It's an honest-to-God practical workhorse. It's even quite composed over bumps, I've been in three in my lifetime, two actually off-road. :)

This seems a bit out of place, but I felt it necessary to talk about one of the most under-appreciated SUVs.

With regards to the Scion, it's a nice idea in principal, but looks like Moses parted those panels.
 
Which is itself, not a bad car!

It's not as ugly as the new Ssangyongs, it's cheap and reliable. Sure, the interior is made out of the same plastics you'd find in a tray of Dairy Milk, but then you're not paying through the nose for it either. It's an honest-to-God practical workhorse. It's even quite composed over bumps, I've been in three in my lifetime, two actually off-road. :)

This seems a bit out of place, but I felt it necessary to talk about one of the most under-appreciated SUVs.

With regards to the Scion, it's a nice idea in principal, but looks like Moses parted those panels.

If just it wasn't so damn ugly...
 
It's not offensively ugly... a little dull maybe.
18178.jpg

finalmusso6.jpg
 
It's not offensively ugly... a little dull maybe.
18178.jpg

finalmusso6.jpg
That's almost an improvement.

It was a POS car to begin with, now at least it looks like it might be capable of driving through thick grass.
 
Serge, your picture isn't working for me.
 
WHAT......THE........HELL......IS.........IT??!?

It started life as a Volvo 240 - But that's about as much as I can say...
 
Looks like an old Volva with a bad paintjob a weird front spoiler and aford sierra cosworth bumper.*

Probably isnt but the light shapes and grill shape look simalair.
 
Actually reminds me of the Turismo Carretera cars. only worse.

foto_1.jpg
 
That car looks so awesome it's hard to make it look bad. Remove the tails, spoiler, and put some stock sideskirts back on and it looks awesome.
 
That car looks so awesome it's hard to make it look bad. Remove the tails, spoiler, and put some stock sideskirts back on and it looks awesome.


You should have seen it from the front :nervous::yuck:

Toronado
I'm confused. Was that an Elan or something at one point?

It WAS a 340R before someone molested it.

lotus_340R.jpg
 
You should have seen it from the front :nervous::yuck:



It WAS a 340R before someone molested it.

lotus_340R.jpg
It looks identical to that one, I don't see the "questionable"
part, unless the car itself is. But then it's not a modification.
 
I dunno if I would count that. Yeah, I know it wasn't that color stock, but there is an Elise 20 feet away in the same color. And there is a incredibly flamboyant green one next to that. For that matter, there is a car that is FF with a Lotus Elan badge on it to the immediate left. And the 340R itself had no doors and you could see through the body panels.

In perspective, Lotus' can be weird enough normally that I don't see that particular 340R as too much of a problem. Its not like a 340R is going to attract any more attention than it did normally just because it is orange. That being said, I would prefer a light blue or burgundy one.
 
Yeah, I would get mine in a flamboyant green as well, but the fact that the whole 340R is painted orange makes it look pretty dumb. I think if all that exposed aluminum was black, it would help. I still thing the all-orange is questionable compared to stock, where the fenders and other various parts are accented in different colours.

I felt the same way when the Exige S came out with its painted splitter, scoops and wing. It seemed like they tried to tame it, but just looks off.
 
i dont like the orange 340r really i think it would be better looking in a metallic silver/black and the scooby is um..... odd
 
Back