[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 4,582 comments
  • 246,732 views
Confirmed part-time driver. Don't even have a scheme yet. If someone wants to make a solid black car for me, just PM me and send it to me.

(#77 Chevrolet)

Ok.
 
Last edited:
News Reporter: The 2014-2015 GTPlanet Fantasy Series has come to a close, which means we're one step closer to seeing a former Formula One champion strap in to a stock car for the first time. Kuni Kino****a, a 2 time IRG Formula One World Champion, has spent her last 6 months split between her home in Kyoto, Japan and her race teams operating here in the United States. Asides from her decorated Cat Devil Racing team, she's driving for KANS Motorsport, a multi-team effort with IRG and VRR rival BRRT_Angel, nascarfan1400, and Silver Wing for the 2015-2016 GTPlanet Fantasy Series season. We had some time to follow her schedule as she prepares for 18 months of adrenaline pumping action.
In the Cat Devil Racing main office in Japan
KuniKino****a:
It's finale week for RACE and the GTPlanet Fantasy Series in the U.S., and for the occasion, I get to be an instructor for the RACE experience, where we get casual fans in some two seater race cars and take them around the track. Obviously, this is not Miami. This is my main office where my team's F1 and IndyCar operations are based from. I get to balance this with the stuff going on over there where I have my Caterpillar trucks being kept, the majority of the IndyCar pit crew and mechanics, and my KANS Motorsport pit crew. It's a big operation. We just got back from Imola where we've been shaking down our 2016 F1 cars, and I now get to make a 2,000 mile trip from here to Homestead.
*images of the flight*
NR:
What's the toughest thing about all of this?
KK: I think it's not being home. There's no rest. The fans see us race for 9 months but those other 3 months are just brutal because you're turning every thing around for another season. Any enjoyment and free time is rare and short lived. eatsleepRACErepeat isn't just a clever hashtag, it's a way of life, and in a very masochistic sort of way, it's our dream.
NR: How long do you see yourself doing this?
KK: Until I think I can't put 100% into it any more.
At Homestead Miami Speedway
NR:
How much do you know about this place?
KK: Not much. I know it's held pretty much every premier American racing series at some point, and I know it's unique in the fact it isn't a mile and a half tri oval venue. You have to approach it like Michigan and Auto Club. It's a card, and it throws a wrench in championship hopes.
NR: Have you ever raced here?
KK: Once in an Indy Lights machine. Those cars are a little lighter so I'll be learning with the fans.
*footage of the RACE experience*
NR:
For most drivers, this is just a way to be more connected with the fans, but for some, like Kuni, it's open testing you wouldn't be allowed to get otherwise. Moments like these will be crucial for the 2016 rookies to get as much live testing time at the tracks.
In the garage area
NR:
Looking at the calendar for 2016, what races do you feel comfortable with?
KK: The road courses and Motegi. Motegi is my home race. My back yard. I think it'll be the only track I'll ever actually feel comfortable at in this series.
NR: Is that a good thing?
KK: Competitively yes, without a doubt. Being out of comfort pushes you to find where that comfort zone is and how to get it. I'm only comfortable when I'm winning or at home.
NR: You are teammates with someone who has been your rival for well over 4 years at this point. What are the team meetings like?
KK: They're typical meetings. We're rivals, but here is different. We are teammates, and she has experience in these cars, so I have to learn from her a little to get adjusted to how this will all work. It's solid teamwork because we demand similar things from the car. She has a better idea of how to get a car to manage tires than I do, and what I need to give my pit crew so they can help me. I can't go and say "I need more downforce" or "Do I need to go to fuel mix one?" I have to relay if the car is loose or tight or pushing in the draft or if my car is overheating, issues that in F1 I never have had a problem with.
NR: Is winning to far to reach for?
KK: Never. I am a champion for a reason. I will find a way to bring some gold home for Japan.
 
So um...when shall we have another practice :p
 
Welcome everyone, I hope it's not too dark out for some of you easterners, but thank you for attending the reveal of the #30 Hot Wheels Toyota for TRD Racing. We'll have a short summary of 2014 and give an interview and reveal into insights for 2015

As the driver of the #35 Hot Wheels Ford for Team Hot Wheels, we entered the season with a lot of high hopes and expectations. Being one of the first drivers of the sport, partaking in several tests too, all but helped us cement that knowledge that we could do much.

However, as it turned out, just because you have the best paint scheme and most sponsors *humble brag*, doesn't guarantee you any sort of success. We may have had some good results here and there, but the majority of our results were either inconsistent, terrible, or just plain rubbish. We had crap luck all around, I myself drove like Milka Duno sometimes, and our guys at the shop sometimes took too much 5-Hour Energy™ and just had equipment that just wasn't up to the task. Our crew guys were off the pace, our builders and mechanics just dozing off, we were all just trying to figure out what to do during our first year of competition. We had our first top 5 finally at the last race of the season, but by then it was already too late; Ford and several of our sponsors had left.

However, not all hope was lost...

During the season we were in talks about joining a newly-formed Toyota team with @RACECAR and @DCybertron. Due to our already poor performances with what we had, this seemed like a wonderful idea given that a team would allow us to share information and put up better results. We decided to switch manufacturers for 2015 given our results with Ford. TRD Racing was formed shortly after, and with upcoming rookie @Clayton Hardy, it seemed as if we were ready to become a force to be reckoned with. We threw down several tests with the team at Daytona months prior to the finale in a Toyota. Currently, the #30 Toyota team is at California testing at Auto Club, Sonoma, and Laguna Seca of all places.

Our last result of 3rd for the season leaves us with optimism for the following season, so we here at TRD Racing hope you keep an eye our for us in 2015!
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png


Screencaps provided by Toyota Racing©
Here's a summary of what has changed:
Toyota 2015 #30 Gerarghini Hot Wheels/Dollar General CAMRY '15

-The C-Pillar was updated to include many sponsors instead of just one
-Organized the various logos to look like Menard's, Ragan's (MWR), and Cassill's sponsor organization with many on the 1/4 panel.
-Hershey's Co. is replaced by Mars Co. for 2015.
-Joe Gibbs Racing side contingencies added w/ Coca-Cola logo.
-Kingsford, Yoshihara Design, Target, MOMO, Ford, Safety Kleen, Tein, Loctite, and O'Reiley's Auto Parts leave for 2015.
-Love's Travel Stops, The Home Depot, Rocket Bunny, NAPA Auto Parts, NOS Energy, HAAS CNC, Caterpillar, Jupiter, FedEx, Axalta, Arm & Hammer, Zest, Autism Speaks, Valvoline, Kyle Petty's Charity Ride, Hoonigan, SEGA, Cheez-It, Finish, Lysol, Bounty, Hefty, XBOX ONE and Toyota join for 2015.
-Used a combination of the BR15 Camry template mixed in with higher quality headlights and tailights courtesy of an SRD member.
-Race suit updated with sponsorship throughout.
-Hot Wheels
-Dollar General
-M&M's
-Mars Co.
-Skittles
-Snickers
-Twix
-Doublemint
-Discount Tire
-Toyota
-Toyota Racing Development
-TRD Racing
-SEGA
-Axalta Coating Systems
-Bounty
-GameStop
-Mechanix Wear
-NOS Energy Drink
-Valvoline Oils
-Munitio
-GT Channel
-Rocket Bunny Body Kits
-The Home Depot
-Autism Speaks
-Zest Soaps
-Love's Travel Stops
-HAAS CNC Equipment
-Goodyear Tires
-Caterpillar
-NAPA Auto Parts
-Jupiter Band Instruments
-Microsoft Corporation
-FedEx
-McDonald's
-XBOX ONE
-Oreo
-Energizer
-Tylenol
-AXE Body Spray
-SportClips
-Magpul
-Hewett Packart
-Coca-Cola
-Polaroid
-GoPro
-OneMain Financial
-Gilette Razors
-Fatlace
-Illest Co.
-Colgate
-General Electric Reveal
-Honda Power Equipment
-Mitsubishi EDM Laser Waterjet
-Glad
-Hefty Reynolds Wrap
-Kraft
-Gain
-Finish
-Arm and Hammer
-Lysol
-Cheez-It
-Clorox
-Pedigree
-Takata Racing Harnesses
-Freightliner
-Doosan
-Lincoln Electric
-NATCA
-Shermin Williams
-MAC Tools
-Sparco
Thank you, thank you. Now, without further ado, let's get right into the interview with Mr. Interview himself!
I: So Mr. Gerarghini how are you feeling about tonight's big reveal?

G: Lots of stress just fell off I can tell you that much!

I: Well ain't that a relief huh? Anyways, so, 2015, new team, new make, new people to impress. What's your goal for 2015?

G: The same as everyone else's on the field: Win the championship by any means necessary.

I: Any means necessary you say?

G: There'll be none of that weaponizing talk going around between @rallymorten and I, but you know what I mean. I feel as if this new team will really help us get the results we want.

I: How does it feel being in a new team and driving for a new make?

G: Feels like hitting the reset button on your career, everything's different. Gotta make new friends and familiarize yourselves with the shops, and be sure not to accidentally say "I'm proud of my team's Hot Wheels Ford," as that's something I never have to say anymore. I just gotta be sure to say Toyota now and it'll be fine.

I: Early impressions hint at you being a Carl Edwards-esque driver and move. And halfway though the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Carl's 19th in points. What do you feel about these impressions?

G: Rubbish. A win's a win no matter what, and that's what this team is after. Nothing but wins, it's those wins that'll help us towards a championship indeed.

I: Confident in your ability as well as your team and Toyota?

G: A driver must not exist as a separate entity, he must give himself over to the race. And that's why I think we have the cards ready to play. Toyota will build fast race cars and I trust they will. My team will make great runs and I trust they will. And my crew will make great equipment so I can drive it to victory lane week after week. I trust they will.

I. Take a look at your teammates and describe them.

G. I feel as if we've got a noice and solid stable of drivers who can improve, worthy finishers, and a rookie who can learn from us, so I'm excited to see what's in spree for us.

I. Haha, alright last question. Lots of talk about banter; think you can add?

G: I'd like to give @banter tickets to the race down here at Auto Club, right next to my division of the TRD Racing shop. You'll get 8 of them, perfect for the family or crew. Come by and you'll also get a free GIZ. sticker!

Appears that's all we have time for! thanks m8

*Just to let you know, I will upload that Toyota template I used which should satisfy 2048x2048 requirements later today.
 
THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY TO CONFIRM YOUR SPOT!!! AFTER 11:59PM EDT TONIGHT YOUR SPOT WILL BE OPEN TO BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVENT CONFIRMED YOUR SPOT!!!

CONFIRM HERE: http://goo.gl/forms/ScaCPXQTFt


KANS Motorsport - Chevy

@nascarfan1400 #80
@Silver Wing #37
@BRRT_Angel #0
@KuniKino****a #00*

Team Kate Upton - Chevy
@Jahgee1124 #24
@DurWinning #20
@The Bman #25
@Doodle #21

TRD Racing - Toyota
@Gerarghini #30
@RACECAR #32
@DCybertron #31
@Clayton Hardy #33*

Raven Motorsport - Chevy
@raven214 #97
@rallymorten #95
@quietgirl #87
@rcb929 #12*

Furinkazen Autosport - Ford
@Furinkazen #54
@Michelin #99
@GranTurismo916 #60


Harsk World Motorsports - Dodge
@Harsk100 #96
@Tired iron #53
OPEN

Swift Autosport - Ford
@swiftsmith #50
@Ph1sher #39*
@Smurfybug #5*
@tbwhhs #2*

Autobacs Racing Team America - Toyota
@BayneHamlin1121 #4
@SVX #8*

Rubber Hunters Motorsport - Pontiac
@Whitetail #9
@Niku Driver HC #76

The Team With All The Money And Women And Super Cars And Super Long Names But Its OK - Chevy
@Jordan #10*

Chevy World Racing - Chevy
@samurai8juice #77
@GTRacer22 #22*
@AudiMan2011 #43*

Independent
@Johnny1996 - Dodge - #38
@BKGlover - Ford - #79
@Carbonox - Chevy - #74
@AJHG1000 - Ford - #51
@sparkytooth - Ford - #55
@Turbo_snail - Chevy - #52
@RESHIRAM5 - Dodge - #56*
@goofytyler - Chevy - #19
@vetteman24 - Chevy - #15*
@Dustone - Chevy - #88
 
I'm fine with my teams order :lol:
 
Just to be sure, I reconfirmed my confirmation.
 
I'm here, waiting for an opening... :lol:
 
KuniKino****a
Clayton Hardy
Niku Driver HC
tbwhhs
Jahgee1124
GranTurismo916
DurWinning
Michelin
Smurfybug
RACECAR
GTRacer22
Swiftsmith
DCybertron
The Bman
SVX
Doodle
BayneHamlin1121
BKGlover
raven214
Dustone
Harsk100
vetteman24
Gerarghini
Quietgirl
Whitetail
Ph1sher
samurai8juice

These People are LOCKED IN
 
KuniKino****a
Clayton Hardy
Niku Driver HC
tbwhhs
Jahgee1124
GranTurismo916
DurWinning
Michelin
Smurfybug
RACECAR
GTRacer22
Swiftsmith
DCybertron
The Bman
SVX
Doodle
BayneHamlin1121
BKGlover
raven214
Dustone
Harsk100
vetteman24
Gerarghini
Quietgirl
Whitetail
Ph1sher
samurai8juice

These People are LOCKED IN
RIP the Jordan dream :lol:
 
Wow. Nice to see some NR2003 stuff here! Might enter this when there's an opening or something.
 
Back