Race Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 167 comments
For anyone who like me prefers to use a stock untuned car and avoids detuning stupidly fast cars, the Nomad Diablo is a relatively easy gold.
Yes, also the HSV-010 is two seconds under w/o much work at it.

C'mon now, detuning to less than 70% to fit inside the rules ? I now it's allowed within the game but not exactly sporting. The GT500 cars or DTM were meant for this TT.
No. Just... no. 600PP race car is code for Chaparral 2J on PD language.
Yes, also the HSV-010 is two seconds under w/o much work at it.
Really unnecessary double post.

Setup to Chaparral 2J '70

600 PO / 506 HP

Suspension
65/45
12.80/11.40
5/7
4/9
5/7
0.0/0/0
-0.10/-0.30

Brakes
5/6

LSD
5/60/5

Gearbox
1 gear/ 1.498
2 gear/ 1.100
3 gear/ 0.885 3.940 V Max: 300

Weight
910kg
+89/0

Thanks for setup :) the only thing I cannot seem to work out is how you did you gearbox, may be due to me being tired.

Would you so kind to tell me?

Many thanks in advance.

You're welcome m8. ;)
Yes, thanks for the setup!

1'20.832. Good for 253rd place at the moment.

Edit: I was stuck at 1'21.060 for a while, but couldn't improve my times despite more precise driving. Then I discovered the oil
had deteriorated so I had 593 pp, and the body rigidity needed to be restored. My first lap after repairs and no ghost is posted above. I think I can get to the low 1'20.xxx, but probably not 1'19.xxx. We'll see.

Last edited:
I never said he did now did I? Please understand what you read before making assumptions. I only said he should give credit where credit is due. Even though Praiano may not be bothered, its still the respectful thing to do.
Cargoratt said -"I never said he did now did I?" - And I never said you did either! :lol: Just stated the obvious

Cargoratt said-" Please understand what you read before making assumptions" - I never assumed anything, just stated the facts :)

joeledward said - But I agree if you post a tune based on somebody elses tune, then you should give credit to the original " Author of the tune " :) -
I agreed with you 👍
joeledward said - I'm sure he meant to thank Praiano for the base tune.;) - Turok edited his post and gave credit to Praiano:D

Can't win with you can we ? :boggled:
My post was to thank all for sharing tunes and back up your point .
Seriously Mitch I didn't post to argue with you but Turok did nothing wrong. :) And neither did I :cheers:

Sorry Jogo , to be off topic but sometimes :rolleyes: Sorry mods :)
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Cargoratt said -"I never said he did now did I?" - And I never said you did either! :lol: Just stated the obvious

Cargoratt said-" Please understand what you read before making assumptions" - I never assumed anything, just stated the facts :)

Cargoratt said - Not trying to be an ass, - :lol::lol:

joeledward said - But I agree if you post a tune based on somebody elses tune, then you should give credit to the original " Author of the tune " :)

joeledward said - I'm sure he meant to thank Praiano for the base tune.;) -
Turok edited his post and gave credit to Praiano

Can't win with you can we ? :boggled:
Seriously Mitch I didn't post to argue with you but Turok did nothing wrong. :) And neither did I :cheers:

Sorry Jogo , to be off topic but sometimes :rolleyes: Sorry mods :)
:gtpflag:

The first words out of your mouth were, "He didn't take any credit for the tune", implying that I was accusing him of taking credit for the tune, which I clearly did not. Furthermore, if you can't win with me, as you say, why did you even bother to reply to my post then when it didn't even pertain/involve you? Also, again, I never said he did anything wrong, just said that it would be nice to give the author of the tune the credit they deserve. But whatever, I'm going to be the bad guy regardless, so, so be it. :rolleyes:

Cargoratt said - why did you even bother to reply to my post then when it didn't even pertain/involve you? - joeledward said - My post was to thank all for sharing tunes and back up your point . :) End of story , stay happy Mitch :)
:cheers:

I used Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08. Did it on 1.29.662 on the second lap. I do not want to use 4,500,000 Cr on the Chaparral 2J'70

1'20.749 with Konnichiwa's tune. Brake balance 6/8, Accel Sens 40.

I think I can find 0.500, but I would like to break 1'19. This track is addicting.

Maybe I should try the TS030.

I used Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08. Did it on 1.29.662 on the second lap. I do not want to use 4,500,000 Cr on the Chaparral 2J'70

I'm with you. I'm happy with my time from the Toyota TS030 and even though it's almost 5 seconds slower than the 2J, I was 6+ seconds under the Gold time limit which is more than adequate for me. Even if I spent $4.5M CR on the 2J, I wouldn't be close to the Top times. I'd rather keep the credits for something else. I DO understand why a lot of people in this thread want the 2J in their garage -- they're actually capable of competing for the best overall time and I think that's pretty awesome. If my skills ever improve significantly, then I'll purchase a 2J. Until then, I'll stick to the more affordable rides. The car doesn't automatically produce a great time. Skill does.

DAMN :banghead: nearly got into the 19's,i know i could get it, its just whether i can be botherd, thanx to all who have posted tunes for the 2J i have used them all and getting low 20's :cheers: oh and thats with ds3 auto :D if i get a chance might try me wee 200° wheel and give my feet some exercise :lol:

Auto is nothing wrong, just use it whenever you like.

Right/Wrong connotation applied to auto trans usage...:odd:
...haven't seen that one before, have seen fast/slow though. :sly:

...and of course whether or not one is using a controller or a wheel.
----------------------------------------------

OP has now been updated to include a list of stock/semi stock cars posted. :)
(Below the tunes section).

RE Amemiya RX7 with @praiano63's also added to OP tuned list.
From my Clutch Seasonal Thread for Red Bull Ring:

Tried @praiano63's RE Amemiya RX7 '06 as suggested. With added high turbo.

Tuned RE Amemiya RX7 '06 Red Bull Ring

1:26.729 MT/C (ABS 1)

Great tune on a great car! had a blast! :cheers:

What are the dpad players getting? I've gotten 1:22.3XX on dpad with the Toyota, I can get 4 tenths or so in the first half but i cant put it together in the end, i've maxed out this tune with my abilities lol

I used the RX7 TC (was DLC in GT5), tuned up to 600pp and a couple of tweaks to the suspension and diff'. I'm still learning the track really, but I have managed a 1:27.8 which will probably do me. It's a nice stable car once you get the diff' right to stop the outside rear spinning up out of the corner.

Whisky isn't helping. Although I'm consistently lapping faster than yesterday's dream goal, I can't complete a lap faster than I could this afternoon. Maybe there's something behind those DUI laws?

Next I'll try texting.

There is. Unfortunately, there are still ignorant people out there in the real world who refuse to abide by such laws which is why I'm in the shape I'm in today.

Try changing the oil and/or restoring the chassis. I've noticed that this car deteriorates very quickly, even if the status icons in GT Auto are green.
Changed oil be4 I started to drive this event, but restoring the chassis?! Hmmm....it's. It enought that I spend 4.5Cr on this car, so it brakes fast to tho!!

I'll try it
:)

My apologies for posting a time with this account, I had already used the 2J with my USS one and forgot to log out after loading into the TT.
I logged out as soon as I seen the ranking come up, the time was only in the 3k's but, I did get a hate-o-gram about it, sorry.

Corvette Z06 LM 06'

Good for a 1:23.5xx after a half dozen laps, easy 1:24's with max DF.

115 100
12.25 13.75
3 6
2 5
4 7
0.1 0.0
-.03 +.02

BB 6/9
LSD 6/23/9
DF 330/560
575 HP @ 87.8%

137 Top Speed
3.500 Final Gear

Z06.jpg

Try changing the oil and/or restoring the chassis. I've noticed that this car deteriorates very quickly, even if the status icons in GT Auto are green.
I discovered my rigidity light was yellow at 750 miles. And my PP was down to 593 when my oil light was still green. After repairs, my next lap was .5 faster.

I'm with you. I'm happy with my time from the Toyota TS030 and even though it's almost 5 seconds slower than the 2J, I was 6+ seconds under the Gold time limit which is more than adequate for me. Even if I spent $4.5M CR on the 2J, I wouldn't be close to the Top times. I'd rather keep the credits for something else. I DO understand why a lot of people in this thread want the 2J in their garage -- they're actually capable of competing for the best overall time and I think that's pretty awesome. If my skills ever improve significantly, then I'll purchase a 2J. Until then, I'll stick to the more affordable rides. The car doesn't automatically produce a great time. Skill does.
I'll give it a go. I still need to gold the historic race car in Monaco and this thing seems to be the ticket

Back