Questions from a newbie

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 12 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
Ok, I'm far from a newbie with GT3, but I do not have GTC as of yet, and I am planning on getting a Magic 3 mod chip for my Version 7 PS2. What I would like to know is:

1) Can you do modifications to the cars like in GT3, like adding turbos, etc...

2) If not above, can you make hyrbrids of GTC cars and add turbos and weight reductions, etc...

3) Can you hybrid out cars that were in GT3 and race them in GTC?

4) How hard is putting in a Magic 3 mod chip in a PS2.

5) What is the newest title of GTC out (ie Geneva, etc...) and does that newest version have all cars from the previous Concept games, or just certain new cars?

Thanks.

I know da answers to #1: No you can't do mods like those in GT3, it's just like the arcade mode in GT3.
and #2: I don't know if one can hybrid a GT3 car in GTC (one could probably do it) but I know that by using a game shark (or sumthin like it) one can unlock da cars that were in GT3 wit codes.

r.gif

Originally posted by Majarvis
Ok thanks, so then there obviously would be no way to add a turbo even in MKS, oh well.

No, infact he is incorrect you can adjust the basic setup of the car. But to tune it you can use MK's and you can create hybrids in the same way as you would with the X-Port/Sharkport in GT3. If you are getting the Japanese version you can even put the Diablo in the game and run it around Autumn ring. There are also several new cars that are locked out of GTC, allot of Euro cars peugeots, fiats and alfa romeos. There is even a hidden 350Z race car (Razo) and another version of NSX and special Mini LM car. :D

Run this save through MK's
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=422051
Just select GTC 2002 in the menu before you load it and have a look. :D

Ok Race Idiot.

Now I really have to say something about this.
You always spell Alpha Romeo :odd: as it really is Alfa Romeo.

That's all. Remember it now, ok? ;)

Cool, nice list of cars!

Can someone tell me if you buy cars in GTC or do you just win them? And can you do settings changes, like ride height, etc, or is it fixed?

Given that I'm currently at work, no! :lol:

From memory, it's basically some suspension stuff (ride height, springs and dampers, camber), tyres, final drive and downforce. That's really about it - you can't buy mods for the cars.

Great thanks!, that's all I needed to know.

Also, do you know if this is the last GTC that's going to be released or is one coming out soon that I should wait for if I get a chip? Like a GTC 2003 something or other.

Latest Posts

Back