R8 LMS ultra 15th anniv tuning woe....

• Thread starter millross
  • 99 comments
England
England
GTP_Insatiable
InsatiableFiend
I've been trying and failing to make this thing go round a track without being ridiculously cautious in some turns (most turns are ok in 3rd/4th or when braking straight) Try it at Daytona - turn one is almost impossible at speed. I've tried high and low camber, soft springs, hard springs, low ride height, high ride height and various lsd settings....

Anyone got the magic touch? Or is this car just permanently a handful.....

If I may ask, what are the downforce settings? EDIT: Apologies! I forgot to quote both. Ittybittystigy and Mill, what were your downforce settings?

Last edited:
Try this...

RH 80/80
SR 15.6/13.6
COMP 4/4
EXT 4/4
ARB 6/6
CAMBER 4.0/0.0 thats right just try it put 4.0 camber in the front.... If the car is to tight start backing out the front camber some and start raising the rear spring to almost or same as rear spring..
TOE 0.00/0.20
DIFF SPLIT 30/70
LSD front 5/10/5
LSD rear 10/20/20

Just try this I know it seems strange but the in game description says a LOWER rear spring stiffer front will tighten a car up. Also just try it adding camber in the front. It will plant the rear. Not sure why dont know if PD got the settings backwards on camber but on my R8 4.2 I couldnt do anything but spin untill I added 3.0 camber in the front and none in the rear. Just try it and let us know if it worked...

Try this...

RH 80/80
SR 15.6/13.6
COMP 4/4
EXT 4/4
ARB 6/6
CAMBER 4.0/0.0 thats right just try it put 4.0 camber in the front.... If the car is to tight start backing out the front camber some and start raising the rear spring to almost or same as rear spring..
TOE 0.00/0.20
DIFF SPLIT 30/70
LSD front 5/10/5
LSD rear 10/20/20

Just try this I know it seems strange but the in game description says a LOWER rear spring stiffer front will tighten a car up. Also just try it adding camber in the front. It will plant the rear. Not sure why dont know if PD got the settings backwards on camber but on my R8 4.2 I couldnt do anything but spin untill I added 3.0 camber in the front and none in the rear. Just try it and let us know if it worked...
You sure this is for the GT3 car? lol. I can't set half these numbers to what you have them

For spring rate I was going off of what Mixxer said so if he miss quoted the spring rates my bad. That would be the only thing different. You have to have a fully adjustable suspension to fix any of these cars.. And no matter what the springs are on the R8 LMS I would start with my front springs 2 to 3 full numbers stiffer than my rear springs. And set camber toe still the same. If its not 4wd ignore the front diff settings and the diff split settings..

For spring rate I was going off of what Mixxer said so if he miss quoted the spring rates my bad. That would be the only thing different. You have to have a fully adjustable suspension to fix any of these cars.. And no matter what the springs are on the R8 LMS I would start with my front springs 2 to 3 full numbers stiffer than my rear springs. And set camber toe still the same. If its not 4wd ignore the front diff settings and the diff split settings..
The GT3 is a MR!

Didnt read the op properly, thought it was the R18 Audi

Last edited:
Yep! It's RWD and mid engined.

Ballast and weight distribution I'll look at, as well as some of the spring rate suggestions
I'm not totally convinced there's not a wider issue with some MR cars in terms of handling and inability to tune handling oddities away - this car and the Diablo are the two cases I've found so far, but then I've found the V16T to be a lot nicer so I'm not convinced it applies everywhere. I'll attempt a few more things and update this thread if I can find a solution. Thanks for the tips.

I also have the Audi R8 LMS Ultra and it is horrible to drive. Whenever you go through a high speed corner the rear always gets loose and under brakes it is terrible with it being impossible to control unless you go perfectly straight:confused::confused::confused:. I desperately need a tune because I will be using it in my series soon and I don't want to use another car because it is my favorite IRL:D.

I have the Audi R8 LMS Ultra too, and unfortunately I have to agree with you guys, it`s horrible to drive.. I hope someone can give us a good tune, because it`s one of my favorite cars and it would be very dissapointing if I can`t fix the handling.

regards Daniel46

I also have the Audi R8 LMS Ultra and it is horrible to drive. Whenever you go through a high speed corner the rear always gets loose and under brakes it is terrible with it being impossible to control unless you go perfectly straight:confused::confused::confused:. I desperately need a tune because I will be using it in my series soon and I don't want to use another car because it is my favorite IRL:D.
I have the Audi R8 LMS Ultra too, and unfortunately I have to agree with you guys, it`s horrible to drive.. I hope someone can give us a good tune, because it`s one of my favorite cars and it would be very dissapointing if I can`t fix the handling.

regards Daniel46
What tires and specs are you guys using? I might have a crack at it today.

R8 lms ultra 15th anniversary

}

Downforce level
400/743

Ballast
Amount 135 kg
Position -50

Specs
924 hp
1,385 kg
674 pp

Parts to buy
High rpm turbo

Set final as 4.301
Set top speed as 155
Set final as 2.749
1. 3.525
2. 2.554
3. 1.979
4. 1.596
5. 1.295
6. 1.053

LSD
Initial torque 18
Acceleration sensitivity 28
Braking sensitivity 26

Suspension
Ride height 54/64
Spring rate 16.13/20.96
Damper compression 6/4
Damper compression 5/7
Antiroll bars 7/5
Camber 2.2/3.2
Toe angle -0.17/0.22

Brakes
6/6

Tires
Racing soft

Cheers for that setup, will try it. :)

I urge you all to use Daytona (with the infield track) as a test bed - turn one is the ultimate test..... Brands hatch is a decent alternative.

I felt the need to log in and add to this, because I too have had this issue. I run racing hard and tried multiple extreme set ups to stop the insane braking feel (even with ABS on 10 and sensitivity on 1 front zero back). I've locked the diff 60/5/60, 5/5/60, 60/5/5 and variables in between. It does change the feel of the car but doesn't stop the issues that we're trying to fix. Grand Valley first corner is another great test. I've tried Monza (very flat) and it's a bit better but the problems already mentioned still exist. I too believe this is apparent on other MR cars. The Hyuara 15th anniversary is another nasty handling car with these issues in my opinion. I'm glad to know it's not just me having these problems. I don't think tuning will cure it. Hope I'm wrong

Cheers for that setup, will try it. :)

I urge you all to use Daytona (with the infield track) as a test bed - turn one is the ultimate test..... Brands hatch is a decent alternative.

Completely agree. If you can get a car to work at either of those circuits it should be good everywhere else.

@Mr616 I actually think the Hyuara handles good, just gotta be careful not to get on the power to early.
On low speed corners it feels like the back is on glass. It only seem to be off power. On power I can handle it. Just feels odd and never use any tyre less than RH. Normally sport soft on anything high power but not a race car. I loved the R8 on GT5. Some MR cars just feel strange I think. Also braking on none flat tracks. Turn one at Grand valley is mental. The R8 swaps ends under braking, loses the rear off power mid corner and only become manageable on power at corner exit. (The Hyuara '11, on arcade mode with SS tyres is a much much better car in my opinion).

I'm wondering if it's just the anniversary cars. I've not bought an R8 or Hyuara in career mode. I'm wondering if they feel the same.

I'm wondering if it's just the anniversary cars. I've not bought an R8 or Hyuara in career mode. I'm wondering if they feel the same.
Good question!

I've been using the gifted rocket car and it's an MR and boy is it incredible! It's nowhere close in stats to the R8 GT3 but still, good shout to try the non anniversary versions.... One spanner in that though is the diablo gt2? .... I think that car is equally over-tricky

Good question!

I've been using the gifted rocket car and it's an MR and boy is it incredible! It's nowhere close in stats to the R8 GT3 but still, good shout to try the non anniversary versions.... One spanner in that though is the diablo gt2? .... I think that car is equally over-tricky
There's plenty of threads confirming there's some kind of issue and it would seem it's not just anniversary cars but some MR cars in general. I thought old age was kicking in and my playstation days were coming to and end :scared: Hopefully patched soon.. I hope.

I thought the same, the sport hard tires were the limiting force when being aggressive.

Drive with the same vigour in the R8 and you wind up backwards.
I'm sorry but there's no vigour here. I'm talking just crawling round. I've read some other threads since posting earlier, which would seem to point to some kind of issue. I think the Hyuara '11 in arcade mode on SS or RH feels normal but the anniversary edition is heavily lacking rear grip at low speed :confused: as is the R8 LMS. I've not bought the same cars from the dealerlship so I can't comment on any of those (apart from the BTR which feels like it has the same issues as the LMS to me, and I loved it in GT5).

In my opinion this car is broken:boggled: Not unusually grippy, not a little unusual, not, "Oh well you're just a rookie and not a really good driver you just have to get used to it". I mean broken as in it's coded wrong. I tried it out at GVE and Daytona and there is something wrong with it no doubt. I did everything but ballast with all kinds of wacky settings and nothing really worked. You can feel the front end is stuck to the track like glue and when you touch the brakes the front end just grabs. Had a high speed wobble going on Daytona banking with the G27 that I've never had before on any car in any game. This car and others that behave the same way will no doubt be patched if and when PD discovers it.

I'm sure if I spent enough time with it I could make it drivable, but what you're really doing is whacking out a bunch of settings to get around a car that isn't coded right.

The only qualms I have about the weight distribution is that it makes cornering response a tad sluggish, but unfortunately it's the only real way to make the car tolerable.

I hope it actually is a PD miscue and they will correct it.

Back