[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
Hey, I never got any takers with this paint scheme. I signed ip and everything.:[

Denny+Hamlin+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+IpCtC05kgUvl.jpg

Once I've finished with swift's and knuckled down on finishing Dur's, I'll make an attempt, but get Gerarghini on standby as complex and I don't mix.

Hey, I never got any takers with this paint scheme. I signed ip and everything.:[

Denny+Hamlin+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+IpCtC05kgUvl.jpg
Once I've finished with swift's and knuckled down on finishing Dur's, I'll make an attempt, but get Gerarghini on standby as complex and I don't mix.
Alreggie way ahead of you :lol:

Don't worry @BayneHamlin1121, I'll see what I can do. I'm not expecting it to be 100% exact but it looks easy enough. Once I'm finished with my own ill get to work on yours. 👍

Hey guys I need some help i'm making my scheme for one but im lost on how to use Gimp 2 here is what I have right now

Attachments

• Template (body) (psd).png
    Template (body) (psd).png
    243.2 KB · Views: 14
Hey guys I need some help i'm making my scheme for one but im lost on how to use Gimp 2 here is what I have right now

OK, do you still have all the separate pieces on different layers? If not, you'll need to do so by either backtracking or, as it's 2 hours after the fact at typing, use the fill tool, set your base color, and select the 'Fill whole selection' tool option to reset the base layer. Save it and leave it alone for now. Open the 'Orlando' image in a separate window (vanilla Open will do this), and get ready for some work.

First and most important is to right click on the layer pane and make sure it has an alpha channel. Once done keep the fill tool, look at the tool options pane, there is a drop down menu at the top. Click it, then select 'color erase'. change the foreground color (should still be blue if program has remained open, black by default upon start-up) for white (possibly the BG color still). Click once on the background and anything with any semblance of white is gone. Not what you wanted, right? Calm my friend, I just did this with a McD's logo. NOW, make a new blank layer, set to transparent, then change the order to make it the bottom layer. Change the fill tool option back to 'Normal' and fill the blank layer. Visually, you are back where you started, but now you can start using the eraser, the pixel brush is recommended for any size, and start trimming away the white bits you don't need. Once you have the excess trimmed, merge the layers and you now have the image you wanted, for the most part. SAVE IT!

Now we can go back to the template. Now select the layer you want to be on and go to [File]>[Open in Layers], then grab that new image, it now has a layer all it's own. Use this to scale it to taste and move it freely. DO NOT MERGE! Once you like it, Duplicate the layer and place the duplicate wherever needed. Don't merge anything until you are satisfied with the product, then only merge common layers, otherwise things may get rough later.

Ok. I have another one I should of also asked, how do you unanchor anything cause that's been a problem for me as when I do anything it automatically anchors.

Ok. I have another one I should of also asked, how do you unanchor anything cause that's been a problem for me as when I do anything it automatically anchors.
I had to open it up to see what you meant, but I think I know. If you did things as I described, each layer should be movable within the canvas. To do that, you will need to change the 'Move' tool option to 'Move the active layer', why it isn't the default option is beyond me. Once done, you should be able to move any layer around without having to float anything....

BUT...

If you do need to float something, use one of the select tools to grab what you want, then go [Select]>[Float].

Im back live streaming just finished thanksgiving dinner at my house

Some one might as well just do mine since I haven't gotten any help as I don't know how to use Gimp 2.8 so I give up

Last edited:
Hello folks!
Came across this little gem of a tread and got my attention.
If I'm not to late I would love join in on the fun. You folks seem to be a good bunch.
I'm a old timer retired so I got lots of time on my hand, I don't have the game but planning to get it if my laptop will run it. I did the gt trip from the beginning but GT6 was the final straw for me. I have a ps3 and spend my time racing Shift 1 and Shift 2 unleashed.
If I can join I will fill out an application and post pictures of my car colours, not good with graphics program.

Happy racing

Well hey there, and welcome in! We still have a little breathing space :)

Public Service Announcement: I'm putting a temporary limit on 30 cars max. Seeing as some of the tracks may have lap times upwards of two minutes, with all loading and stuff combined, just the 20 cars that go to the race is roughly an hour. An idea I've been toying with is modifying the qualifying structure to following:

Q1: Cars are split into two groups of 15 cars, possibly based on their performance. The top 20 times overall progress to
Q2: The 20 cars all take part in a qualifying session and are guaranteed entry to the race. The top 10 progress further to
Q3: Each of them is given one lap to decide who gets Pole.

Q1 and Q2 would be regular, 10 minute qualifying sessions as hosted by the game and not recorded.

How's this idea?

Well hey there, and welcome in! We still have a little breathing space :)

Public Service Announcement: I'm putting a temporary limit on 30 cars max. Seeing as some of the tracks may have lap times upwards of two minutes, with all loading and stuff combined, just the 20 cars that go to the race is roughly an hour. An idea I've been toying with is modifying the qualifying structure to following:

Q1: Cars are split into two groups of 15 cars, possibly based on their performance. The top 20 times overall progress to
Q2: The 20 cars all take part in a qualifying session and are guaranteed entry to the race. The top 10 progress further to

Q1 and Q2 would be regular, 10 minute qualifying sessions as hosted by the game and not recorded.

How's this idea?

Sounds good to me I'm new at this online stuff. I'm easy going happens when you get old lol. What ever you folks decide it's all good with me.
I will fill up the application and I have to use my phone to take picture of my favorite racer in S2u
Since EA took autolog offline should be able to use my phone on the tv and thank you.
I better get busy.

How's this idea?

From my understanding of GTR2, you are making this way more complicated for yourself. :lol: Each is, I imagine, a separate class in the .GDB for the car class. Considering the workload this takes, I'd say just scrap Q3, and just add a second session for Q2 since that is much easier to do.

How is the livery spotters guide coming along?

From my understanding of GTR2, you are making this way more complicated for yourself. :lol: Each is, I imagine, a separate class in the .GDB for the car class. Considering the workload this takes, I'd say just scrap Q3, and just add a second session for Q2 since that is much easier to do.

How is the livery spotters guide coming along?

:lol: Okay Q2 it is. Don't want to make it like job :crazy:

Well I got my pics. And see if I can post them here goes nothing. Well that work now if one of these fine gentleman would like to make it for me I will be real happy and thank you.

20141128_143049.jpg
20141128_143126_1.jpg
20141128_143217.jpg

Welcome.

I can get this done for you. Thankfully, I actually have a rFactor mod with this exact same car and livery so I have plenty of reference to work from. Should be done within a day.

[Th="RACECAR, post: 10269633, member: 33994"]Welcome.

I can get this done for you. Thankfully, I actually have a rFactor mod with this exact same car and livery so I have plenty of reference to work from. Should be done within a day.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much and I am glad to be on board.

Have a question about my laptop if it will run this SIM I would like to buy it.
Intel I7 core with Nvidia GeForce Cuda 1gig of memory and 6 gig memory for the puter.
I run in HD on my tv.

Happy racing

GTR2 isn't a hugely demanding sim (as I can attest from playing it on my less then ideal Acer Aspire) so it should be able to run on yours.

Edit: Just to be absolutely sure (and in case you are just as curious about another sim or other games), try this site

Last edited:
GTR2 isn't a hugely demanding sim (as I can attest from playing it on my less then ideal Acer Aspire) so it should be able to run onriurs.

Edit: Just to be absolutely sure (and in case you are just as curious about another sim or other games), try this site

Ok thanks RACECAR will have look and see. It shouldn't be a problem I run Shift 1 and Xplane 10 and Il-2 Stumovik on my laptop with no ploblem. I have been reading up on GTR2 and it's right up my alley.
I have Grid Autosport for ps3 but it sitting gathering dust played it for two week got to repetitious for me and no cockpit to speak of and insane AI.

Latest Posts

Back