RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
DK
You have a point, the most recently-made sim that I've played with a decent single player experience was GTR2, and IIRC it's about 7 years old.

Race 07 and all it's subsequent add one have decent single player.

All made by the Swedes making R3E. And, I'll agree, Race '07 is a great game, and I play it often because the AI is fast enough to keep up.

Tried this a few hours ago. Registered on website but does not allow me to login for some reason. Ended up just doing leaderboard challenge. Managed to get first position by over 3 tenths. Force Feedback and steering didn't feel right but good enough to drive half-decently. I am sure it could be improved by tweaking settings but left things as default.

Is it out of beta yet? I see it was just released on Steam.

Should I download it? Do you guys approve of it?

It's still in beta, mod in the official forum says it's probably a mistake from steam.

There's no multiplayer or any sort of racing yet, I dont see how it could be out of beta.

At the moment RRRE is still a time attack game.

Last edited:
bit of help guys,can my laptop run it if I download it ?
Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM 3rd Generation (2.2 GHz, 6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz).
Processor Bus Speed: 5 GT/s.
RAM: 6 GB DDR3.
Hard Disk: 750 GB SATA (5400 rpm).
Screen Type: HD BrightView LED-backlit.
Screen Size: 14".
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768.
Optical Drive: SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support.
Display Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Display Card Memory: up to 1.65 GB.

Just try it.
The Teaser ran on my 4830HD and the rest of my system isn't really quick at all.
Integrated, mobile chips suck, but it's worth a try.

Yeah the graphics really aren't THAT intense in this game, I'm sure on lower settings you'll be able to run it.

JvM
Not yet SP or MP, can only add some AI cars in the test sessions.

That's sad, this game got nowhere since the end of the closed beta. Am I the only one that is bugged by the fact that you have to buy stuff on an open beta ? And how can you do an open beta when you never tested the multiplayer or single player racing. That's just beyond me.

It just seems it's a good way to steal people's money. Take care guys seriously.

And I just found out that they didnt fixed some bug that was already there when I was participating on the closed beta.

I don't think it's stealing money, Simbin have been around for years and they can be trusted even though I agree they are going very slowly. People know exactly what they're buying stuff for though, if you don't think there is enough of a game to make the purchases you don't have to.

That's sad, this game got nowhere since the end of the closed beta. Am I the only one that is bugged by the fact that you have to buy stuff on an open beta ? And how can you do an open beta when you never tested the multiplayer or single player racing. That's just beyond me.

It just seems it's a good way to steal people's money. Take care guys seriously.

And I just found out that they didnt fixed some bug that was already there when I was participating on the closed beta.

Can you tell me witch bug that is, so I can check it?

To be fair, most MMO or free to play games are in a constant state of beta for a long, long time. Simraceway is probably the closest example. However, I am really surprised they didn't have multiplayer in the closed beta and still don't have it now, even Project CARS has multiplayer in it and it's still 'pre-alpha'. It seems like an essential thing for a F2P game and yet here we are. Previous SimBin games had multiplayer, RR:RE is still built on the same engine as those too so you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult for them to introduce a basic multiplayer mode even if there are only a handful of servers.

I'm guessing the problem is they don't have the hardware to roll out multiplayer adequately enough yet and are hoping there are enough people spending money on RR:RE to fund that, hence the switch from closed (free) to open (real money) beta before any actual racing was added. If that's what they're doing, they've got some guts... I like SimBin and I want this to succeed, but it just doesn't hold my attention right now and that's kind of a qualifier for wanting to spend money on it. I can imagine there are plenty of people who feel the same way so it would be interesting to know how much money it's making them in it's current state.

If you have an overclock programm running like oc guru, game wont show on your screen, process will start but you wont have anything happening on your screen.
I wonder if this is a bug, I have MSI afterburner running with no problems.

I played this for 5 minutes last week, and I was absolutely impressed just at the sounds, the immersion that gave me, after having played GT5 for two years straight. I sincerely hope Gabe Newell (owner of Steam) is granting Simbin money (as well as us, the audience), to get this game where it needs to be, by the time Steam Box hits TV's across North America this coming fall.

PD has real competition on its hands now.

And it really feels like I am at various points on the track, as I drive through it, it just feels great so far. I am also happy to see they have been really implementing lots of updates to their physics and car models, and require to redownload the whole game executable, that's a bit much imo, but perhaps it's needed instead of to repatch the thing , over and over and over...

The game sounds and looks really good, it's a different driving game, and keeping fingers crossed to getting the Nurburging Nordschleife track on it.

This is quite far from direct competition to PD, as it won't come to PS3.

I'd think Nurb will be in eventually, as they had it in their previous title (GTR Evo).

Seriously, why does no one just say what it is? Mobile & PS3 YouTube videos blocked... And my PC's like six feet away. Too far. ;( Way too far away.

What's now available?

Anyone know how to get the game to remember my settings? I would explore it further were it not for the frustration of changing settings every time.

In-game settings should be remembered automatically through a cfg file.

Peripheral settings, i.e. wheel or pad can be saved by making a custom profile for said peripheral.

Back