Questions and Answers

That's the video LR tried to post, quote me and look what I've done comparing to the URL of your video, to see how it's done LR.

Last edited:
Oh, those bloody hidden packages! I found the ones in the station and the waterfront alright, and I've got most from the depot - but I'm missing three from the parking lot.

I just completed all 80 compound missions. For some of the packages I was missing I watched YouTube videos to find them. :P

I've only got three or four to go. Some of them are really stumping me, like the 180-degree jump. I've pulled it off, but the trick is to get the game to recognise that you've done it. I can't even find where I'm supposed to do the others - like Big Jump to the Waterfront and Boat Stands.

matt-mtb
Does the superteams pack include more events?

No just four more liveries... Which are Team Yokohama, Brembo Racing, Texaco Racing and Mobil 1 Performance... Took a couple of times to download of store must be a lot of demand.

Does the superteams pack include more events?
It's called a "superteams" pack, not a "superevents" pack. So what do you think the answer is?

If new events are to be included, they'll likely be attached to the Monte Carlo and Shibuya DLC packs.

Yes. There are new events included in the pre-order bonuses. If you check the seasons again, the top event for each respective season has a set of new races. I believe each one is called "Super stars" or something to that affect. It shows up to the right of each events final.

Has anyone figured out if the vip pass only activates online for only one account or all accounts on that ps3? Thanks for the help.

Has anyone figured out if the vip pass only activates online for only one account or all accounts on that ps3? Thanks for the help.

yes I have two accounts on my ps3 and my bro downloaded it and it worked on mine

Yes. There are new events included in the pre-order bonuses. If you check the seasons again, the top event for each respective season has a set of new races. I believe each one is called "Super stars" or something to that affect. It shows up to the right of each events final.

Cheers, many thanks

Serious question, do you guys think using assists gives an unfair advantage over those who don't use any?
I'm working on structuring a competition, but I'm trying to figure out how to make it cheat-free.... since a whole bunch of you put yourselves out there to say you want a competition but haven't put yourselves far enough to start anything, I highly recommend you guys support me on this.

Well... For most drivers, yes because they will have to waste time recovering the car whilst the others speed off.

Okay, but like you know how the driving AIDs in GT5 pretty much hinder you from setting a fast lap (i.e. skid recovery force, ASM, TCS, etc)? Would you say the Braking Assist, Throttle Management, and other assists do the same?

Yes they help, but wouldn't they limit one's potential?

Can you use tanner foust's fiesta in gymkhana?

Matt, it seems that the Rockstar Fiesta we've seen is a Rallycross car, not a Gymkhana car.

Anyone else having problems with wheel settings resetting? While in career mode, I have to restart every race cause my wheel settings are no longer there. Most noticeably, the steering linearity, as the car becomes really twitchy. But when I restart the race, my wheel settings take effect again.

Im on PS3 with the G27.

Not sure about PS3, but on PC none of the wheel setting save on exit. I have to reconfigure the dead zones and set the wheel as the main controller every time I load the game. Doesn't sound the same as what you're describing though.

Feels like they are helping people go faster, you can push the limit further when you have less likelihood of a spin and I don't think there's the same effect as GT5 where they actually slow you down. I seem to be able to keep up better in the hardcore mode than the regular.

I have a question...

Someone explain to me the online fan loyalty thing with the coloured bubbles??

The bubbles relate to your performance. If you're a clean racer, you'll get a green marker and an extra 10% added to your Fanbase. If you're overly aggressive or involved in too many incidents, you'll get a red marker and lose 20% of your Fanbase rewards. And if you're somewhere in the middle, you'll get a yellow marker and no positive or negative Fanbase bonsues. I'm not sure exactly how your ranking is calculated, but in order to lose a negative marker, you have to have some clean races. I had a really bad Landrush earlier tonight and got a red marker. I then went on and won a rally in Michigan, a Head 2 Head at the Smelter and a Gymkhana event in Monaco, and as all three races were clean, I got a yellow marker.

The bubbles relate to your performance. If you're a clean racer, you'll get a green marker and an extra 10% added to your Fanbase. If you're overly aggressive or involved in too many incidents, you'll get a red marker and lose 20% of your Fanbase rewards. And if you're somewhere in the middle, you'll get a yellow marker and no positive or negative Fanbase bonsues. I'm not sure exactly how your ranking is calculated, but in order to lose a negative marker, you have to have some clean races. I had a really bad Landrush earlier tonight and got a red marker. I then went on and won a rally in Michigan, a Head 2 Head at the Smelter and a Gymkhana event in Monaco, and as all three races were clean, I got a yellow marker.
So it sounds like this Fanbase ranking is like your credit Score, easy to wreck, but harder to raise it.

Makes sense to me if it is in fact like this, hopefully it will promote cleaner online races, of course this only works if the people care for that sort of thing.

That's going to have inaccurate results for me when I hit up online. I like to push it to the limit with certain track sections and will most likely crash and stuff... so I would get a red marker for trying something new that could potentially be a much faster way around a corner?

That's going to have inaccurate results for me when I hit up online. I like to push it to the limit with certain track sections and will most likely crash and stuff... so I would get a red marker for trying something new that could potentially be a much faster way around a corner?

Well crashing is extremely dangerous to other drivers, so I'd call it fair. Intentional or not a barrel rolling car on the track is a problem for others :lol:, granted in ranked events some have no collisions but the rating still holds true if someone is a regular accident then they will cause problems in collisions on events be it point to point in jam session or the circuit races.

True, but what if someone was just driving really slow (I'm talking about Rally or Trailblazer), and you know you can pull the Gutter Trick and overtake them in the next corner?

In Rally Cross, I do a lot of late braking because I use a completely different driving line than what people normally use. So what if another driver and I happen to cross paths? Is it my fault that I was driving fast? or would it be their fault because they drove into me?

In Rally Cross, I do a lot of late braking because I use a completely different driving line than what people normally use. So what if another driver and I happen to cross paths? Is it my fault that I was driving fast? or would it be their fault because they drove into me?

Happen to cross paths doesn't happen, if drivers aren't aware of others lines someone is at fault or both depending who was infront and whatnot drivers should be aware of others positions and lines and do what they can to avoid a mess. I believe the highly used in F1 term of causing an avoidable accident springs to mind, I don't know if the rating will be skewed by that or not, but ultimately a clean driver will be involved in less accidents then a dirty one, it is just inevitable.

There is a reason I don't race rallycross and such ranked though, to avoid dirty racing from people who don't want to race clean or simply don't have the skill to do so without causing trouble. I suggest hosting your own when you feel like playing that discipline and kicking people who are consistently causing issues on purpose, or if someone really is just a disaster for others :lol:.

Just wanted to announce that we now have "Competition" tags that you should select if you are going to make a new thread organizing some kind of race or meet up.

And, also, speaking of the dots next to your name, does anyone know what the silver hexagon is? Is that like the next level up from green?

Back