Questions and Answers

Just wanted to announce that we now have "Competition" tags that you should select if you are going to make a new thread organizing some kind of race or meet up.

And, also, speaking of the dots next to your name, does anyone know what the silver hexagon is? Is that like the next level up from green?

Yup, next level up, you get the trophy for it too. I have it.. and plan to keep it that way, it = a %20 Bonus!

Hexagon is host, green dot is regular player.

Dragonistic, I'm not scared anymore now, that impact rating (AND damage) is off in like every jam session room I've entered.
:lol:

Are you sure the hexagon is the host? I saw two guys with it in one game today ...

As I said, the Hexagon = the "Cautious" rating, and is required to get the "Honorable Driver" Trophy/Achievement.

It's beside my name (the hexagon) & I haven't hosted a game yet. The person with the Crown beside their name is the Host. Capisce? ;)

Antonisbob
As I said, the Hexagon = the "Cautious" rating, and is required to get the "Honorable Driver" Trophy/Achievement.

It's beside my name (the hexagon) & I haven't hosted a game yet. The person with the Crown beside their name is the Host. Capisce? ;)

Ding ding ding.

Oops, totally forgot about the crown....

When everyone hits "ready up", does that instantly start the game? If not, I don't see the point of it.

It just lets the host know that they're ready to play. Sometimes it can take games a while to get started, especially if you're just starting one up. A lot of people join games, and then leave as soon as they see that they can't race straight away. Ironically, the race would most likely have ended and they would be able to start in the time it would take them to quit out, find a new game and join it.

What I find strange is how people can join in between rounds. Is it just so they can play? Because they're clearly at a score disadvantage.

Is there anyway of putting rally cars onto rallycross circuits, I really want to put the Sierra RS500 round them.

I know we could mix and match disciplines and vehicles in Dirt2.

Gee-dub-ya
Is there anyway of putting rally cars onto rallycross circuits, I really want to put the Sierra RS500 round them.

I know we could mix and match disciplines and vehicles in Dirt2.

I think they are going to do this in some of the future DLCs.

I haven't quite looked into it, but are you able to turn off ghosts and those arrows that point at other players when playing online? I found those extremely distracting when trying to play Rally or Trailblazer.

The arrows and ghosts put pressure on you!!! :lol:

Get further ahead? :lol: Kidding of course, what's more distracting is you're slightly behind on a snow stage all the snow kicked up when people hit the sides shows on your screen to and is really blinding.

How does the vip code appear as i want to purchase one on main account and use it on a sub account, is it sent by email? I have a code for my GTP sub account and i need one for my son.

zippyuk
How does the vip code appear as i want to purchase one on main account and use it on a sub account, is it sent by email? I have a code for my GTP sub account and i need one for my son.

You buy it off the ps store on the dirt menu go to my dirt then go to dlc where it will ask you if you want to leave the game and go on the store, I believe it is around £5.

You buy it off the ps store on the dirt menu go to my dirt then go to dlc where it will ask you if you want to leave the game and go on the store, I believe it is around £5.

Thanks, i realise that, but you can only have one debit or cc card on main account from what i remember, might get a psn card then for my son.

zippyuk
Thanks, i realise that, but you can only have one debit or cc card on main account from what i remember, might get a psn card then for my son.

Yeah I've always got the network cards since they won't accept my debit card for some reason.

Most of the time when I enter VIP codes for other games they work on my other accounts.

This might be because it's on the same PS3, are we talking about 2 accounts on different PS3s (main and sub) or the same PS3. I'm not sure if it will make any difference at all, but if 2 are involved you could go onto the second PS3 sign into the accounted you put the VIP code in and go to your download list in the store and re-download the VIP pass.

I have several questions.

1. How do you race each other in online races?
More specifically, how can you actually race each other (where you can hit them) and not a "ghost" of your opponents?

2. Are there any unlockable game modes?
I can't seem to find Outbreak.

3. Are there any unlockable cars?

4. How long can your YouTube videos be?
It seems that I can't record videos longer than 1 minute.

Last edited:
1. How do you race each other in online races?
More specifically, how can you actually race each other (where you can hit them) and not a "ghost" of your opponents?
There are two ways you can do it:

1) Race in Landrush and Rallycross. These will always involve bashing into one another.
2) Go into Jam Session and either find or make a game that uses staggered starts.

I cannot, however, recommend either option. Players have the disturbing habit of bashing into anything that moves, particularly in Rallycross and Landrush. If you're not on the front row of the grid, you're pretty much screwed. And it's really not very fun.

2. Are there any unlockable game modes?
I can't seem to find Outbreak.
Outbreak can only be played online. Again, there are two ways of doing it:

1) Go into Pro Tour and check out Party Modes. These will cycle you through Transporter, Invasion, Outbreak and - if you're playing in teams - Cat 'n' Mouse.
2) Go into Jam Session and select Custom Game. Scroll through the discipline options until you find the one you want. Leave everything else set to "any", and the game will search for existing games that match the criteria you set.

I'd recommend you do the first option. Constantly playing one of the party games gets boring quickly. Especially if one person knows the Battersea Compound very well.

3. Are there any unlockable cars?
Not really. There are only liveries that can be unlocked. However, if you play the Dirt Tour in such a way that you always take the most-recently-available team to get the highest reputation bonuses, you may not encounter some cars that have always been available until very late in the game. For instance, Fidanza run a Peugeot 405 in the Classic Trailbalzer class. However, by the time you get to races that run these cars, you will have graduated from the Fidanza cars. I didn't even know there was a 405 in the game until I unlocked the DC Shoes Race Works team at lvl. 27 simply because I'd bypassed the other teams that ran the 405 until the final races.

So pretty much every car is availabe at the start of the game. You just need to know where to look. Although there are some special liveries (bronze RS200, silver Touraeg 2, gold PM580 and platinum Fiesta) that can only be unlocked online. Everything else will be DLC.

4. How long can your YouTube videos be?
It seems that I can't record videos longer than 1 minute.
The maximum length of videos was deliberately capped to keep down the time it would take to upload the video. If you want to make longer videos, you'll need to use a third-party recording program.

I ended up with this online
DiRT3010.png

What other proper liveries are out there?

Every car has at least one "original" livery, though you can only use them in single player and online. There is, for example, Carlos Sainz's 1992 Repsol livery for the Lancia Delta HF Integrale, or the Castrol livery for the Toyota Celica GT-FOUR and Kris Meeke's Peugeot UK livery for the Peugeot 207. Try heading into My Dirt and then the garage to view all the cars and liveries you have access to.

Regarding the racing with collisions, there is a solution in the form of hosting your own matches then you can simply kick those who don't wish to play ball after each round. Turn impact rating on so others will easier see these dirty drivers also and away you go, it's not a perfect solution but it worked ok on Dirt 2 particularly if you get some numbers who do race cleanly.

Yeah I was playing Rally with Collision On. I over took some guy and then he nicked me at a turn and then he dragged me down to 4th place :grumpy:

When you're viewing a room (if you're not hosting), go to View Settings, and find out if Collision is ON. It's either in that menu or the "Advanced Settings" within that menu.

Questions:

1. Where are other cars we saw in trailers (e.g. Skoda S2000, Peugot and Fiat are good but why omit the IRC champions)

2. Why there is no set-up for cars in online races, default set-up doesn't always suit my needs

novcze
Questions:

1. Where are other cars we saw in trailers (e.g. Skoda S2000, Peugot and Fiat are good but why omit the IRC champions)

2. Why there is no set-up for cars in online races, default set-up doesn't always suit my needs

Answers:
1. The skoda and fiat are in the s2000 class of rally and the Peugeot is in the rallycross class.

2. To be honest I can't ask this, I know you can have your assist settings but not performance settings.

Back