R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is. I'll drop you on the list. Brave man, with a little over 24 hours to go :lol:
Great thank you!!
I did the daily at Spa last week so know which way the track goes, tho i need to buy me a Renault :D. And i don't mind finishing last, as long as I've had a good race (it suits me to have no expectations!! :cheers:)

I'll try to put together a suitably amateur livery tonight :P

Last edited:
I guess I should do a practice run to familiarize myself again with the car and track. Don't mind me when I call T1 hell corner and Raidillon the dipper :lol: I can't stop racing over that mountain. It's such a tease, finish flag after the 3 lap warm up :crazy: 90 minutes continuous is gonna feel so good!

See.... Nurburgring ;).

Great thank you!!
I did the daily at Spa last week so know which way the track goes, tho i need to buy me a Renault :D.

Make sure you get the GrX and not the Gr3 :lol:.

i don't mind finishing last, as long as I've had a good race

This is generally my view on things, too. I'm hoping for a top 5 finish. Hopefully I'll be less lonely in this race, than my last one at Catalunya.

Practice room open for the next hour or 2.

0475-4180-6498-9292-4484

Hope it all went well, mate. What sort of times was everyone running?

This is generally my view on things, too. I'm hoping for a top 5 finish. Hopefully I'll be less lonely in this race, than my last one at Catalunya.

You arn't lonely when yer slow in an endurance race. You know eventually you will get to see everyone again when they lap you :lol:. I remember at Catalunya I think it was @DelboyD kept me company for a couple of laps after he lapped me :dopey:. The race at Brands in December should be good. It's a smaller track so I'll get to see people more often :P.

You arn't lonely when yer slow in an endurance race. You know eventually you will get to see everyone again when they lap you :lol:. I remember at Catalunya I think it was @DelboyD kept me company for a couple of laps after he lapped me :dopey:. The race at Brands in December should be good. It's a smaller track so I'll get to see people more often :P.

It's a shame that Top Gear test track from gt5 isn't in GT Sport. That would be great fun in an endurance race.
TG_Test_Track.PNG

The Samba bus race there was hilarious with the AI :lol:

This is why I use Inkscape.

Way less techy stuff to scare me away :lol:

Inkscape is too techy for me. It's not that I'm not tech savvy, but I don't know WTF most of those options do.

I'm thinking about live-streaming the race. Get ready to enjoy hearing me sound like I am in a submarine, and potato video quality. :lol:

And the rest of us will prepare to see you as you pass us time & again. :lol:

...and the Brands grid isn't full yet (11/16)!

Inkscape is too techy for me. It's not that I'm not tech savvy, but I don't know WTF most of those options do.

And the rest of us will prepare to see you as you pass us time & again. :lol:
It will be pretty hard to do that, to be honest. In the last practice session, @Bivittavus88 and @Pigems were about a second behind me in terms of best lap time, so they're definitely going to be on my tail for a good while.

During the practice session I was in @VulcanSpirit set the fastest lap, so I would imagine he'd be up there too :P.
Indeed I did... and eventually broke the 2:15 barrier:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191116222925.png

Completed another practice session of my own last night (90+ minutes). Still had a few errors and penalties, but starting to get consistency on worn Mediums and lighter fuel loads. Really looking forward to tonight's race, especially on the back of my last FIA meeting. Not guaranteeing anything, but the signs look promising.

20191120184937.jpg

Last edited:
Should be a good race between Vulcan and Mistah for the win, the fight further back will be interesting too. The people fighting for 3rd who are quick on low fuel qualifying runs are not necessarily the same as those who are best on long runs, the slipstream should keep people together too so it will be a really interesting race.

2:15s! My best is a mid 2:16.
I think i was just in your lobby but my missus came home got lunch just when you started the race :indiff:
My best was only a 2:17 something (opt 2:16) but that was flat out, I'm probably on a high18 race pace.

I also found a livery with 44 already on the air intake!! But i can't add a big AM sticker to the back of it to warn the quick guys :boggled:

I think i was just in your lobby but my missus came home got lunch just when you started the race :indiff:
My best was only a 2:17 something (opt 2:16) but that was flat out, I'm probably on a high18 race pace.

I also found a livery with 44 already on the air intake!! But i can't add a big AM sticker to the back of it to warn the quick guys :boggled:

That was you! Nice one. :)

Our practice times in that lobby were pretty close.

I’ll FR you when I log on later

Yeah i was getting a bit quicker chasing down your time :cheers:
Getting braver keeping it flat out. The last one to master is the tricky right onto the long back 'straight' - managed it once! :D

Sorry for not checking in much last night. Not having the greatest week as far as mental health goes. Looking forward to chilling out with this race.

Going to be an interesting battle for third, I think. My quali pace isn't the greatest, historically. But, I'm not too bad on long runs.

Sorry for not checking in much last night. Not having the greatest week as far as mental health goes. Looking forward to chilling out with this race.

Going to be an interesting battle for third, I think. My quali pace isn't the greatest, historically. But, I'm not too bad on long runs.

Banging out laps at Spa is good for mental health! Looking forward to trying to keep up with you later.

I feel you there mate. Tragic week for me. Looking forward to some decompression provided I remember to show up at the right time. Still had basically 0 practice.

If anyone's looking to find more pace before the main event, I highly recommend this official lap guide by Jimmy Broadbent. I know that he uses the Gr.3 Supra, but Jimmer's approach to each lap - along with his tips on braking points, lines and cornering speeds - helped me improve a lot when I did the Daily Cs a few weeks back.

Back