R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if there's a slot free, i'll just slide into your DM's like a boss

giphy.gif

Minimum 10+ sec/lap is my best :( . Spa is a total mystery to me :( .

You gonna be around tonight? I’d happily jump into a lobby with you to work on it. :)

Same here @Kuraudo. If you see me online, feel free to give me a shout. I'm not quite as quick as @Pigems. But, I'm not far off. If I'm not practicing for something, I'm perfectly happy to spend an hour or so passing on a few pointers.

Last edited:

Attachments

• SLR.svg
    6.9 KB · Views: 15
@Bivittavus88 , @Mistah_MCA

I have a svg question. So I needed this decal for a livery I'm working on and decided to give Illustrator another try. I downloaded the image below and used auto trace to make the resulting svg file. When I tried to import the decal in the decal uploader for GTS, it's saying invalid file type. I set it to only trace the black. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks.

View attachment 867054
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/atta...5/?temp_hash=5dfc0e30e5da94f0f3bc9d410fcc0368

I'm not sure, to be honest. It's showing as a .svg file. So it should be fine. If Mistah hasn't figured it out by the time I get home, I'll fire up the laptop and have another look.

I'm not sure, to be honest. It's showing as a .svg file. So it should be fine. If Mistah hasn't figured it out by the time I get home, I'll fire up the laptop and have another look.

Thanks. Yeah I've noticed the image isn't showing on the svg here. I can view it in Illustrator fine though. Maybe it's just some setting is wrong, IDK.

I have a svg question. So I needed this decal for a livery I'm working on and decided to give Illustrator another try. I downloaded the image below and used auto trace to make the resulting svg file. When I tried to import the decal in the decal uploader for GTS, it's saying invalid file type. I set it to only trace the black. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks.

View attachment 867054
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/atta...5/?temp_hash=5dfc0e30e5da94f0f3bc9d410fcc0368
Save it as .svg, and then there is this option where it mentions something about Style Elements. Change that to Presentation Attrobutes, and then upload it to GTSport servers.

Was doing Friday night races with Pigems & had the same experience as your room. We all suspect my wifi was not playing nice with the server. Still can't figure out how there are no major problems with daily races but friend rooms go nuts. I'm plugged in, so maybe we can verify that I will have a better chance to race from here out.

Save it as .svg, and then there is this option where it mentions something about Style Elements. Change that to Presentation Attrobutes, and then upload it to GTSport servers.

I did what you said and it's still not working. Are there any other boxes I should check or leave unchecked? I have tried tracing the image multiple times and each time I save as .svg, but when I try to upload it I can't see the logo on the file. And I get invalid file type each time. Is there maybe a step I'm missing between tracing and saving? I saw in one of the tutorials it said to go to Object > Expand to change it to a vector image, is this correct? I tried that also with the same result. This is really frustrating because it's seemed like it should be a simple task.

I did what you said and it's still not working. Are there any other boxes I should check or leave unchecked? I have tried tracing the image multiple times and each time I save as .svg, but when I try to upload it I can't see the logo on the file. And I get invalid file type each time. Is there maybe a step I'm missing between tracing and saving? I saw in one of the tutorials it said to go to Object > Expand to change it to a vector image, is this correct? I tried that also with the same result. This is really frustrating because it's seemed like it should be a simple task.

I have no idea about your software or what's involved, but I took your svg, put all the objects into a layer, saved it, and was able to upload it just fine. It has grown a bit..it's a 10k file. Did you want me to share it?

View attachment 867054

i've just used illustrator on your image and i think i've created it ok. I used to churn these out by the dozen on a daily basis and then after a year or so of doing none i've now lost my touch and can't remember the way i used to do it.
Have you clicked 'save as..' and then choose SVG file? This will give you a dropdown choice of the type of SVG file.. so it must be 1.1 version.

It's worked for me anyway and i've uploaded it ok.. but i'm at work at the minute so can't share it until i get home later. See how you get on in the meantime.

@Bivittavus88 sorry mate, I was told this morning that I've got to work on Saturday until 9pm GMT (6pm where I am) A pain in the arse!!

I've spent a long time creating my livery (and new decals) too! :(

76181270_511925276069645_5632084224057016320_n.jpg

75380297_853419728405832_178285565630742528_n.jpg

75291721_1166906313501915_8848085637140578304_n.jpg

Sorry again that I can't make it on Saturday, It's a really fun car to drive, hitting 2:13s in practice, I hope that's a slow time to reduce my disappointment!

Good luck to you all on Saturday! 👍

Possibly because the daily servers are closer to you?

Either way, yes. We can definitely check. Can have a look tomorrow, if you like?

I'll make it a point to be on tonight. Woke up stupid early this morning & crashed my DR back down a notch. It's what I get for going 2 days without GTS. :lol:

Still in. It'll be 2 in the afternoon my time.

Back