RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
One thing I did notice during the practice races we had at the weekend was loads of people running wide - I think this was mentioned earlier also. For example at turn 1 people would brake too late then just drive off and re-join at full speed, using all of the run-off and if anything gaining an advantage.

It's like the first corner at Silverstone but worse, IMO actions like this should be penalised.

One thing I did notice during the practice races we had at the weekend was loads of people running wide - I think this was mentioned earlier also. For example at turn 1 people would brake too late then just drive off and re-join at full speed, using all of the run-off and if anything gaining an advantage.

It's like the first corner at Silverstone but worse, IMO actions like this should be penalised.

Ruling was two-wheels max. At Silverstone, the run-off that I was allowing usage of was paved, and wouldn't cause other drivers to lose control. Now, at Spa, there's astro-turf at the edge of the track in certain places which will cause the cars to lose grip... That can quickly become a dangerous situation.

There were no actions for SS, I feel none at Spa either.
What I worry for is cutting Eau Rouge...

Cutting Eau Rouge will be excused once or twice (if it's clearly an accident,) since we're going flat-out through Eau Rouge and the margin of error is sooooo slim. However, if anyone takes advantage of it, 10 seconds per lap penalty.. Almost worth it to lift off of the throttle to 90% to avoid getting that 10 second penalty, right?

A True Testament to Saftey Advances
nascarfan1400 walks away from nasty accident at Trial Mountian due to ITCC V Safety advances.

Saftey Updates.jpg

During a test at Trial Mountian, nascarfan1400 had lost control of his car. He then hit the inside dirt mound just prior to the hairpin, and ripped a wheel off of his car, he then slid at 100+mph into the outside guardrailing. The car's shell was totaled, but due to safety advances in the new V cars, Nas walked away uninjured.

"After the injuries at Spa," Nas said in an interview post-crash, "I am very pleased to be able to walk away unscathed from a mess such as that one. Hats off to @ITCC_Andrew and the Team of Stewards on making the cars safer!"

This was a true testament to the capabilities of these V cars. It shall be interesting to see more as the season unfolds.​

It's still season four, so news still goes in Seson 4 thread. :D

By that logic, people should be discussing 2015 NASCAR during Bristol 2014 race...

Nope nope nope. I still don't really see a purpose in the "safety/medical updates," either, to be honest... If you have time to kill, write some race reviews... Let people know what they're missing out on, not about how safe their pixels are from "impending doom."

Relevance?

Anyways, @Dano20, @buck1, @Turbo_snail, @TheYaShoe, @GTracer98... Out of you guys, I need to know who's coming on Saturday, and I need to know whether you can connect to me. We'll sort out the connections shortly.

Nas - because people need to see this post, please no medical updates or random Russian nonsense. :)
Says the guys spamming the RACE convo about Licence Tests... :ouch: :lol:

Back