RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Here's what I'm getting

UG1dQHt.jpg

When I click either Yes or No, I get this.

2dZbO4I.jpg

I suppose the G27 does have something to do with it, since that's the only thing that changed... but it doesn't mention anything.

Nice desktop. PD approves. :lol:

Anyways, I'll just say the obvious; it's complaining about the G27.

The problem is, I played R3E (beta) with my G27, sans problem. So, I'm lost as to how to help you. :(

Has anyone succesfully been able to connect and play with a PS3 controller ?

My controller is connected in the game menu, but I cant change the keys

No mods for a microtransaction based game.

And, SimBin hasn't released any touring car releases? I'm curious if I should bother with R3E yet, or just wait. I'm not the biggest fan of RWD sports cars (like the BMW.) They're too finicky, for my liking.

You've played the game, no? Everthing currently released can be seen in the store.

I have. But, that was about two months ago. I haven't bothered to go back, since, as I was waiting for the releases of more content. If there's more content, I'll go back. :)

I like very much what I see with this developer, great news.

it's in open beta on Steam today.

Has anyone succesfully been able to connect and play with a PS3 controller ?

My controller is connected in the game menu, but I cant change the keys

I'm not sure about the ps3 controller, however for the xbox config, you can't do anything, not even navigate in the menu, the controller only become active once you're on the track, before it's totally useless, it's probably the same for the DS3, did you try to go until you're on track ?

Well I worked out why the password reset form didn't work, they 'lost' my profile. I thought I'd just see if it would let me re-register with all the same details and it did, so I can play again now.

Oh right, cool, thought it might've just been me as I hadn't been in the closed beta for long.

I just had a quick go in the Judd V8 and Panhard R52 on the Hillclimb and it's awesome. I wish more sims had proper point-to-point courses instead of relying on mods, though you do get some awesome modded ones too like the Project Kaido touge courses (as long as you don't touch the Armco) and Transfagarasan for rFactor. GT Ace's forthcoming mod looks great too.

I tried it with a plugged-in DS3 (using the MotionInJoy program) and it wouldn't recognise the controller, so I had to try it with a keyboard, which, suffice to say, sucked.

DK
I tried it with a plugged-in DS3 (using the MotionInJoy program) and it wouldn't recognise the controller, so I had to try it with a keyboard, which, suffice to say, sucked.

Umm you have a problem with your driver for the DS3 then since someone else just above you mentionned that his DS3 was recognized by the game.

Is anyone else slightly underwhelmed?

There's a lot of game stuff that they've done really well. Apex mode is great, the leaderboards and competitions are really slick and the interface is pretty good. I hope other developers take notice of some of this stuff. But the driving is just...it's not bad, but it's not great either. It's vanilla ice cream.

It feels like a fairly generic racing game with some nice stuff added on around it. It makes me feel a bit like I'm back playing GT5P, and for a game that's claiming to be a sim in these days of iRacing/RF2/pCars/Assetto Corsa that's not really good enough.

Obviously just my opinion, and I'll continue trying it on and off between now and release in the hope that they sharpen it up a bit. But in it's current state I'd say I wouldn't play it. There's only so much time in the day, and too many other games that are better simulators.

No I had pretty much the same feeling, it's rather sterile and doesn't feel like a huge progression over GTR2, only the content is currently much lower and there is no single player aspect.

It's in beta and there's a way to go yet so give it time :) There's also quite a difference between Get Real and Amateur modes ;)

A lot of people are commenting on how bland the driving model feels but I think a lot of that is down to people havng different wheels and setups, so it will take time to get it feeling right IMO. I found it very twitchy (been on closed beta for months) until I came across some useful settings I've been trying out with CSW and it's a new game for me, the car feels like it belongs on the road and the tyres dont feel over-inflated ;)

As for the pricing, it was always going to be a hot topic.
If you enjoy the racing then surely that's a lot of value attached straight away. You can race in competition and as well as winning stuff you can drive cars you dont own..

I dont really race online but I have GTR Evo on constantly at home and race the same 3 or 4 cars on the same 2 or 3 tracks regularly because it's fun and exciting...that's value for me, regardless of how much it was.

I'm pretty sure I'll still be on it in 18months time (and beyond)

I'm only interested in the Get Real model, not even tried the amateur mode.

I enjoy racing yes but the point is this game has plenty of competition, if I can get just as good a racing experience with another game why would I use the more expensive RRRE? The game needs to do something to make me want to play it over other games and at the moment it isn't doing so.

It's why I don't bother with iRacing. I had a 3-month trial for it a while back, it felt pretty good and I enjoyed the racing but I'm not going to pay for it because I can have just as much fun with games that cost a lot less.

I'm only interested in the Get Real model, not even tried the amateur mode.

I enjoy racing yes but the point is this game has plenty of competition, if I can get just as good a racing experience with another game why would I use the more expensive RRRE? The game needs to do something to make me want to play it over other games and at the moment it isn't doing so.

It's why I don't bother with iRacing. I had a 3-month trial for it a while back, it felt pretty good and I enjoyed the racing but I'm not going to pay for it because I can have just as much fun with games that cost a lot less.

Each to their own of course but it's only been in open beta for a few days so it needs a plenty more time to come into it's own and hopefully carve the same niche that the Race series has done over the years.

I tried iRacing, I bought both rF2 and pCARS and never touch them as neither gave/give me the instant jump on and race feeling of Race07/GTR and I'm confident RRRexp will do that for me, especially once the single player stuff is up :)

Each to their own of course but it's only been in open beta for a few days so it needs a plenty more time to come into it's own and hopefully carve the same niche that the Race series has done over the years.

The thing is that this supposely "open beta" is basicaly the same things minus the bugs plus the hillclimb that we got 5 month ago with the "teaser" version that was available on steam. Still no Multiplayer, nor any sort of single player racing. It's a pure time attack game as it is now. Contact with others cars are far from beeing good also. The adaptative AI is not too bad tho.

I dont know about you, but for me, I would have hope that the open beta at least had multiplayer and a race against AI. Usually the open beta is the last things that goes on before it goes into retail and since multiplayer was never tested, I dont know how they gonna do it.

The thing is that this supposely "open beta" is basicaly the same things minus the bugs plus the hillclimb that we got 5 month ago with the "teaser" version that was available on steam. Still no Multiplayer, nor any sort of single player racing. It's a pure time attack game as it is now. Contact with others cars are far from beeing good also. The adaptative AI is not too bad tho.

I dont know about you, but for me, I would have hope that the open beta at least had multiplayer and a race against AI. Usually the open beta is the last things that goes on before it goes into retail and since multiplayer was never tested, I dont know how they gonna do it.

It's definitely frustrating, I'm gagging for some single player :) at the moment I'm just enjoying getting to know the cars and tracks.
I cant imagine they'll want people to wait too long for the final product, afterall they want people to spend the money.

Indeed, especially when you look at the content pCARS has in pre-alpha state. I'm not comparing the quality/gameplay but purely in terms of content this beta seems lacking. It was my first thought when I got into the closed beta.

I'm enjoying the open beta. As I'm new to the race sim scene I don't understand the controller options for my G27. Is there a guide which explains all these options somewhere?

Game_2013_02_01_11_21_36_058_zpsbc320d94.png

Game_2013_02_01_11_21_47_837_zpsb79d1135.png

Game_2013_02_01_11_21_55_544_zps689e7c36.png

I've been tinkering with the settings but would like to know exactly what effect they have on handling. Thanks

👍

I tried iRacing, I bought both rF2 and pCARS and never touch them as neither gave/give me the instant jump on and race feeling of Race07/GTR and I'm confident RRRexp will do that for me, especially once the single player stuff is up :)

To be fair, none of the recent sims has provided a decent single player experience. pCARS is supposedly going to but there's nothing in place yet, and Assetto Corsa is supposed to have something as well.

If RRRE can get a decent single player thing going that would be a good niche in the market for them to attack. But I don't see single player meshing terribly well with a micro-transaction model unless they do something really revolutionary.

To be fair, none of the recent sims has provided a decent single player experience. pCARS is supposedly going to but there's nothing in place yet, and Assetto Corsa is supposed to have something as well.

If RRRE can get a decent single player thing going that would be a good niche in the market for them to attack. But I don't see single player meshing terribly well with a micro-transaction model unless they do something really revolutionary.

You have a point, the most recently-made sim that I've played with a decent single player experience was GTR2, and IIRC it's about 7 years old.

Back