RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Had a go of the Apex Hunt mode this afternoon, highly addictive and a superb way of learning the new tracks. Idea is to hit targets, usually on the entry, apex and exit of a corner, has beginner through to master and the amount of successful targets goes up and the laptime goes down. Master is very difficult. Great fun though.

I also understand the point of view of SimonK.
I don't think that getting a small content for free and extending it with DL content will make it a full game.

In fact, i think that all those recent free to play online sim works pretty much the same way.
They pretend to give you the choice by saying that with the downloadable content, you will make you own perfect game.

But in fact, at the end, its just a bunch of cars with some racing tracks.
And that doesn't make it a game.

Most of them are lacking of good single player gameplay.

Making single player content takes time and money for the game company, and that is why they are giving you a free to play game that is just totally unpolished and argue that it will become awesome with their DL contents.

So basically they just give you less but let pay you more.
Not cool!

(this was just my opinion).
And please forgive my non native English. :)

Well that was quick, the open beta is coming this week. This won't be news to any closed beta participants of course. All purchases will be for real when the beta opens.

I had a couple of days of it. Not really sure If I'm able to even say anything until next week so I've kept quiet. Disapointed it's over so fast though, wanted more time with it.

This is now available to play in open beta, meaning all content purchases are for real and it will continue through until the game is out of beta. Counting all of the current content (which is a fairly small list) will set you back £43 in the UK, so it's already more expensive than an off the shelf game.

The game currently only comes with 2 tracks, both fantasy tracks and the other 4 currently available have to be purchased.

Yeah it's not great is it. Also now it's in beta I'm free to say that the content is pretty thin on the ground in general for a beta. pCARS is still pre-alpha and has more to offer.

So I just finished downloading the open beta, jumped into an event and pressed record. Don't expect good driving, but it should give some people who haven't tried it an idea of the game.

I very much enjoyed doing this stage and it's definitely something I would like to practice and learn to be able to run a fast time, but I don't think it's all that realistic. It reminds me a lot of the Trailblazer events in Dirt 2 and 3, very enjoyable but a bit over the top in terms of grip, speed and in terms of how easy the cars are to drive.

Graphically it looks great to me, the engine sounds are good but they get old after a while due to lack of dynamics and not breathing enough at the top or bottom ends of their ranges, I'm not in with the crowd who believes they are amazing. FFB is a bit weak/floppy and unrefined at the moment, it can be tweaked and improved though.

Biggest issue for me is the pricing, it's almost up there with iRacing pricing and I was expecting them to be more competing with SimRaceway.

Did we have to re-register for the open beta? RR:RE claims my email address doesn't exist, which is... Well, just not true. I've done a reset password thing, it claims to have sent me an email but guess what? It has not.

Same goes for War Thunder, which I'm currently trying to download. I signed up for YuPlay in a hurry so I could play Wings of Prey, none of my usual passwords work so I have no idea what it is. Reset the password, they sent me one email, I clicked the link and now it's supposed to send me another. It hasn't. All I wanted was to do some new simming tonight...

So I just finished downloading the open beta, jumped into an event and pressed record. Don't expect good driving, but it should give some people who haven't tried it an idea of the game.

I very much enjoyed doing this stage and it's definitely something I would like to practice and learn to be able to run a fast time, but I don't think it's all that realistic. It reminds me a lot of the Trailblazer events in Dirt 2 and 3, very enjoyable but a bit over the top in terms of grip, speed and in terms of how easy the cars are to drive.

Graphically it looks great to me, the engine sounds are good but they get old after a while due to lack of dynamics and not breathing enough at the top or bottom ends of their ranges, I'm not in with the crowd who believes they are amazing. FFB is a bit weak/floppy and unrefined at the moment, it can be tweaked and improved though.

Biggest issue for me is the pricing, it's almost up there with iRacing pricing and I was expecting them to be more competing with SimRaceway.

Have you gone with the get real pack?

And imo its nowhere near iRacing cost. Add iRacings subscription into the mix and the cars are all around £10. RRE is easily cheaper. SRW is just a poor game full stop in my eyes, I have given it more than a fair share of chances. The cars are cheap as chips cos people wouldn't pay more.

Did we have to re-register for the open beta? RR:RE claims my email address doesn't exist, which is... Well, just not true. I've done a reset password thing, it claims to have sent me an email but guess what? It has not.

na you dont have to, you can't use the close beta client tho, you need to redownload the older version of RRRE that is available on steam.

More info here : http://cbt.raceroomracing.com/forum/

na you dont have to, you can't use the close beta client tho, you need to redownload the older version of RRRE that is available on steam.

More info here : http://cbt.raceroomracing.com/forum/

I did, well, the old Teaser was updated either yesterday or today so I launched that instead. Thanks though, no idea why it wouldn't let me sign in... And annoyed that they're not sending me a password reset email!

Have you gone with the get real pack?

And imo its nowhere near iRacing cost. Add iRacings subscription into the mix and the cars are all around £10. RRE is easily cheaper. SRW is just a poor game full stop in my eyes, I have given it more than a fair share of chances. The cars are cheap as chips cos people wouldn't pay more.

Yeah that is the get real pack, only driving aid on is the autoclutch. I'l have to disagree with you about SimRaceway. I didn't say it was as expensive as iRacing, I said it is approaching iRacing costs rather than competing with it's direct competitor, SimRaceway.

In my opinion (call it biased if you will), SRW has not only an edge in terms of value for money (free tracks, lots of low price content to go alonside their premium stuff), but also in the driving physics quality. Il give it to RaceRoom for having nicer visuals and for having stats and social features out of the box, but such things are already well on their way to SimRaceway in the very near future (early this year).

RaceRoom is likely going to be a great racing game, but It's just too expensive for what it provides right now and it doesn't cater well to the hardcore sim racers who prefer absolute realism, though I very much enjoyed the Touring Classics BMW during the closed beta, the above Judd V8 car is far from that realism.

Decided to download this... but I can't seem to figure out how to set up my G27 for the life of me. And the website isn't working. Tips?

It auto-configures once it's been detected. If you want to customize you'll have to head into options... and I want to say controllers - I can't remember exactly.

Is there any WTCC or other touring car mod/release out for the open beta? Anything close?

Or... is it just that, what I have on Steam as-is?

It auto-configures once it's been detected. If you want to customize you'll have to head into options... and I want to say controllers - I can't remember exactly.

I appreciate the advice, but it doesn't help. It's recognizing my keyboard under ID0 and my G27 under ID 1. I don't know how to make the G27 the primary instrument it recognizes. Creating profiles doesn't seem to help, either.

And let me tell you that you can't drive that car with a keyboard.

I appreciate the advice, but it doesn't help. It's recognizing my keyboard under ID0 and my G27 under ID 1. I don't know how to make the G27 the primary instrument it recognizes. Creating profiles doesn't seem to help, either.

And let me tell you that you can't drive that car with a keyboard.

:lol: Shouldn't even be tried, there's no throttle modulation in the keyboard. It's a major design flaw that enables us to type efficiently.

Have you installed the drivers? 💡 That worked for me.

:lol: Shouldn't even be tried, there's no throttle modulation in the keyboard. It's a major design flaw that enables us to type efficiently.

Have you installed the drivers? 💡 That worked for me.

*whistles innocently and installs the drivers*

Nothing to see here, folks! Carry on. T-12 especially.

:cheers: Glad it's an idea that might work. I might actually be the first one with the fix for something! (Always been late or wrong, before.)

:cheers: Glad it's an idea that might work. I might actually be the first one with the fix for something! (Always been late or wrong, before.)

Well now it's time to make it two in a row. I keep getting an alert that says it can't open the game with a user-mapped section open. So now we won't know if your advice worked unless this can get fixed, too.

Again, I'd consult the website, but it doesn't seem to exist when I click on any of it's links.

Well now it's time to make it two in a row. I keep getting an alert that says it can't open the game with a user-mapped section open. So now we won't know if your advice worked unless this can get fixed, too.

Again, I'd consult the website, but it doesn't seem to exist when I click on any of it's links.

Anyone sensing budget cuts among the Logitech peripherals?

Have you tried making a new user map, trying to either save the original map, or just create and use the new one, without touching the old one? Or...? Can there be two profiles on the Logitech Profiler, for one wheel?

I got my G27 working about 3 months ago (my birthday...) and have been a bit scared to deal with it since, as I'm not the best with computers.

Have you installed the internet? :lol:

:lol:

:sly:

(even in my own case, not Snaeper's, no, I haven't even downloaded the entire internet yet, I can't install it.) :lol:

Have you installed the internet? :lol:

I've never done that! Is that important? :sly:

Anyone sensing budget cuts among the Logitech peripherals?

Have you tried making a new user map, trying to either save the original map, or just create and use the new one, without touching the old one? Or...? Can there be two profiles on the Logitech Profiler, for one wheel?

I got my G27 working about 3 months ago (my birthday...) and have been a bit scared to deal with it since, as I'm not the best with computers.

Now you blew it. I can't open the game.

Back