Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
When you get to my mum's stage you can worry.

She forgot her own age once.
She won't forget me. :cheers:

Turns out we're drinking again now & I'm hearing more stories. Apparently if it wasn't me I would have been turned away instantly but the landlord loves me so much that I was allowed to make him & his girlfriend laugh at me till I decided to go of my own accord. Not bad for a town I spend just 2 weeks a year in. :embarrassed:

Edit: Some Chuck Berry on the jukebox with some naked dancing & apparently Thursday lock-ins are the best hangover cure after Wednesday sessions.

Last edited:
Nope.

A member who plays an active role on the site, having a generally positive impact and a demonstrable understanding of the site's ethos and direction (like... no warnings, or at least none recently) is a good reason/motivation for a moderatorship.

Or a huge bribe.
1 point for kikie.

Active role? Sometimes

Positive impact? Me? Uuuhhh. :ouch:

Demonstrable understanding .... Yes, did this numerous times. Last time, just one example, I warned Jordan that someone created a thread to advertise his product without asking @Jordan. Have done this more in the past. This is just one very small part of the understanding part. :D

Ethos? Isn't he one of the Musketeers? :P

One day, I'll be a moderator. Of what, I have no idea but I will be one. Mark my words. :gtpflag:

/joke

TB
If it is, what am I doing here?!?
Proving that this is not a good reason.

Have there been many members whom turned down the moderatorship?

Last edited:
I sort of feel that if you ask about being a moderator, you actually violate one of the reasons one would be chosen to be a moderator.

So how many current staff were on the team and still are to this day when this whole "I should me admin" thing took place, if there even is any other than Jordan and Famine?

Just like politics, really.

*whistles*
And that shows the difference between America and Europe at least.

In America you hate career politicians as they look like they are after power, here we like them because 'they know what they are doing'.

Look at Cameron, PPE at Oxford was what he studied.

In America you hate career politicians as they look like they are after power, here we like them because 'they know what they are doing'.

This statement is not representative of all European members.

So how many current staff were on the team and still are to this day when this whole "I should me admin" thing took place, if there even is any other than Jordan and Famine?
I'm actually a rather recent appointment by some standards, so probably quite a few.

I believe I was, but that was so long ago I don't actually remember when I became a moderator.

Can moderators appoint a member as his deputy without having to ask permission from @Jordan ?
mXuPwyxWaT6hPoPnfW.gif

Back