RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Important in RR is that you use cars with latest tire model and stuff to judge the driving physics:

Even the Greenwood Corvette? :mischievous:

Of course, that car is included. Although being able to drive it at 10/10ths deserves some sort of award and admiration.

:lol:

I can't see the picture, is it somewhere?

Oh, maybe I have an account because I bought all DLCs.

No, I don't have any...

Last edited:
clm3ejoo.png

Thanks for the image!

In the meantime I installed AMS1 again and it's still perfect. It's hard to play one game if so many awesome games exist. Unbelievable good times.

And to be more confused I tried after some time rFactor 2 and it's exactly what I like. Feels like different approach to physics. I like R3E very much but driving on the edge is very hard because car reacts differently than rF2 or AMS.

Finally dropped my toes into the ranked racing experience... The Cupra at Brands Indy is right up my street and it seems like a good place to explore and learn because of the low grid size. Qualifying is a little odd, with no one else on the track, but managed to sneak pole position with a 48.7xxx right at the end of the session :embarrassed:

I need to learn how to get the car off the line as I dropped two places from the start, had a good 15 minute run mostly follow my leader as the two guys in front ran at a very similar pace. Managed one overtake, but promptly made a mistake and gave the position back.

There was a little rubbing but on the whole it was a decent experience, much better than the "rookie" label would lead you to believe 👍 I look forward to making a little more progress and gaining enough points to open the other races up!

For those interested the 3.5GB update is live and ready to be downloaded. Then have some patience (which I haven't...) before the servers are online again.

Really curious about the much anticipated FFB improvements.

Ooh and the sparks and smoke are also nice for the eyes

Last edited:

Have to say, out of the box it feels very nice to me on a T300RS, just had to bump up the per car FFB one or two clicks, cold tyres are still tricky, catching a slide when the tyres are up to temp feels more intuitive, understeer is a little more difficult to detect IMO.

Mainly tested a Brands so far, but the Nordschleife will be the best place to look at clipping...

Have to say, out of the box it feels very nice to me on a T300RS, just had to bump up the per car FFB one or two clicks, cold tyres are still tricky, catching a slide when the tyres are up to temp feels more intuitive, understeer is a little more difficult to detect IMO.

Mainly tested a Brands so far, but the Nordschleife will be the best place to look at clipping...
I also have T300RS. Good to read your thoughts on the default settings. How have you set up your Thrustmaster Control Panel? I have not tried the update yet.

I also have T300RS. Good to read your thoughts on the default settings. How have you set up your Thrustmaster Control Panel? I have not tried the update yet.
Nothing special, just default with spring and damper set to zero, if you want stationary wheel feel you need to increase the damper setting according to what I have been reading.

I have only tried a very light Acelith carbon plate so far, I need to swap over to the heavier Ferrari 599xx wheel and see what that is like...

Thrustmaster_Gain_settings.png

Very good update from Sector 3! After the FFB, the FOV update comes in a close second for me. Besides the various options in FOV menu, I can finally adjust FOV while on track!

Did the track limits get a whole hell of a lot more strict since I last played? I go over a sausage kerb and it's cutting the corner? The other half of my car is 100% on the track.

Looks like Ferrari are coming to Raceroom

Nothing more than at ten second video with the Raceroom and then Ferrari logos right now, but given the #DTM on the video it would seem likely that it's going to be the 488 DTM car.

Last edited:
Back