RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Tired Tyres
This is why I don't like PC gaming.

I have a 3 year old never upgraded PC and it runs this beautifully.

I try it on a newer machine and I can't get it to run.

Which OSes are each machine running, and what hardware are they running on? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, i5 2500K (stock clock), a GTX 680 (factory overclock), 8GB RAM and on a Z68 motherboard. Running the game off the D drive, too.

Has anyone else got this running on an Nvidia graphics card?

I have no problem running it, I have a windows 7 64-bit, i7-950, a HD5870 (cat 12.6), 8gb of ram, running it from my secondary drive. Everything maxed.

Got it working just now, I have a triple monitor setup which was giving it problems. I followed the following instructions and now it runs perfectly:

eXiled on the Steam forums said:
To run your bezel compensated resolution you need to edit a file go here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData

and open the file Supported_resolutions.xml

Look for the 16:9 list which looks like this its near the bottom part of file
<one::Dx9One::AspectRatio>
<DualInt>
<width type="int32">16</width>
<height type="int32">9</height>
</DualInt>
<Resolutions>
Just below this will be the resolutions

I run 150 bezel comp which gives me 6060x1080.
you can either edit one of the sizes under 16:9 or add a extra 1 I added a extra one.
<Resolution>
<width type="int32">6060</width>
<height type="int32">1080</height>
</Resolution>

Once you edited the file save it and resolution should be selectable in game :)

The game runs smoothly for me, but I really can't tell that much about the game from it. The assists feel like they're completely masking the physics so I can't really tell what's physics and what's an assist. I did only do a single lap, though. I also didn't hear ANY tyre squeal which felt really odd but as I say I didn't really give myself a chance to really get a feel for it.

I am a little late to the party but...

Thank you neema for mentioning that bezel correction fix. That was driving me crazy...

Updated Fanatec driver 140 FW 150b; set a bunch of personal preference parameters in the RR ffb menu; and wow.

I love this game's ffb and the all the options they gave you. Win, win. Of course it could be better, but over all I am impressed.

Take note every other developer... This is how you support ffb.

The driving line that is based off of your fastest lap... genius. I love it. Don't know if that has made it into another title before... but man is that information helpful.

Hard to analyze the physics because it is set on amateur handling if I am not mistaken? At the very least there is some ABS and traction control going on there.

Looking forward to release. Too many good racing games coming out...

Looks and sounds good but someone is losing access to the beta in 3...2....

I guess I didn't get accepted, have to wait for the release I guess.

collage-670x583.jpg

So what do we have there? I'm sure other forums already have it worked out but I'll have a go.

Orange car looks like a Ginetta G50/5.
Bottom right is an Ascari A10.
Ferris Wheel is surely Suzuka.
CTS-V on the right under the ?.
Blue headlight is one of those Grand-AM cars, don't know the name.

Track looks like the Ascari resort track that was featured in an episode of Top Gear.

JvM
and a teaser of what is to come.
I'm slightly unhappy that I don't have a beta key yet. :P

I think I see a Gumpert Apollo and the R8 LMS in there, but I'd have to have a proper look using something other than my phone...

And so am I, but I haven't applied for one so I can't complain.

Top left: Ford Capri Group 5
Underneath that: Corvette Grand Am Prototype
Underneath that: Koenigsegg Agera
Underneath that: Ascari GT3
Lower left: Lambda Motorsports Ford GT GT/E
To the right of the Capri: Aston Martin Vantage GT3
Underneath that: 69' Corvette (white/blue) & Ginetta G55 GT3
Underneath those: ?
Underneath that: Ascari race resort (track with the trees)
To the right of the Aston: Suzuka
To the right of Suzuka: Possibly Camaro GT3
Underneath that: ?/?
Underneath that: Audi 90 IMSA GTO :drool:
Underneath that: Silverstone (new pit building roof)
Underneath that: Ascari A10

Sigh... great list for a game thats imho not convincing yet. Tried it at a friends place and wasnt impressed with most things except color balance and sound.

So psyched for the G55 GT3 and B6 GT3. Gotta love the underdogs!

Hope they include the R8 LMS Ultra 2012 and/or R8 LMS Ultra 2013 updates as the original R8 LMS is old and irrelevant. But I am glad that the Z4 GT3 is 2012 spec, FM4 & SRW are stuck in time with the 2010 spec cars.

Last edited:
completed list..Looks awesome!
collag11.jpg

EDIT: HUGE SCOOP!!
some new info regarding cars..
http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=744965&page=3
If you look at page 2 as well, you will find that they already knew of the licenses in November..the licenses that were announced just this past week..
another nice reddit link as well:
http://www.reddit.com/r/RRRE

Cars that are projected to be announced in the coming weeks:
Nissan GTR GT3 (prior Nissan GTR GT1 version announced already)
Audi R8 LMS Ultra (prior Audi R8 LMS version announced already)
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Carlsson C25
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Dodge Charger SRT8
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR X
Ford Falcon FG (V8SC?)
Ford GT GT1
Ford Mustang FR500 GT
Gumpert Apollo Sport
Holden Commodore VE (V8SC?)
Koenigsegg CCGT
McLaren SLR 722 GT
Radical SR9 Turbo
V8 Radical SR9
DTM 2012
WTCC 2012
LM-P2
some other random fake cars like the Canhard and DMD

And some pricing system akin to SRW's called VRP..

Last edited:
Guess I need to re-install this. I have had access to the beta for while... but never re-installed it after I secure erased my drives several weeks ago.

Maybe I can actually use my Fanatec now... I won't keep my hopes up though.

Quite surprised I just got accepted onto the beta today, going to give it a try later. Can't post anything about it of course though.

Quite surprised I just got accepted onto the beta today, going to give it a try later. Can't post anything about it of course though.

Yeah I got a email Tuesday with an invite to join the beta. Kinda surprised me also. Thought they where done accepting testers.

Same here! Just got the e-mail! Gotta read up on the agreement terms to see what can and can't be publicly talked about.

Just remembered about this thread so I've signed up for the beta. Here's hoping they want people with weird monitor configurations (triple 1680x1050 monitors is unusual, right?)!

I've been accepted for the Beta as well! I got the e-mail this morning.

I haven't done anything about it yet though.

I'm looking forward to it though.

New trailer info and pricing details for content:
http://insider.simbin.com/r3e-new-video-and-pricing-details/

SIMBIN
Individual car model prices range from 199 vRP to 329 vRP which is approximately 2 &#8211; 3,5 EUR. Tracks will generally be running from 349 vRP to 549 vRP or about 3,5 &#8211; 5,5 EUR. Tracks and cars will also be available from time to time in bundles. New game modes such as the Get Real package and Apex Hunt will be available for 99 vRP equaling 1 EUR.

Very reasonable prices, bit of a bummer that the Get Real package is extra (free version comes with what are described as simple driving physics, basically aids. Open beta releases next week with 5 cars and 2 tracks with 6 layouts. RaceRoom Raceway and the hill climb are the tracks.

Looking forward to that next week now then.

I've been playing for quite a while now and it's pretty awesome. The problem is that I dont agree for this kind of game (I mean the one where you dont buy anything but have to spend money and money again each time you want something new). I would rather pay 100-150 usd and be sure to have all content the game will offer.

I don't mind microtransactions becuse it keeps the game alive for me.

What i'm not a fan of is this "get real" package being one of those things you can buy optionally.

I'm really not sure about it, it's always going to cost more and be less value for money than a full retail package. People and Simbin will say the advantage is that you only pay for what you want but generally speaking most sim fans are going to be interested in a lot of the content, if not all of it.

Average of &#8364;2.75 per car means just 50 cars will cost approximately 137.50 Euros.

Even just 10 tracks at an average of &#8364;4.50 is another &#8364;45, so that's around &#8364;183 for just 50 cars and 10 tracks. It doesn't scream value for money, does it?

I'm enjoying the beta while everything is free but I can't see me getting on board with this, the same I haven't with SimRaceWay.

Same here, I only have interest for 1 pay for content sim and that's iRacing only because of what they offer which is still unique on the market and looks like it'll be that way for some years to come!

Back