RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
11502895915_e2eaf36391_z.jpg

Points!

9739626388_1ce664f905_o.jpg

What's new:
  • cars​
  • physics (GT6)​
  • tracks (GT6)​
  • Night time racing​
  • weather change more prevalent​
  • wet and dry race strategy​
  • All driving assists off-excluding ABS​
  • Dedicated practice sessions throughout the week (P1, P2, and P3)​
  • Q1 will take place before race on race day​
  • Race lengths (2 longer races)​
  • Team strategies, teamwork, and team-based battles​
  • Go-or-go-home qualifying​
  • ...and much more!​

11502895915_e2eaf36391_n.jpg

Cars:

1: Alfa Romeo 156 '98
2: Audi S4 ’03
3: BMW 330i ’05
4: Ford Focus ST ’06
5: Honda ACCORD Euro-R ’02
6: Opel/Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6 ’03
7: Peugeot 406 Coupé 3.0 V6 ’98
8: Seat Ibiza Cupra ’04
9: Volvo S60 T-5 Sport ’03
10: Mazda 6 5-door ‘03

Those are the cars I'm currently testing. Some may or may not survive the process of elimination. Italicized cars have a premium interior view.

Important note: do NOT install stage 3 weight reduction in SEAT Ibiza Cupra. You will be asked to remove it. Even for testing, I can guarantee, it will not work for the full season.

Aerodynamic note: All cars must have the rear aerodynamic spoilers fitted. All other aerodynamic parts are optional. Teams with the Ford Focus ST '06 shall use the same "aero package" on both team cars (meaning flat floors and bumpers as well as the wings) for a uniform appearance. Drivers from each other manufacturer may install any "generic" rear wing.

Specs:

Tires:

Racing Hards
Racing Intermediates
Racing Full Wets
Weight:
Vauxhall/Opel: 1208 kg
Peugeot: minimum weight
Ford/Mazda/Honda/SEAT: 1200 kg
Alfa Romeo: 1200 kg.
BMW: 1290 kg.
Audi: 1330 kg.

Volvo: minimum weight

Power:

All cars: 295 hp
Peugeot: 305 hp
NO NITROUS OXIDE!

Schedule:

1: Silverstone National (sprint type) - with weather change - Northamptonshire, UK
2: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (sprint type) - Salinas, California
3: Trial Mountain (sprint type) - Salzburg, Austria
4: Mt. Panorama Circuit (endurance type) - with time/weather change - Bathurst, Australia
5: Special Stage Route 5 (sprint type) - Tokyo, Japan
6: Ascari Race Resort (sprint type) - with time/weather change - Ronda, Spain
7: Côte D'Azur (endurance type) - Monte Carlo, Monaco principality
8: Apricot Hill Raceway (sprint type) - with time/weather change - Porto, Portugal
9: Brands Hatch (sprint type) - with time/weather change - Kent, UK
10: Spa Francorchamps (endurance type) - with time/weather change - Ardennes Forest, Belgium

Race days/times:

Series races will take place on Saturday @ 8:30 GMT-0. Qualifying may be called an hour early, in the case of 30-40 needing to qualify.

Race Lengths:

Sprint Events

5 minute qualifying - mandatory participation - no late arrivals accepted
Disconnect procedure in place

50 km. Race 1
50 km. Race 2

Total = approximately 100 km. per race day

Endurance events

10 minute qualifying - mandatory participation - no late arrivals accepted
Disconnect procedure in place

25 km. Race 1
75 km. Race 2

Total = approximately 100 km. per race day

Qualifying System:

In ITCC 4, there will be no maximum number of entries. Anyone and everyone will always be allowed to join, except as penalized for poor conduct. However, in case more than 16 drivers register, only 16 of the fastest drivers will be able to participate, following a systematic qualifying race group.
For events with more than 16 entrants, two lobbies will be opened, with separate qualifying sessions. The fastest 8 from both lobbies will advance. It is expected that all drivers will attempt to evenly space out the lobbies.

For events with more than 32 entrants (however unlikely,) three lobbies will be opened. The fastest 5 from each will automatically advance. It is expected that all drivers will attempt to evenly space out the lobbies. The 16th fastest driver will also get in to the main lobby, behind the fastest 15 from the three lobbies.

For events with 16 or fewer entrants, there will not be go-or-go-home qualifying.

With no points scored for not qualifying, all drivers will be forced to push themselves to the limits to qualify or be sent packing with no points - in a championship, a 0 point DNS is a big loss.

Disconnect procedure:
  1. Inform the Race Director of the disconnect via PSN PM​
  2. attempt to re-join​
  3. Type in GT6 CHAT BOX "D/C"​
  4. If all 3 steps are completed satisfactorily within 3 (three) minutes of the race start, the race will be restarted.​

Invisible Competitor Procedure:

Prior to the start of each Race, all drivers will be asked to note the number of cars they see on-track, and compare to the number of people in the lobby. Take note of any discrepancies. If the driver who is NOT visible on track is tuning, spectating, or otherwise visibly doing something else, then there is no problem. However, if you see 15 people on track, and there are actually 16 people on track, this is a serious problem. You could end up inadvertently taking someone else off of the circuit. In that case, you must state "I do NOT see - and I will re-join quickly." If you return and the problem is settled, the race will start as normal. If you can not see the driver, it is caused by Error 697, and you may want to consider following Error 697 procedure to solve it.

Anyone who experience invisible competitor procedure MAY be allowed to race under the following conditions:
  1. the series host MUST be able to see you and all other drivers. This is highest priority.
  2. You must only be invisible to one driver, and you must not be able to see that same driver.
  3. You must continue to adhere to all driving standards as if you could see the other driver. Yes, you will not see the other driver who is invisible. You can not be involved in a crash with someone you can't see, as long as they can't see you.

Error 697 procedure:

In the case of a driver receiving the "Error 697: Host Incompatibility" message, the driver will PM the Series Director and will ask to receive points for that round. The round will continue, and the driver will score last place points for the races. There is currently no solution for Error 697 except port-forwarding and DMZ.

DMZ: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/playstation-dmz-connection-tutorial.272449/

Port Forwarding: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

uPnP (alternate form of Port-forwarding): http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/upnp

Team of Stewards:

For ITCC 4 and every subsequent season of ITCC, the following rules will organize an application process for ToS:
  1. Have a clean record with ITCC (no penalties in the previous six months)
  2. Have completed at least one season
  3. PM @ITCC_Andrew with Subject: "ToS Application"
  4. Join the team

The ToS will function as our official replay review committee, as well as help to test cars evenly. The ToS will receive insider information about the upcoming events and seasons, as a bonus. Any ToS member who finds an incident in a replay should report the incident to @ITCC_Andrew and the other ToS members. Each ToS member will be designated with a short segment of racing to review. The typical segment of racing to review will be one race length. We ask that the ToS members review replays of all viewpoints of the first lap, and all subsequent laps as necessary.

ToS will be called upon to act in the decision making process, regarding penalty-situations.

Late Arrival procedure:
  1. Sit out of the race until the next race​
  2. Lose points​

Sorry, if you're late, you're late.

Server Problems procedure:

"If PD/GT6 servers crash/experience difficulties/go down for maintenance during or immediately (36 hours) before races, races will either be re-scheduled or skipped, pending on situation. During preseason, the races will be immediately skipped, but during normal season, races will be re-scheduled to happen the following weekend, thus shifting the remainder of the entire schedule by a full week."

Registration template:

GTP: ITCC_Andrew
PSN: MrMelancholy15
GT6: A. Geier
Car: Honda Accord Euro-R '02
Team: Golden Motors Honda
Type: Factory driver/team (determined by series director)

Registered drivers and teams:

11598003653_527bdbbe41.jpg

11596535055_35aed28212.jpg
GTP: ITCC_Andrew
PSN: MrMelancholy15
Team: Red Rain Racing Team
Type: Factory driver/team

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 2
Consistency - 5
Qualifying - 4
Reflexes - 4

Driver Biography:

Andrew is a very fast driver in open air and traffic. Consistency is the name of the game, and aggression is minimized in order to continually prevail with a podium finish. Although Andrew lacks the pace of the faster drivers, he can quite often make his way through the field by taking advantage of errors of the other drivers through his own consistency.

GTP: TheYaShoe
PSN: Ya-Shoe
Type: Factory team, independent driver
Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 4
Consistency - 3
Qualifying - 4
Reflexes - 4

Driver Biography:

YaShoe is very similar to his teammate, except in terms of consistency and aggression. YaShoe is much more likely to dice with his competitors, almost as if to say "all or nothing!" Fast off of the line, and talented, he can make up positions quickly. He aims to win races, and certainly does, on occasion.
GTP: Ettick
PSN: Ettick_
Type: Independent Driver, Factory Team
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12937893924_4dbe57b55a.jpg
PSN/GTP: nascarfan1400
Team: Team Terror Racing
Car: Audi S4 '03
Colors: Black and Pink
Type: Factory Team, Factory Driver
Status: Racing, if laggy, will team manage under same guidelines.

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 4
Consistency - 3
Qualifying - 3
Reflexes - 4

Driver Biography:

Nas is an aggressive driver. He will find the limit of his cars and tires, and will reach beyond it, with some sort of driving wizardry. He can pull off highly aggressive passing, but simply doesn't have the pace for wins against the fastest. His main talent is in using his AWD to make excellent race starts and propel himself into the Top 5 within a lap... All without causing crashes.

GTP: buck1
PSN: buck_fast1
Car: Audi S4 '03
Team: Team Terror Racing
Colour: Pink and Black
Type: Factory driver/team

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 4
Consistency - 4
Qualifying - 3
Reflexes - 4

Driver Biography:

Buck is history in the making. She was ITCC's first race winner, and was part of Team Toad & Toadess when they won ITCC 3's B category, making her a champion of sorts, as well. Her well-balanced approach to the track shows an inner charisma and a well-thought out plan. She plans her races from flag to flag, and executes well. Although she doesn't excel in any particular area, she does everything well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

fprlogo.jpg

11880492555_99d9051e64.jpg
GTP: Dano20
PSN: GTP_Dano89
Car: Ford Focus ST '06
Team: Ford Performance Racing
Type: Factory team, factory driver

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 5
Aggression - 4
Consistency - 3
Qualifying - 3
Reflexes - 5

Driver Biography:

This British kart racer is fast. He and his teammate use excellent teamwork to their advantage to get the most out of their cars. Although qualifying and consistency are not the strong suits of Dano, his pace can usually keep him near the front, especially when he has the help of his teammate.

GTP: GTPCaine
PSN: GTP_Caine
GT6: T. Poole
Team: Ford Performance Racing
Type: Factory Team, Factory driver

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 5
Aggression - 1
Consistency - 5
Qualifying - 5
Reflexes - 2

Driver Biography:

The epitome of speed, Caine brings relentless pace to every race, every lap, and every corner. He drives with a mystique, with complete control of the car and an in-depth knowledge of the circuit. His fast laps are admired by fellow competitors. The only area he could improve is working through traffic. Slow reflexes and low aggression normally means that he doesn't take the chance to make a successful pass when his competitors make mistakes, which often sees him shuffled down the ranks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ascari Autosports
12024494925_0f66153b34.jpg

GTP: turbo_snail
PSN: boy-wonder_2000
Team: Ascari Autosports
Type: Factory team, Factory driver
Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 3
Consistency - 3
Qualifying - 4
Reflexes - 5

Driver Biography:

Blake is a jack of many trades. His reflexes mean that he can take advantage of the most minor of bobbles from his competitors, easily finding his way past other competitors. Although his driving can be slightly inconsistent, he has proven that - when it really counts - he can keep it on the island and take the checkered flag.

GTP: GTracer98
PSN: Driverman447
Car: Honda Accord
Team: Ascari Autosports
Type: Factory driver and team

Driver Ratings:

Speed - 4
Aggression - 3
Consistency - 4
Qualifying - 4
Reflexes - 4

Driver Biography:

Ciro is the most well-rounded driver in ITCC. He can do everything slightly above average. Whether it be qualifying, race pace, consistency or tricky overtakes, he can do it all. He and his teammate can certainly contend the championship, as he proved by narrowly losing 2nd place in the ITCC 3 overall standings, and being ITCC 3's Rising Star. He has a trophy cabinet for ITCC successes already, and he's just looking for more.
GTP: LancerEvo7
PSN: TBA
Car: Ford Focus ST '13
Team: N/A
Type: In it for fun - Factory - part-time
GTP: cnd01
PSN: cnd01
Car: BMW 330i
Team: Mafia American Performance
Type: Privateer factory driver
GTP: Harsk100
PSN: HarskGaming96
Team: Harsk World Racing Team
Type: Independent Driver, Independent Team
GTP: CAMikaze
PSN: GTP_CAMikaze
Car: Ford Focus ST '06 (Color: Perfomance Blue)
Team: N/A
Type: Independent Team/Driver
Hey I finally have good internet. Sign me up or whatever.
GTP: PsuPepperoni
PSN: PsuPepperoni
Car: ?
Team: ?
Type: Independent Team/Driver

Last edited:
Actually? I would expect less, because wouldn't people calm down?

ABS and heavy damage seem like two big deterrents... And ITCC cars are relatively easy to drive...

Yeah they are easy to drive for some, but for some even with abs have trouble slowing down and rear end you.

I'm really not sure what to think of that. This is why we're discussing it.

But, for this season, (4) I'm hoping to make the series as realistic as possible, (0 ABS, heavy damage) because the realism is something I've sorta missed in the previous three seasons. We had toyed with the idea of heavy damage, never actually gone with it.

It's up for discussion, but yes, indeed. I would prefer to have a cleaner season. Right now, there's not much of a penalty for hitting the walls/each other, minus the time - which can be made up - and penalties which are rare.

People are driving okay, but I'd like to entice them to try harder to keep it clean.

Heavy damage :lol: , like that will work... Honest Andrew.

Depends how patient you are. In the short term you might still get the divebombing etc. but in the long run those people will filter out and you'll attract a more serious and fairer racer.

However much I like no ABS, it never goes down well with a lot of people. :indiff:

Depends how patient you are. In the short term you might still get the divebombing etc. but in the long run those people will filter out and you'll attract a more serious and fairer racer.

However much I like no ABS, it never goes down well with a lot of people. :indiff:

Do you mean that, because of lag? Or...?

...Until you end up punted into a wall by an invisible race-god force and your piston connecting rod shatters from the impact... :D

Which has zero to do with ABS. Lag will have same affect no matter what.

We were also discussing heavy damage. :dunce:

Err,,,,

Do you mean that, because of lag? Or...?

Precisely, I'm trying to figure out whether you believe that it would be because of the lag or drivers.

No ABS wouldn't go down well because people generally complain about it making the car 'impossible to drive' or that it creates more incidents.

In my book it makes people think a bit more before throwing a late move as you can't just stamp on the brakes and pray. But an unhappy group of drivers isn't ideal.

In my book it makes people think a bit more before throwing a late move as you can't just stamp on the brakes and pray. But an unhappy group of drivers isn't ideal.

Sorry to confuse you, but that's what I'm trying to do - make people think about silly moves before they happen, to try to allow for a more equal shot in each race... Wherein, fewer drivers will be crashed out. There were some silly crashes in every season, and I'm just tossing about ideas for how to prevent them.

News from ITCC 4 google docs:

Balanced specs for the cars :D

This, I assure you, will be done with the utmost in seriousness.

Shorter quali session + slightly longer races

Qualfying sessions will be shortened (if possible) via turning collisions off and having a WTCC style qualifying session.

However, it will include a Q1 and Q2 session. All 16 cars will take part in Q1, then only the top 8 from Q1 will take part in Q2.

There will be two races per round - excluding enduros - which will equal to roughly the same length of racing as in ITCC 3 (125 km. per race day.) This means Race 1 will be 50 km., and Race 2 will be 75 km.

More variety in rounds, sprints, enduros, you know, just different things

Enduros will be held on every third round, at weather/time change tracks. Race 1 will be the same length, and the same structure (50 km.) but Race 2 will be double length - pit stop definitely necessary.

According to voting, expect enduro rounds at:

-Brands Hatch (8 votes - leading poll)
-Bathurst (7 votes)
-Spa (7 votes)
-Nürburgring 24h (6 votes; 86%/14%)

Daytona gets 4 votes
Suzuka East gets 3 votes
Monza gets 4 votes
Laguna Seca gets 3 votes
Motegi East gets 4 votes
Silverstone National gets 7 votes
Ascari gets 5 votes
Willow Springs gets 3 votes
Autumn Ring gets 2 votes
Deep Forest Raceway gets 5 votes
Trial Mountain gets 7 votes
Grand Valley East gets 3 votes
Rome gets 1 vote
Madrid gets 3 votes
Tokyo R246 gets 2 votes
Côte D'Azur gets 3 votes
Special Stage Route 5 gets 4 votes
Nürburgring gets 6 votes (86% 24h circuit, 14% GP/D)

Last edited by a moderator:
No ABS is a bad idea, people might be able to control the car on their own, but in a pack and when you are nose to tail you will just end up with endless punting and annoyed drivers.

I my self know that you can setup with no abs, but some people need to learn to drive, and thanks for the quote on the different round types, as well, do you think it won't be as fun being able to make your own team and run it?

'Semi retired race host"
to that I say bull poo.

That was a bit random even for an ITCC topic. Anyway...
I'm Australian , I could of said much worse.

Does any one agree with me that we should be able to have our own team names, and I can drive factory this year right, can Caine as well, I'm thinking of keeping the team going.

Back