[RACE][B-Spec] 2015-S1 Captain Morgan GTR2 World Endurance Championship

• Thread starter raven214
  • 303 comments

Would it be acceptable to do race writeups rather than videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, but did you zip it? I only remember seeing the picture file - that gets shrunk by the forums (unless GTP changed it back) so it will look bad in-game. That's why you need to zip it.
Okay. No, I didn't zip.

Just a friendly reminder that this series is not dead. ;) I'm working on another video solution and hope to have an announcement this weekend.

Also, get those schemes in! Last I checked, everyone at least had a work in progress except for @Tired iron who had good reasons.

Here's who I do not have a scheme from:

#13 @Harsk100 - WIP (needs to be zipped)
#20 @DurWinning - WIP
#1 @Smurfybug - WIP
#7 @BRRT_Angel - WIP
#53 @Tired iron - Reasons

Looky:

Yo @Smurfybug, car is done. Sending it to you and @raven214 now.

Sorry for double post, but my livery is done, zipped and ready for the championship. 👍

Attachments

• HS7R.zip
    881.9 KB · Views: 8
Signed up! Hopefully I get the MC12, I'm familiar with the template and already have a skin I can modify for this 👍

Last edited:
Because I feel like being friendly to those Maseratist who have yet to finish their livery (or any Maseratist that'd just like to see the livery applied to the car), I stumbled upon some carviewer files for the MC12 just recently. Strangely enough, I found that at the place I got pretty much all the others too. Guess I was just extremely blind.

Attachments

• Maserati MC12 carviewer.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Actually scratch my Masersti choice. If I'm going to be in the prototype class I'll choose the S7.

There be issues in them hills.

Or, what I mean to say, is that I ran a test race at Mt Panorama with the cars I have so far and the Maserati had no pace what-so-ever. They were something like a whole second back of the Saleen in qualifying. The odd thing is that both models turned equal laps in terms of best lap time during the race, but for qualifying and race results it was all Saleen and then Maserati at the back as far as Prototype is concerned. I'm very disappointed by this.

I had tested at Daytona and Laguna Seca before I undertook this effort, and things were much more even there. I don't know if it was a one off oddity or a sign of some hidden imbalance. I will need to do more testing, but now I'm wishing I had just limited Prototypes to the Saleen.

Of course, I am also fighting graphical issues with the Saleen windows losing transparency and a certain Ferrari that won't convert into the game's format.

I have been stewing on this for a week because I am leaning toward pulling the plug, but I feel terrible for wasting everyone's time. I should've tested more before going ahead with this. That's on me. Currently registration is closed pending me trying to straighten out this mess, sorry @iName . Sorry everyone. 🤬🤬🤬:banghead:

Raven, my friend and fellow GTR2 B-Spec series organizer, I know pretty much the same situation just too well.

For the past, well I guess it's about two months by now, I've tried every possible solution I could think of to even out the three cars I'm dealing with, and every time it's felt like one step forward and ten steps back.

I just took myself the freedom to do a test run with my own, homemade AI drivers, and I too am having the Saleen about 1.5 seconds faster on Bathurst. That's not random, and it seems to me like the Saleen is just slightly better at mountaineering. Most of all this reminds me of our very own BMWs - half a season in, they're no longer dominating qualifying, but they're still subscribed to race wins.

Moral of the story is that as long as we're running cars that are actually different beyond a few stickers front and back, it'll never be perfectly equal. It can get close, but never dead-on. That, and our lovely AI isn't helping the spec testing at all :lol:

As for the graphical glitches and things, if there is a problem, feel free to send it to me. I might not always have the cure for the ebola ready in five minutes, nor will my parents always agree that being on the PC outside education-related things are a good idea, but if I see a gap in which to get things done, I will use the 🤬 out of it.

No matter what you do, don't pull the plug. You've come way too far for that. I felt like pulling the plug after S1, seeing as how many people in these B-Spec series' are afraid of creating what's essentially an avatar that has to worry about braking for a right-hander, but the few that are actually interested, on my opinion, far outweigh those other guys.

We are the few. The proud.

(and yes, I had to sneak in a reference to your livery. Deal with it :P )

I am here ya knoo, and I am willing to help the Rally and Raven connection with their GTR2 woes. Although that doesn't mean I have my own problems with GTR2 right now.

4367d32c-1f46-4976-a684-bb7dd3da515d_zpss3vkabwi.png

The Saleen S7 is a real monster. For people who have the game and race with AI difficulty 90% and up, they should know the Saleen S7's are lethal. The default setup is basically perfect at anything. Even if it's too loose, reversing the camber to have more in the back and less in front makes the car waaay more stable. On the other hand, the Maserati is extremely loose out of the box. I find myself being very dainty with it around turns. Just because it looks all racecar, doesn't mean it's a perfect one. Although, don't take my words of car feel too seriously. My wheel broke so I have a very makeshift way of playing the game. I hooked up my PS4 controller, and the triggers are buttons. Barely press the throttle and it's basically full throttle. I have every assist but braking and steering just to be on pace :(. I did make a skin for the MC12. I use the GTSEC mod for my usual races, and the AI for Car 2 gets pole every time, and immediately goes down to 4th or 5th halfway through the lap.

Of course, I am also fighting graphical issues with the Saleen windows losing transparency and a certain Ferrari that won't convert into the game's format.
With the transparency, I usually just grab a default DDS texture and copy the windows into the template, and delete the opaque ones. You can send it to me and I'll fix it, but I can only provide .pdn's.

Bog the Saleen down, or find a way to mess with the talent files of the AI to make the Maserati drives more controlled and/or Saleen drivers slower. I can provide templates if you wish to replace some cars, but keep the MC12 since lots of people put work into skins for it.

Thanks guys. I'm really not looking to get into modifying the cars or the driving. If I were doing it over I would probably ditch the Maserati, but I see no way to justify that now. So I think I will test the whole schedule and if the Maserati cannot balance itself out then I might break up the prototypes into P1 and P2. It's not ideal with the low numbers, but it's the only way I can think to keep everyone racing and with a fair shot - short of genetically engineering the game.

As for the transparency issue on the Saleen, I don't really want to bother someone to work on all the cars (I mean that's what @rallymorten is for, right? ;)). And, to be honest, they don't look all that bad - kind of like that reflective tint the real P1's seem to have on their glass, only more intense. So I think I can live with that part.

I already have ideas for a simplified, yet more complex second season (yes, try to make sense of that!). So I guess I'm not giving up just yet. :cheers:

Hey @raven214 you there man?
Yes, I'm here, barely! Real life has changed things up so I have even less free time than I used to. I have a new job (yay!) but it has longer hours (boo). I was sick all last week (nothing too serious but enough to keep me down and out whenever I did get some free time) but I'm finally on the mend.

Now that you've read through my sob story :lol: I'll get back on topic. I just have a few cars left to put together then I'll run some practice sessions and finally at some unknown point in time an actual race! I know, I should've told you to sit down before unleashing such crazy news. :D

To summarize, I'm still working on things but at an all-time snail's pace. We'll see how it goes this weekend. :cheers:

Back