RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
I run no camber with almost as soft as possible front springs and almost as hard as possible rear springs, LSD set to 5/20/5

Metric or imperial? ;) -8 degrees, you said :lol: you're not going to like Eau Rouge if you even get the smallest tap possible. I swear, the entirety of Spa Francorchamps is just a return back to Eau Rouge. :D

Open that ^^ on youtube, and in the description is the setup I've used pretty much all season. It does need a little bit of work for Spa, but should be a solid starting point.

Two things with the Ford:

1) The flat floor really hurts your top speed, so as Spa is a high speed circuit it might pay to take it off (I have two identical cars one with the other without so I can easily chop and change between them.)
2) Watchout for increased understeer when the turbo is at maximum boost.

EDIT

The setup in the video was with the flat floor, it doesn't work so well without it. But experiment with/without the floor and see what you prefer.

Also, can anyone remember the times from Spa practice the other night?

Last edited:
Metric or imperial? ;) -8 degrees, you said :lol: you're not going to like Eau Rouge if you even get the smallest tap possible. I swear, the entirety of Spa Francorchamps is just a return back to Eau Rouge. :D
I've heard that the more laps you do at spa, the more you have to navigate Eau Rouge

I ran a 2:34, I believe. I'll check soon.

Regulations update: With the availabaility of custom rear wings, these must be regulated to be within the constraints I'll lay out below:

Height: a maximum height of "+0" is permitted. Wings may not exceed 0 height above the starting point.

Width: custom wings may not exceed the width of the car's normal fenders. If a wing is seen which exceeds the width of the car's body - as seen from a vertical plane from the rear of the vehicle, the driver may receive a time penalty.

TL;DR: Don't put a massive wing on the back of your car - it won't do anything but it will look strange when everyone else shows up with wings that are relatively small, and you have the Eiffel Tower.

At monaco I literally ran -10 rear camber and 0 front. My setup was wild. Everything to do with rear car was maxed stiffness and front was fairly soft/medium. Transmission was set minimum 200 km/h for acceleration.

Did you lap that offline or online? 32's deffo in the ballpark, I had a slip up on the left hander (ironic, right?) leading to the chicane.

Time was in offline.

Best lap time from practice (online) from me was a 1:36....

Project SPA has made a huge difference...
image.jpg

Personally I don't bother practicing offline at all, as the physics are different to online racing, there isn't much point.

I once spent hours testing the GT3 cars offline, at Spa to come to think of it, I had a really nice setup. Flat through Eau Rouge, great turn in + stability. Anyway, then went online and the car was completely different, could no longer go flat through Eau Rouge. That proved enough in my eyes, online testing only from then on.

Latest Posts

Back