R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Test was interesting. As expected, I'm far from the fastest on the grid. But, with a bit more track time, I should be able to get into the high 2:15s on a hot lap. Best lap tonight was 16.318 with an almost full tank.

This should be fun, I'll have to buy the car, as have never driven it before....I'll try and test a little before next weekend! ;)

It's an interesting car to drive, mate.

Crap, I just re made my livery for this car and then realized the new number I was gonna change to is already taken, I knew I should have checked first. :lol:

@Chevy Heavy Need a livery for this race? :D
3533B68A-DE73-47BF-BE9A-C0AF56144F00.png

4ABF254B-E4EF-4A9B-A347-E3E7DA875EF8.png

Last edited:
After 20 laps a 2:19.xxx was the best I could manage, and I don't see spending any more time is going to bring that down. So it's looking like a 1 stopper. Not sure if the tyres hold up for 90 mins, but after 20 laps there didn't seem to be much wear.

After 20 laps a 2:19.xxx was the best I could manage, and I don't see spending any more time is going to bring that down. So it's looking like a 1 stopper. Not sure if the tyres hold up for 90 mins, but after 20 laps there didn't seem to be much wear.

I think I remember doing a 25 lap custom offline race & the tires were still mostly good with just a little wear.

Unless you have those back to front, 90 mins = 5400s. 1 lap for me = approx 141s. Just over 38 laps and I'm getting 20 laps out of a tank. What's wrong with this picture?

We're staring on 75% of a tank, and have a formation lap. Formation lap shouldn't take much though, as it'll be at approx 100k, and fuel map 6, in 7th gear.

We're staring on 75% of a tank, and have a formation lap. Formation lap shouldn't take much though, as it'll be at approx 100k, and fuel map 6, in 7th gear.

So a full tank is 100L? I couldn't find anywhere in the stats that indicated fuel capacity of the tank. And we have to faf around with fuel mapping at the start?

And those of us at the back look at the time gap to the leader on the race stats on the left side of the screen? When the gap to leader suddenly increases after the specified point, it's go time?

Last edited:
As far as tires, they can last 60 minutes no problem. Honestly 90 might even be possible but here's the deal. While you may be able to stay consistent with your lap times they get more likely to slip from under you at any given moment. You have to be more gentle with your inputs but if you are then your times will stay within 1 second of your best laps. Seriously. It's about not messing up. The kerbs are scary on the exits. Avoid any green sections like the plague.

So a full tank is 100L? I couldn't find anywhere in the stats that indicated fuel capacity of the tank. And we have to faf around with fuel mapping at the start?

And those of us at the back look at the time gap to the leader on the race stats on the left side of the screen? When the gap to leader suddenly increases after the specified point, it's go time?

Well, you don't HAVE to faf with mapping at the start. You could run a more powerful setting, and undercut in fuel.

I'm not too sure how the manual rolling start is going to work, mate. I've never done one before. I'm guessing it'll be a case of keeping an eye a few cars ahead, and gunning it when they do.

It'll eliminate any rolling start glitches like the one that took @NoStopN out of my Catalunya event. @Sven Jurgens has a ridiculous video of the start of one of Mistah's races, too.

The kerbs are scary on the exits. Avoid any green sections like the plague.

I learned this the hard way, last night.

I'm not too sure how the manual rolling start is going to work, mate. I've never done one before. I'm guessing it'll be a case of keeping an eye a few cars ahead, and gunning it when they do.

Butbutbut...... the person who gets to T1 first on the first lap, right at the beginning, wins!!!!!!!!!!! The other 89mins are just going through the motions :embarrassed:.

It'll eliminate any rolling start glitches like the one that took @NoStopN out of my Catalunya event. @Sven Jurgens has a ridiculous video of the start of one of Mistah's races, too.

Erm... I don't need video... I was there for both :lol:. I spent 10 mins in a loop of slamming into a wall *hoping* it would somehow magically sort itself out :crazy:.

Butbutbut...... the person who gets to T1 first on the first lap, right at the beginning, wins!!!!!!!!!!! The other 89mins are just going through the motions :embarrassed:.

Erm... I don't need video... I was there for both :lol:. I spent 10 mins in a loop of slamming into a wall *hoping* it would somehow magically sort itself out :crazy:.

Pfft. I think you'll find it whoever punts hardest at T1 wins.

Yeah, we don't need that happening again :lol:

@Chevy Heavy Need a livery for this race? :D

Very nice livery, I was a huge Intimidator fan. If I hadn't already spent too much time making my livery, I would take you up on that offer. Why not just change it to #8 for Dale Jr. sorta like a tribute to his dad? BTW here is my Dale Sr. tribute car, the Goodwrench Vantage. I had to buy the car in factory black because we didn't have true black in the livery editor at that time.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180615051303.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180615051420.jpg

Fuel will dictate at least 2 stops, mate.

No I believe @Mistah_MCA will dictate 2 stops, as he did at Cataluna. :lol:

As far as tires, they can last 60 minutes no problem. Honestly 90 might even be possible but here's the deal. While you may be able to stay consistent with your lap times they get more likely to slip from under you at any given moment. You have to be more gentle with your inputs but if you are then your times will stay within 1 second of your best laps. Seriously. It's about not messing up. The kerbs are scary on the exits. Avoid any green sections like the plague.

I agree with this from my limited testing. I've only run a 10 lap custom and I had just over 1/2 tank left. My best lap was the last at a 18.4. Some of that I'm sure could be attributed to the lighter fuel load. Once I get some more time in the car I should be able to bring that time down. But I noticed it was starting to slip a little more if you use too much curb. I'm thinking it might be safer to change the tire at some point if you 2 stop and just run harder. What is a good rpm range to shift in this car? I think I was changing around 75-85%. I'm sure @Sven Jurgens will share his knowledge soon enough.

Very nice livery, I was a huge Intimidator fan. If I hadn't already spent too much time making my livery, I would take you up on that offer. Why not just change it to #8 for Dale Jr. sorta like a tribute to his dad? BTW here is my Dale Sr. tribute car, the Goodwrench Vantage. I had to buy the car in factory black because we didn't have true black in the livery editor at that time.

View attachment 866150

View attachment 866151

No I believe @Mistah_MCA will dictate 2 stops, as he did at Cataluna. :lol:

I agree with this from my limited testing. I've only run a 10 lap custom and I had just over 1/2 tank left. My best lap was the last at a 18.4. Some of that I'm sure could be attributed to the lighter fuel load. Once I get some more time in the car I should be able to bring that time down. But I noticed it was starting to slip a little more if you use too much curb. I'm thinking it might be safer to change the tire at some point if you 2 stop and just run harder. What is a good rpm range to shift in this car? I think I was changing around 75-85%. I'm sure @Sven Jurgens will share his knowledge soon enough.
That, I cannot confirm nor deny, as I haven't practiced this race yet.

BTW here is my Dale Sr. tribute car, the Goodwrench Vantage. I had to buy the car in factory black because we didn't have true black in the livery editor at that time.

View attachment 866150

Nice! I like it, black and unclutterd. The ghosted lettering on the wing and bonnet (hood) are a nice touch. I take it you now have a true black purchased from mileage points?. It's a shame they won't give us the option of using those colours for the decals too.

Nice! I like it, black and unclutterd. The ghosted lettering on the wing and bonnet (hood) are a nice touch. I take it you now have a true black purchased from mileage points?. It's a shame they won't give us the option of using those colours for the decals too.

I agree! You can’t patch out pieces of decals when you’ve used a colour from the ME because decals can’t be the same colour.

I agree! You can’t patch out pieces of decals when you’ve used a colour from the ME because decals can’t be the same colour.

Depending on what the colour is, sometimes you can screen cap the car, import the image into a vector editor, create a simple shape and fill it with a colour picked from the imported image to create say a rectangular solid colour svg to upload for patching.

Depending on what the colour is, sometimes you can screen cap the car, import the image into a vector editor, create a simple shape and fill it with a colour picked from the imported image to create say a rectangular solid colour svg to upload for patching.

That’s a really good idea! I would have never thought of that. Thanks!! :cheers:

With x1 tire wear x1 fuel I did 26 laps last night without stopping.
Z5PQ7iU.jpg

It's not the fastest strategy as I can easily race 2:18's going full speed and had 2:17.6 or so in qualifying.

This race will be 1.5x as long, starting with 75% fuel. One pit stop, 175% fuel, with my extreme saving could get me 45 laps. A little less saving for consistent high 2:19 laps to do 90 minutes with 175% fuel, 38 or 39 laps in 90 minutes. Pit in lap 18.

Or 2 pit stops, doing 2:18 laps, 39 laps in 90 minutes. Pit in 12 and 25 for example.

It all depends on how close you can get your lap times to your full speed lap times. 1 sec per lap slower, 39 sec over the race. Since you already have to do one pit stop anyway, it really isn't worth it. A pit stop doesn't take 39 seconds. It's better to change tires once as well. My tire wear was pretty good after 26 laps, but if you push harder and do another 13 laps, tires will start to slow you down.

With x1 tire wear x1 fuel I did 26 laps last night without stopping.
Z5PQ7iU.jpg

It's not the fastest strategy as I can easily race 2:18's going full speed and had 2:17.6 or so in qualifying.

This race will be 1.5x as long, starting with 75% fuel. One pit stop, 175% fuel, with my extreme saving could get me 45 laps. A little less saving for consistent high 2:19 laps to do 90 minutes with 175% fuel, 38 or 39 laps in 90 minutes. Pit in lap 18.

Or 2 pit stops, doing 2:18 laps, 39 laps in 90 minutes. Pit in 12 and 25 for example.

It all depends on how close you can get your lap times to your full speed lap times. 1 sec per lap slower, 39 sec over the race. Since you already have to do one pit stop anyway, it really isn't worth it. A pit stop doesn't take 39 seconds. It's better to change tires once as well. My tire wear was pretty good after 26 laps, but if you push harder and do another 13 laps, tires will start to slow you down.

Good info to have.

I need to run a stint length session tomorrow, or Tuesday. Tonight will be spent improving the awful quali time at Autopolis on my main account.

Edit. We'll probably use a tiny bit more fuel than in the race you did. Unless they're running 102% power, as well.

That, I cannot confirm nor deny, as I haven't practiced this race yet.

Operation "Beat Mistah" is a go!!

Last edited:

I have had the same glitches every time I've tried to run in @Pigems room on Friday night & midday practice after Spa came out. He tried to close & open a new room Friday while at the same time I went to get a cable to connect the PS4 to the router. Having not had major problems with daily race lobbies, I didn't figure that a cable was necessary. But, it's there now & there it shall stay.

I have had the same glitches every time I've tried to run in @Pigems room on Friday night & midday practice after Spa came out. He tried to close & open a new room Friday while at the same time I went to get a cable to connect the PS4 to the router. Having not had major problems with daily race lobbies, I didn't figure that a cable was necessary. But, it's there now & there it shall stay.

Wired connection is definitely the way to go.

Good info to have.

I need to run a stint length session tomorrow, or Tuesday. Tonight will be spent improving the awful quali time at Autopolis on my main account.

Edit. We'll probably use a tiny bit more fuel than in the race you did. Unless they're running 102% power, as well.

Good catch, they were running stock settings. 2 stops will be fastest.

Latest Posts

Back