R/C car thread!

Where did you get your LED kit at? I've been looking for one but can't really find one that I like.

That 350Z looks great, I love the wheels. This Lotus Elise is my latest body (one color wonder, the stripes are decals! lol). I'm also gonna paint up a Protoform Mazda 6 this weekend for racing.

1045550984_d354c96822.jpg

Where did you get your LED kit at? I've been looking for one but can't really find one that I like.
It's the Tamiya TLU-01 Kit. Found mine on ebay(comes with 2 whites and 2 reds). I bought the additional lights from the Tower Hobbies website.

That 350Z looks great, I love the wheels. This Lotus Elise is my latest body (one color wonder, the stripes are decals! lol). I'm also gonna paint up a Protoform Mazda 6 this weekend for racing.
Thanks. I like that color green on your Lotus.

I'm currently looking for the Tamiya Nissan GTR R35 body. Does anyone know where I can find one. (IN STOCK)
Please PM me if anyone can point me in the right direction.
-Thanks

I'm currently looking for the Tamiya Nissan GTR R35 body. Does anyone know where I can find one. (IN STOCK)
Please PM me if anyone can point me in the right direction.
-Thanks

Three posts in under 5 minutes? Use the edit button next time.

A kit with the body has been released but you have to buy a new TT-01E kit just to get the body. They haven't started selling the body by itself.

Looking at the features of the TT-01E makes me want to get one...

I got a micro desert truck, with the e-clip eliminators. and a HEAVILY modded nitro rustler

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

lots of mods

here we go.
aluminum: shockctowers, bulkheads, castor blocks, steering blocks, bearing carriers, top plate, skid plate, and u-joint retainers, big bore shocks.

RPM a-arms, custom rear spool, rechargeable Rx pack, mud thrasher tires, and now I dyed the same front wheels black, and put on GRP racing tires. steel stub axles, steel output yokes, custom machined trans case ram air intake, big bore shocks, dual chamber pipe

Last edited:
I dug out my old Terra Crusher last week, and spent about four hours last night doing repair and reassembly. I plugged the starter pack in, and turned it over a few times... Seems to be rotating freely. I was half-expecting it to be ceased after almost four years in storage.

I've got the batteries for the starter pack and the servo box charging, and I'll put some nitro in the tank this afternoon. It's probably lost it's potency, but worth a try. I might make a trip down to the hobby shop to get some fresh nitro... I've got about a half litre here in a sealed canister. I imagine that the rest of my gallon has been thrown out long ago.

Pics might come.

(Edit - It Lives!!!)

Last edited:
Welcome to the ownership of R/C vehicles. Mines always broken but that's half the fun.

Traxxas T-Maxx

-RPM A-arms
-RPM Rear Shock Tower/Body Mounts
-Traxxas Resonator Pipe (chrome)
-Motor Saver Single/Dual Stage Air Filter
-70T spur gear

Planed upgrades:
-Vantage Tuned pipe (Carbon fiber)or a Buku Pipe...
-Cooling Head
-Big Bore Shock Kit
-Wheelie Bar
-Steering servo 200 ft. oz
I haven't clocked in the speed yet, but I bet it's in the 40-53mph range....

I outran a couple of Revo's with O.S. 18 TM's... so it gets off the line fairly well.

Last edited:
I have 2: a Ford Focus rally car (battery powered) and a Subaru Impreza rally car (also battery powered). Haven't used them in ages though. It seems that all of the R/C cars I recieve, break. Very quickly, despite the fact I am very careful with them.

i just own a stupid little tyco Corvette, HOWEVER when i get the money im gonna get into the good RC. like a traxxis or something, ideally i would like to get a Car, make it fast, (I really just wanna do on road stuff) and make a Lamborghini Diablo GT. they make the body i know that, OR i would like to make an 86 Fiero GT and model it after my daily driver.

I'm sure you guys will find this interesting. I was doing a search on Drag Racing for something, I found out the fastest speed for a R/C car was about 140mph by a Rocket r/c car. Any of you know anything about that?

I am driving R/C at high level in sweden. GT is just my lifetime hobby ^^ Check out my site in the signature 2! There is more about my cars. :D

I've owned RC cars for a long time now..

I have a drifter, which is a TT-01, with a few mods.

My other car is a NTC3+, nitro, and damn fast! There aren't many places local that I can use it though.

I haven't used them this year, as I've been too busy mountain biking!

I've never used a 'real' RC car, and I've got a question. I'm looking at an ad in the latest Motor Trend, and there's one that can hit "70+ mph" and go from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. That's proportional speed, right? About how fast would 70 RC-mph be in actual miles per hour?

I've never used a 'real' RC car, and I've got a question. I'm looking at an ad in the latest Motor Trend, and there's one that can hit "70+ mph" and go from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. That's proportional speed, right? About how fast would 70 RC-mph be in actual miles per hour?

I don't think that is proportional speed. Mine does 0-50mph in about 3-4 seconds, and does 60+, if there is enough room! That isnt proportional speed, it is actual speed.

Therefore a 70mph rc car is actually 70mph! I found it hard to find a place to run a car like that.. Car parks aren't big enough or smooth enough, you really need a proper RC track.

I'm sure you guys will find this interesting. I was doing a search on Drag Racing for something, I found out the fastest speed for a R/C car was about 140mph by a Rocket r/c car. Any of you know anything about that?

actually the record has been recently broken by an electric R/C car. it goes 161.76mph!

its the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

scale speed would be 700 mph. its a 1/10 scale car, and goes 70 real mph.

I got a Kyosho FW 05T and I got a spare set of drift tires and rims. I put a truck size air filter on it. It said it's only suitable for engines .21 to .36 - or which has a 12mm carb.
I run a .15 engine - but it has a 12mm carb - so I can fit it....it looks so out of place.

I have a tt-01d for drifting with the Silvia body (waits for warmer weather for paint) and besides the basic hopups for the drifting modal i have yet to get into it. Maybe when i get around to it i will post some pictures/video

On a side note I haven't installed the light kit (came with it) was one of you looking for a light kit? As I am thinking i have little to no use with it going to eat up battery and add weight.Current mph is only 30+ but hey its for drifting it works.

Anyone have or know about these modals? i would love to hear what you guys have done to your drifters...

I have a tt-01d for drifting with the Silvia body (waits for warmer weather for paint) and besides the basic hopups for the drifting modal i have yet to get into it. Maybe when i get around to it i will post some pictures/video

On a side note I haven't installed the light kit (came with it) was one of you looking for a light kit? As I am thinking i have little to no use with it going to eat up battery and add weight.Current mph is only 30+ but hey its for drifting it works.

Anyone have or know about these modals? i would love to hear what you guys have done to your drifters...

I have a TT-01D Expert Build pack as well... had a yellow RX7 body on it with light kit, but totally demolished it because I didnt know how to drive it in the beginning... Now it has an HPI RX7 body which is a little bit on the wide side, but fits and is WAY more rugged than a Tamiya body I might add... I have a new lightweight drive shaft, a set of new Tamiya shocks, a carbon stiffener bar and the anti roll bar set (The carbon stiffener and anti roll bars HELP A GREAT DEAL!).... I've cambered the front and back and gave it a bit of toe out.... for the rest Im still not a star at drifting, its pretty hard to get it right :) but a lot of fun... The weather is getting better here now so I think I'll be outside again soon drifting on the bike paths driving people crazy :lol: Next on the list is a new faster motor and new steering arms.... 👍 Heres a couple of pics of when I first got it, when I finished the HPI body and a pic of the chassis before I had the new shocks and driveshaft on it, I also have a different roll bar setup now, blue ones were to stiff... dont have any recent pics :)

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

Last edited:
How did you get that antenna wire up that pipe for it? I cant seem to slide mine into it. Is there a trick to it?

Other then that i still need to wrap the wires and tuck them awhile neatly. nice job with yours btw.

How did you get that antenna wire up that pipe for it? I cant seem to slide mine into it. Is there a trick to it?

Other then that i still need to wrap the wires and tuck them awhile neatly. nice job with yours btw.

Hey man, The antenna can be tricky... I just straightened the wire out as much as I could and threaded into the tube... was a bit painstaking, but the key is to go slowly and try not the let the wire bunch up where youre trying to push the wire in...

I must add though that I bought one that was ready made... thats why I mentioned Expert Build... I didnt have time to put it all together... But I did put all the mods on myself.... so I did cheat a bit :P

Anyway let me know how it goes man... getting it to drift properly is not easy :) Im not great at it yet myself still perfecting...

Back