R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just did some testing with this combo, What a difference Mediums Tires make! Over a second faster than my Race C time so far with the tire and fuel wear on, and that wasn’t really an overly great lap. I could see someone hitting high 15’s with an empty tank of fuel and new tires. This is gonna be a fun race. :)
You're faster because the car is the Gr.X version and Race C is with the Gr.3 version. The Gr.X version has better downforce, better brakes, better everything. On the same tires it should be a good 1-3 seconds faster depending on track and driver, but always at least 1 second quicker.

Oh no, it’s the Gr.X car. In race I was running 22/23’s for race C, I had this car down to low 17’s today, so that’s a nice 5 seconds faster than my Race C times. :)

giphy.gif

Oh no, it’s the Gr.X car. In race I was running 22/23’s for race C, I had this car down to low 17’s today, so that’s a nice 5 seconds faster than my Race C times. :)

Best I've managed with it is 2:20.2xx. But, that was on Sunday, on the DS4.

I can get round Spa with high 21/low to mid 22 in race C. So, I'm hoping for mid 17s in this. I'm only working 20 hours next week, so plenty of time for testing/livery creation.

Unless race C can't be avoided . .

I only tried mediums today as I thought that’s all that was allowed. They lasted quite a while though.

Sorry man, I must have misunderstood. The poll is up as soft/medium/hard.

Thinking about it, if I allow all three, it'll just result in everyone running softs, and putting in enough fuel to last that tyre stint.

Sorry man, I must have misunderstood. The poll is up as soft/medium/hard.

Thinking about it, if I allow all three, it'll just result in everyone running softs, and putting in enough fuel to last that tyre stint.

I think I did too. :lol: You’re probably right about the the softs though. :)

I'm only used to RM tires. I find RH to not have enough grip to have fun and instead you're busy trying not to lose it. RM tires will last to the point of only needed to change once, but fuel lasts 40 minutes or so. It's going to be a three stop race at the least. RS tires would mean everyone just uses RS until fuel runs out and changes. RM tires will last 60 minutes or so, maybe more if you're smooth. That means you can mess around with pit strategy.

Knowing there are three stops regardless, I probably wouldn't fuel save that much and instead push the tires all the way. They last longer than fuel so after first fuel stop they'll still be in good condition. When the tires get low the second fuel load will be almost gone so the tires won't feel as bad. Pit in for tires and enough fuel and call it a day.

I doubt the 2.5 sec to change tires are going to change anything for me, so softs is fine by me.

So 100L is 40 minutes, 75L start fuel is 30 minutes, 2 pit stops, about 40 laps total. Sounds like a plan.

I'm only used to RM tires. I find RH to not have enough grip to have fun and instead you're busy trying not to lose it. RM tires will last to the point of only needed to change once, but fuel lasts 40 minutes or so. It's going to be a three stop race at the least. RS tires would mean everyone just uses RS until fuel runs out and changes. RM tires will last 60 minutes or so, maybe more if you're smooth. That means you can mess around with pit strategy.

Knowing there are three stops regardless, I probably wouldn't fuel save that much and instead push the tires all the way. They last longer than fuel so after first fuel stop they'll still be in good condition. When the tires get low the second fuel load will be almost gone so the tires won't feel as bad. Pit in for tires and enough fuel and call it a day.

I think with RS it will be boring. It will just be "drive until you run out fuel, change tires and fuel, repeat twice."

Well, when you put it like that, mediums it is.

When is the poll for rain :mischievous:

When I'm no longer crap in the wet.

Don't hold your breath.

If you guys want some practice, you can join my series on Saturday nights for the last two rounds. We run 60 minute races on RM tires with x1 tires and fuel. Tomorrow is La Sarthe and the finale is at Spa. We always get around 12 drivers so a few more would be nice to fill out the grid. Pigems has raced with the IRS group before so he knows how fast the Pro field is. But the Am guys need some more challenge :)

Back