R/C car thread!

Should probably post a shot of mine. It doesn't have the truck size air filter fitted at the moment (because it's an integral part of my DT major work), but I have got around to regluing the HPI drift wheels and some drift tyres.

Sounds nice, the lighting kits look great. Very bright, even in the day time.

DSC00159.jpg

Yup I noticed the lights in one of the other pics... I had a light kit on my original body, but Im going to buy some more leds so this time I have all the lights :) One thing I dislike though is that the Tamiya bodies seem more fragile than the HPI bodies... but then again the HPI bodies are too wide for my Tamiya chassis... TOO MANY CHOICES... :P I just need to get better :lol: I'll post some pics when I get around to preparing the new body... 👍

Kyosho bodies are for 200mm 1/10 scale (instead of the 190mm) and although I'm not sure if they seel aftermarket shells, they are amazing quality IMO.

Try Yokomo...they do some great looking stuff 👍.

Your crashing too much. :sly:

👍

Well, judging from my GT5:P track skills... I would have to say yes.. youre right... :sly::sly:

Kyosho bodies are for 200mm 1/10 scale (instead of the 190mm) and although I'm not sure if they seel aftermarket shells, they are amazing quality IMO.

Try Yokomo...they do some great looking stuff 👍.

Yokomo is nice I agree... I had looked into to getting on of those kits first but the price put me off, not sure how much their bodies cost... Kyosho I am not too familiar with... I'll have a look..

Last edited:
Heres my 3 toys :D will post more pictures sometime

Attachments

• SP_A0017.jpg
    SP_A0017.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 32
  • SP_A0020.jpg
    SP_A0020.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SP_A0022.jpg
    SP_A0022.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That is what I keep telling the missus, I softened the blow with the latest RC purchase, and bought her some curtains.
;)

lmao!!!
where do you guys drive these things? My father had one, I drove it once on the road and it was way to damn fast I hit a curb and it broke... daddy was pissed lol! a few years later (now) I havnt ownd one sense, toy ones are stupid, and idk what to do with these things!

lmao!!!
where do you guys drive these things? My father had one, I drove it once on the road and it was way to damn fast I hit a curb and it broke... daddy was pissed lol! a few years later (now) I havnt ownd one sense, toy ones are stupid, and idk what to do with these things!

I drive them anywhere and everywhere. Raods, beaches, parks, tracks. theres no place i dont go :D the small ones an issue though. Like it was mentioned im limited because of its speed.

Off Topic! Does anybody here fly rc airplanes? I can't find a thread on it, and i have just started up again . But this time with electric instead of gas or glow power.

I have a HPI nitro RS4 1, the original model. It even has the original tires on it and still runs great and storng (used airplane fuel for more oil). I also have some airplanes and a blade MCX heli.

I have a HPI nitro RS4 1, the original model. It even has the original tires on it and still runs great and storng (used airplane fuel for more oil). I also have some airplanes and a blade MCX heli.

At this time just going to go slow! And just stay with electric airplanes. Thought about starting with, the Wild Hawk motorized glider. Because it is cheap, and i know i'm going to crash alot. But what i would really like, is a scale P51- D Mustang!!! But only after i relearn how to fly, with out crashing every other minute or so!

I got a HPI RACER 2 (OLD SKOOL LOL):cool:,
A HPI SAVAGE WITH A NOVAROSSI 28:mad:,
AND MY LATEST PURCHASE, AN XRAY T2 009:drool:, WITH LOSI XCELORIN BRUSHLESS SETUP, WHICH HAS FAILED ON ME:banghead:

2 cool vids you should see

Last edited:
Well, I'm happy to see so many drifters here. I figured everyone would have a boring ole' crawler. :P

Anyway, here is my drifter:
lg-182782.jpg

It's a older HPI 1998 Impreza WRC body on my TA05.

Holy crap...where did you find that Audi?!? I also spy red plastic... TA01/2?

I used to have that car lol, not the most reliable, but hell of a lot cheaper to replace parts than my Xray.

Ok - so I have finished my Yr12 Major Design Project - which is all about making an R/C car body with interchangeable body kits. With more time, I would have liked to make another main body to prove that the kit is interchangeable with other body shapes - and it still it because the mounting points would be where the main wooden platform is, and adding a different shape over the top of that wouldn't affect the mounting points.

Anyways - here are some quick shots I took of one of the kits fitted to the main body.

You may notice the squared pattern on the main body - long story short, the main car was shaped out of polyfilla coated expanda foam with cardboard struts running throughout. Since the school's vac-former was too small, I out sourced it and...well, bigger vac-formers also mean bigger vacuums and it sucked the car.

P1020440.jpg

P1020441.jpg

P1020442.jpg

P1020443.jpg

This is a spare body kit.
P1020444.jpg

It looks less rough in the flesh - the flash isn't the best thing to bring it out, but I was in a hurry.

The more feedback the merrier - so it'd be great if you guys told me your thoughts on the design idea, how it looks etc.

What do you think of it? 👍

PS. The car for those who are interested is a Kyosho FW-05T+, seen fitted with deep dish wheels and drift tires.

Wow! You made that body yourself? That's pretty cool. I like that interchangeable body kit idea.

I don't have a car but here is my 2.5 T-Maxx. It has a RL Racing Pipe, Aftermarket Skid Plate, HPI Wheels & Tires, and a HPI Savage '70 El Camino SS Body
T-Maxx3.jpg

T-Maxx-1.jpg

T-Maxx2.jpg

Hmm, here is a pic of the RS4, now with a Zonda F body that I kinda messed up, but is still somewhat presentable. Might give the Zonda F body another try, since this one was essentially practice... lol

IMG_1884s.jpg

R/C RACING SAT., JUNE 19 - WINFIELD, IL

R/C racing in Winfield continues in 2010. There will be another fundraising R/C race at the Winfield Community United Methodist Church in Winfield, IL. The address is 0S347 Jefferson St. in Winfield, IL. All money raised will go to the church. The race will be held in the church parking lot on Sat., June 19. Racing is open to all drivers. This race will be open to electric cars only. The cost will be $10.00 for each driver for any number of classes. Electricity and washrooms will be available. There’s a McDonalds and Burger King close by. The track will open for practice at 9:30 AM and racing will begin at 11:00. We will be using AMBrc lap counting and transponders will be available to use. Drivers can use personal transponders. The classes we will run will be stock touring, GT3, Slash, Off road, 1/16/1/18 scale, and any others as long as we have at least three cars for a class. We can also combine classes. We run 6 minute heats and mains.The church is trying this as part of their outreach programs. There may be no drivers stand. You may want to bring something to stand on if you need it. There will be a door prize drawing for the drivers at no charge. Everyone had a very good time last year.
This great place for new drivers to get started and for racers looking to have fun!

Directions: Take Rt. 38/ Roosevelt road to County Farm Rd and turn north. There’s a MacDonald’s at that intersection. Go north to Manchester Rd. and turn left or west on Manchester. Take Manchester to Jefferson St. and turn right or north and go about a block and you’ll see the church on the right side.

Take Rt. 64/North Ave. to County Farm Rd. and turn south. There’s a Honda motorcycle dealer at the intersection. Take County Farm Rd. to Manchester Rd. Turn right or west on to Manchester Rd. Take Manchester to Jefferson and turn right on Jefferson. Go about a block and you’ll see the church on the right.

Because of the different address, map quest and other driving direction programs may not work.

JULY RACES - JULY17 & JULY 31

R/C RACING SAT., JULY 17 & 31 - WINFIELD, IL

R/C racing in Winfield continues in 2010. There will be more fundraising R/C races at the Winfield Community United Methodist Church in Winfield, IL. The address is 0S347 Jefferson St. in Winfield, IL. All money raised will go to the church. The race will be held in the church parking lot on Sat., July 17 & 31. Racing is open to all drivers. This race will be open to electric cars only. The cost will be $10.00 for each driver for any number of classes. Electricity and washrooms will be available. There’s a McDonalds and Burger King close by. The track will open for practice at 9:30 AM and racing will begin at 11:00. We will be using AMBrc lap counting and transponders will be available to use. Drivers can use personal transponders. The classes we will run will be stock touring, GT3, Slash, Off road, 1/16/1/18 scale, Tamiya Mini and any others as long as we have at least three cars for a class. We can also combine classes. We run 6 minute heats and mains.The church is trying this as part of their outreach programs. There may be no drivers stand. You may want to bring something to stand on if you need it. There will be a door prize drawing for the drivers at no charge. Everyone had a very good time last year.
This great place for new drivers to get started and for racers looking to have fun!

Directions: Take Rt. 38/ Roosevelt road to County Farm Rd and turn north. There’s a MacDonald’s at that intersection. Go north to Manchester Rd. and turn left or west on Manchester. Take Manchester to Jefferson St. and turn right or north and go about a block and you’ll see the church on the right side.

Take Rt. 64/North Ave. to County Farm Rd. and turn south. There’s a Honda motorcycle dealer at the intersection. Take County Farm Rd. to Manchester Rd. Turn right or west on to Manchester Rd. Take Manchester to Jefferson and turn right on Jefferson. Go about a block and you’ll see the church on the right.

Because of the different address, map quest and other driving direction programs may not work.

Well, I'm happy to see so many drifters here. I figured everyone would have a boring ole' crawler. :P

Anyway, here is my drifter:
DSCF0053.jpg

Nice!!! :) I like!

@ 808 2C2

That kit idea is pretty cool... worked out pretty nice 👍

@ Venom

Nice Zonda!! Very clean :)

We'll have some free brushed motors for our younger drivers when they register. Mark Davis generously donated these motors at the Winfield, IL races.

Back