Race bred machine, race cars in general and your favorite racing cars

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 187 comments
P5_21.jpg

P5_22.jpg

So who likes Daihatsus here?

GT racing has ruined my life; I'm 19 years old!

4259985106_5fe46285b0.jpg

The utterly delicious Marcos Mantara LM600. A wide-body version of the original LM600 that went to Le Mans in '95. This particular car, in the distinctive colours of Cor Euser, was one of the defining sights of national-level European GT racing.

8021077570_1d4789f314.jpg

The Mosler MT900R is another car synonymous with series such as Britcar and the (Dutch) Supercar Challenge. Teams are still entering examples of the MT900R in the aforementioned championships to this day. The GT300 version was pretty tasty too.

DS2_5683small1184504439.jpg

This Porsche 935 replica, built from a road-going 993, will be a familiar sight to fans of Britcar and GT Cup. It has never been the most reliable car around, but it is extremely fast, and still gives GT3 cars a run for their money to this day. It has also been given a long-tail aero update...

22_265.jpg

I'll finish this post with the mighty Lister Storm. Jaguar V12, stealthy looks and international success. Yum.

One of the best racing cars to ever be made, hands down. The Honda HSV-010 GT.

ARTA_HSV-010_2011_Super_GT_Fuji_250km.jpg

Won it's first season after development, with the help of the Modulo team in 2010.

SGT10_HSV_7.jpg

Through it's 3 years of competition, it's one of the fastest and most successful race cars Honda has ever created, and sadly cannot reproduce it's results with the NSX-GT Concept.

Wasn't a favorite of mine when they first joined Speesvision TC. I have liked these in recent times.
images

Loved these, but bought an Accord instead
images

This(and ToCA) is what made me buy an Accord. We didn't get the Type-Rs in the states, but I had to get a 2001 manual Accord sedan.
images

Here, have my top 7.

Brabham-BT52-BMW-1442.jpg

Brabham BT52. The sexiest race car to ever be the fastest race car as well.

big-wall-3.jpg

Lancia 037. The best-looking car ever and won while being it.

Peugeot905_evo1ter_1993.jpg

Peugeot 905. The last great car of a great era.

Tommi-Makinen-Mitsubishi-Cover.jpg

Any Mitsubishi Evo with Tommi Makinen in it. The best with the best.

GSR-Studie_with_TeamUKYO_BMW_Z4_GT3_2011_Fuji_test.jpg

Goodsmile's BMW Z4. Such a good itasha it won the whole thing twice!

Weider_Honda_Racing_Honda_HSV-010_GT_2011_Fuji_test.jpg

Honda HSV-010. The most wonderful of speed machines, designed for racing and nothing else.

906355.jpg

Mooncraft Shiden. A Daytona Prototype that could.

Here are my Top 5.

Peugeot-905_mp40_pic_64866.jpg

Peugeot 905B. I had a small book for kids that showed how cars worked and had several cut-away car drawings, one of the most intriguing being of the 1993 Le Mans-winning 905B. Watching footage of the car at racing pace and hearing the sound it made later only solidified how special of a car it was.

FW15.jpg

Williams FW15-C. It was the first F1 car that caught my eye and getting up early in the morning to watch live F1 races with my dad the year Alain Prost won his last driver's title made this car all the more special, especially as it was the last year of all sorts of driver aids allowed in Formula 1.

FULL.jpg

Penske PC23-500i. 1994 was the year Team Penske won 12 of 16 races in CART and the first year I really followed Indycar racing outside of The Indianapolis 500. The '95 500 was the first I can remember watching all the way through to see if the one-off, 1,000 HP Mercedes-Branded Pushrod Engines could last the distance. Reading through the book "Beast" by Jade Gurss really brought home just how big of an achievement the whole Penske organization achieved that year, especially in light of them failing to qualify for the following year's race...

1999_Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_VI_WRC_001_5650.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI Rally Car. A combination of Gran Turismo 2, buying imported Autosport magazines from a Borders bookstore that was around 3 hours away from my house whenever I could, getting satellite TV and experiencing the wonders of Speedvision's World Rally Championship coverage hooked me on the one of the great eras of the sport, with Tommi Makkinen & Mitsubishi at the top of their games and winning rallies left & right with a Group A car against the earliest purpose-built WRC cars.

mrg6034.jpg

Panoz LMP1 Roadster S. The American Le Mans Series was in it's infancy and the battle between the BMW V12 LMR and the thundering Panoz was a great sight to behold when me and my family took a trip to watch the ALMS race at Laguna Seca. The fact that the Panoz was still fairly competitive even in the face of the all-conquering Audi R8s when the design itself was based on the old "Batmobile" GTR-1 made it a favorite.

REMEMBER THE GOOD OL' DAYS?

14141fd9d3.jpg

THE GOOD OL' DAYS WHEN REAL MEN WENT OUT IN ANY WEATHER

1567f04547.jpg

THE GOOD OL' DAYS WHEN REAL MEN COULD HANDLE A LITTLE WATER

e24b208863.jpg

THE GOOD OL' DAYS WHEN RACES WOULD START ON LAP ONE AND RED FLAGS DIDN'T EXIST

a2f736056d.jpg

THE GOOD OL' DAYS WHEN REAL MEN DIDN'T NEED NO STINKING SAFETY CARS?

530ca3baeb.jpg

man, the good ol' days kinda sucked

To me, when I hear the word "Racecar", the conversation begins and ends with the most bad-ass cars ever built, that being Group C.

My personal favorite, and one of the most dominant cars of all time, is the 956/962c. This car has some of the most iconic and coolest Liveries ever, and there's a bunch of them.

IMG_4687.JPG

Right behind that is my second favorite, The Sauber C9:

IMG_4688.JPG

And I have to throw in the 787B, just because it's up there as well:

IMG_4689.JPG

I guess those might seem like easy, or "no brainer", choices. Well, because they are. Those cars were that :censored:ing awesome, we will never see a group or era like Group C again.

Pretty much every car in this video kicks ass 👍:

images

These three shook up the V8 establishment at launch. The promise of AMG Customer Program, a HWA 32valve engine, drive-by-wire and E-cell safety seat. Erebus looked to be ahead in technology, next to the 20yo Commodore & Falcon V8s.
images

All was not cheerful its first year. Hot foot cabins, lack of driveability out of corners and several racing mishaps, lowered EMV8 expectations on new owner Betty Klimenko's vision.
images

There were several brightsides in the EMV8 E63s short lifespan. Two hard-fought wins(1 @Winton, 1 @ Perth), a deserved 4th at Sandown & Bathurst 1000. It cemented itself in V8 touring car history, as a car with potential before bowing out.

The stunning wail of the EMV8

Last edited:
They raced Group B cars up until 1992 in FISA rallycross championships across Europe. Over seven hundred horsepower, even bigger aero, and lighter weight (no need for a rally fuel tank, or pesky road legality tat), all with fairly primitive suspension...

Img1988024.jpg

rs200rx.jpg

Mr. Mavropoulos was apparently in need of financial assistance for a while

dimi-mavropoulos-sport-quattro.jpg

Why Ferrari should return to Endurance Racing
Ferrari 333 SP
three.jpg

How can something so out of place look awesome?
Bentley Continental GT3
maxresdefault.jpg

These two Lamborghini Huracans
40600bb4-0e49-46f1-a858-f6d71bdabfb7_625x352.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRC, the last saloon version. Impreza's were the rally car of choice as I was growing up, and I will always love this car.
subaru_impreza_wrc_2005_large_24282.jpg

What more needs to be said about this beauty.

gtone-7.jpg

Everyone must have had a Gran Turismo inspired obsession with it at some point. I remember before the days of Google being second nature I had absolutely no idea how to win this car in GT3.

I'd spend so much time just looking at clips of it in motion and of the 1999 Le Mans. The fact that it didn't win still infuriates me. I mean just look at it! It's a shame they never tried again for at least another decade, because I love this car more than most people.

Back