[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
I forgot to put the Air Force Logos on this @goofytyler, but this will suffice right?

https://www.mediafire.com/?qipixbgim1b10r2

GoofyTylerPorscheFront_zps6781b1b8.png

GoofyTylerPorscheRear_zps82973bfd.png
yes that's fine for right now

So, I signed up in the sign up thing and stuff...

Template (body) (psd) Porsche.png

I've swung this way on livery, not because I like Gran Turismo, but because GT6 has a cool colour scheme on its case. Also, I'd like to take up #11.

Last edited:
@rallymorten

Watching your test run video right now... well done! The instant replays are a nice touch. 👍

Forgive my novice questions - I am still getting up to speed on the game - but are you running any mods? The cars/track look really good and the AI is pretty lively. I've starting looking at mods on NoGripRacing.com (while waiting for my copy of the game to arrive :ouch:) and I see there are several Porsche Cup ones. I think that might be one of the first I try out.

Also, I read that there is an error in the standard version of the game that prevents the weather from changing during the race without a patch. Is that correct, and do you have it patched? Just curious if we will see all-weather racing. Tire strategy takes on a life of its own when the rains come in, and I'm curious if the AI would handle it well.

:cheers:

From my understanding of GTR2, you are making this way more complicated for yourself. :lol: Each is, I imagine, a separate class in the .GDB for the car class. Considering the workload this takes, I'd say just scrap Q3, and just add a second session for Q2 since that is much easier to do.

How is the livery spotters guide coming along?

I could indeed scrap Q3 and just let the AI have both sessions in Q2. If I mess around with the length of the qualifying sessions, they just might make it to videos, thanks to instant replay.

Haven't got too far with that yet. I do hooe for it to be ready in ~1 week 👍

Don't know if you saw this @rallymorten

I have indeed, and it's moving forward slowly, but steadily :)

@rallymorten

Watching your test run video right now... well done! The instant replays are a nice touch. 👍

Forgive my novice questions - I am still getting up to speed on the game - but are you running any mods? The cars/track look really good and the AI is pretty lively. I've starting looking at mods on NoGripRacing.com (while waiting for my copy of the game to arrive :ouch:) and I see there are several Porsche Cup ones. I think that might be one of the first I try out.

Also, I read that there is an error in the standard version of the game that prevents the weather from changing during the race without a patch. Is that correct, and do you have it patched? Just curious if we will see all-weather racing. Tire strategy takes on a life of its own when the rains come in, and I'm curious if the AI would handle it well.

:cheers:

I'm not running anything but track mods for this season, but I do have my eye on some updated equipment for the future.

Changing weather isn't exactly a strong point as standard, and even the software I've used to create weather files until now is starting to get unhappy with changes. It should, however, be relatively easy to do it manually. From the top of my head, the file is just a lot of references to a random point in the race, how much it will rain at said point, track conditions, temperature etc.

This, this is what happens when someone makes a racing series with Porsches. Martini stripes, red w. White stripes, Gulf.. I wonder who's planning on having this:

MLAwMLg8P9_EK1qn_I1cA2UcfgJVg20HmzDaYHG20R7YdXlT9zzb_PG2hp27DbZBNyyS0-ZiCv5Hzmg9gHJCF9ckMS5BbmS1pjlwlwLetYcb6DPKuShI3y7TKLfz7SdwsOQOKGwyXj1n88lCDvQxkZ-SQ9gCkW2nExV1plJTuMHMjThZ8zeQktkgp1P3Cp71DAoItjRJgjOIEIp-lgHMtuxPv6-Hu3WKSstDjdfD_7Sw=w515-h286-nc

Any takers? :lol:

Funky paint job I'll take it for my second skin if that is possible it makes me :lol::lol::lol::D

Why does it not become Shift 2, where if you roll in the dirt, your car is torn to pieces as it should?

Visual damage isn't GTR2's strong side, it would be wrong to say that.

That being said, physics in general are very good. Not top-of-the-line-ultra-hyper-realism, but also not oh-you-went-sideways-lets-drift-around-the-rest-of-the-track. If you go sideways, you either make a good save, or you find yourself facing the wrong way.

That, and the game is from 2006 :)

NR2003 doesn't tear cars apart that brutally either :sly:

Qualifying for the next test race has begun.

A little reminder if you've forgotten how it works:

Q1:
Cars are split into 2 groups of 15 cars. Over a period of 10 minutes, they may do as many laps as they wish in order to set one of the 20 overall fastest lap times. Weather in this session is always perfectly clear, and tyre wear/fuel usage is turned off for reasons of providing the best possible opportunity for fast laps.

Q2:
The 20 fastest Q1 overall meet again. Here, they have 2x10 minutes in which to battle for pole position. Again, weather will always be perfect, tyre wear/fuel usage off.

I will fiddle around with weather files for the race. And no, it won't affect my AI driver, for reasons of him being just that - an AI, and I'm driving my wonderful safety car so there's no reasonable method I know of that can benefit me in any way. Besides, if there was, I would be taking douchebaggery to a new level by doing so :)

While all this happens, you may hazard a guess at where we are this week. I'm pretty sure I know someone who knows where this is:

Guess that track.jpg

I started work on my alternate/special event livery last night. How do I get it into the game's format (I believe it's dds)?

I'm using Photoshop, and I downloaded a plug-in but couldn't get it to work.

Well, I'm no Photoshopper myself, so I can't answer that. You shouldn't worry about it, though, as long as you can somehow hand it over to me I'll take care of it from there.

Qualifying for the next test race has begun.

A little reminder if you've forgotten how it works:

Q1:
Cars are split into 2 groups of 15 cars. Over a period of 10 minutes, they may do as many laps as they wish in order to set one of the 20 overall fastest lap times. Weather in this session is always perfectly clear, and tyre wear/fuel usage is turned off for reasons of providing the best possible opportunity for fast laps.

Q2:
The 20 fastest Q1 overall meet again. Here, they have 2x10 minutes in which to battle for pole position. Again, weather will always be perfect, tyre wear/fuel usage off.

I will fiddle around with weather files for the race. And no, it won't affect my AI driver, for reasons of him being just that - an AI, and I'm driving my wonderful safety car so there's no reasonable method I know of that can benefit me in any way. Besides, if there was, I would be taking douchebaggery to a new level by doing so :)

While all this happens, you may hazard a guess at where we are this week. I'm pretty sure I know someone who knows where this is:

View attachment 264264
Watkins Glen?

I love you. :lol:

You're welcome honey :D

Also, I should perhaps note that due to the limitations of the game / extra labour for me if I don't do it like this, Q2 will actually have weather changeability, including the chance of rain in one session and dry in the other 👍

Double post for spoiler:

News1.jpg

In the first qualifying session using the new, improved format, RACECAR manages to be the fastest overall in Q1 and is now favorite to take pole position.

Starting in Qualifying Group 2, he set a time of 1:45,945 - one of only two drivers below 1:46!

His nearest competition was AJHG1000 (1:45,953), who was the fastest from Group 1.

Q1 Results:

1: @RACECAR
2: @AJHG1000
3: @Ninners
4: @samurai8juice
5: @rallymorten
6: @Turbo_snail
7: @nascarfan1400
8: @goofytyler
9: @hsv
10: @Tired iron
11: @watertank
12: @Frizbe
13: @CodDemon101
14: @LasseLarsen
15: @raven214
16: @Crashbroke23
17: @Earth
18: @PatrisS136
19: @swiftsmith
20: @DCybertron
Eliminated:
21: @Skython
22: @BayneHamlin1121
23: @BKGlover
24: @Gerarghini
25: @DurWinning
You ask for highlights?

I'm hoping to have Q2 all done with very soon, hopefully have a quali-highlights video ready for tomorrow, then the race should be out Monday 👍

So I finally got around to revising my paint scheme, going for something that looks cleaner. But before I finish, which one looks better? Black or White?

Attachments

• gtpwhite.png
    gtpwhite.png
    374.3 KB · Views: 8
  • gtp.png
    gtp.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 9
So I finally got around to revising my paint scheme, going for something that looks cleaner. But before I finish, which one looks better? Black or White?

Based purely on those images, I think black is better, mainly because it's different to ~80% of the other cars :)

My parents are also about to experience hype getting real

[QUOTE"RACECAR, post: 10271388, member: 33994"]Is it just me or has this series single-handedly upped our painting game?

Also @Tired iron, whats your number?[/QUOTE]

Its 53 my good fellow.

Done.

nec-porsche-jpg.264696

Now let us see this in rendered form.

Attachments

• NEC Porsche.jpg
    NEC Porsche.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 93
Back