Racers Reunited, Thanks chaps, Target 84 is over for now. Good racing with you, cheers!

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 207 comments
I have tried some cars at "Viking Motor Park-SWE-Enköping" and I have 3 suggestions. This is for next weeks meeting May 10th.

1) VW GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (1.000.000 cr) expensive yes, I have won mine in some event earlier.
2) SHELBY SeriesOne Suoer Charged ´03 (185.000 Cr)
3) Pagani Zonda C12 ´00 ( 389.000 Cr)

All cars is with Comfort Soft tyres.
I think all 3 will invite to close racing.

Last edited:
1) VW GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (1.000.000 cr) expensive yes, I have won mine in some event earlier.
2) SHELBY SeriesOne Suoer Charged ´03 (185.000 Cr)
3) Pagani Zonda C12 ´00 ( 389.000 Cr)

I hear what you're saying Hakan, and my comments would be............

It wasn't a right long time ago when we raced the Vision VW (I think), and, though it's a beautiful drive, the series one gets quite well used in the Seasonal TTs, due to its spectacular ability when compared with similar PP motors.

All this is my way of saying that I'd like to use the criminally underrated Pagani C12. It looks like a bit of a pixelated dog in the game, but it's a right blast, and surprisingly user friendly, to drive.

Cheers, Zo.

Gonna mix it up a bit for the first race tonight chaps. There'll be five minutes quali, followed by a nine lap race on fast degradation (this baby burns tyres and fuel), with one compulsory pit stop.

The quali session will count towards overall standings and the starting grid will be slowest first. Intense racing ahoy! (Hopefully).

The second race will be on normal deg, with no compulsory pit stop.

See you later 👍, Zo.

Back on the island. Thanks for the kind words. I won't be able to make it tonight either unfortunately due to a wee logistical challenge, but normal service should resume shortly. The trouble and strife is surprisingly cool with me "playing my daft wee game", means she gets the telly to herself for a couple of hours. Looking forward to catching up soon.

I hear what you're saying Hakan, and my comments would be............

It wasn't a right long time ago when we raced the Vision VW (I think), and, though it's a beautiful drive, the series one gets quite well used in the Seasonal TTs, due to its spectacular ability when compared with similar PP motors.

All this is my way of saying that I'd like to use the criminally underrated Pagani C12. It looks like a bit of a pixelated dog in the game, but it's a right blast, and surprisingly user friendly, to drive.

Cheers, Zo.
Hehe, I haven´t realised that you raced the Vision VW not long ago ( I haven´t raced it since I won it 1 year ago ) ;)
The Shelby Series one, I used a couple of times in online races but I very seldom do Seasonal TT´s :lol:
I don´t have any problem if we use the Pagani Zonda C12 as I think it will invite to close racing :cheers:

See you all tonight in the Lambo :scared:

Have you made up any names for the corners and features yet Zo? :P
Or are they, like the track, also nameless?

Hakan or anyone else...
Tarnheld will be using the VGTVW (roadster and coupé) in next Monday's Zero Cup meeting (no tuning). If you fancy a race with it. It's actually very good. I'm sure he'd be pleased to see you.

I won't be able to make it tonight either unfortunately

Here's my Scottish entry for tonight:

The Lamborghini Diablo #77 buybon355 Special Edition GT2 '98.
Driver: Roderic McDougall.

Scottish flag colors of blue and white with the wheels representing the white cross on the flag.

Target for the evening: Rock hard, ride free and finish on the podium for Colin.

nPsopl2shMF4BPuZbJ_0.jpg

I can't believe it. After we all left the lobby it said I had 1 hour and 40 minutes of recorded data
(from when joining the lobby until the end). It was recording in real-time.

However when I went to watch and edit the recording there was nothing showing. Nothing at all.
I must have done something wrong and that's a real shame. I had it set to record the race from my
onboard camera as well as everyone's mics. I even went with cockpit view and no HUD to make it a
bit more realistic.

It was out of my comfort zone to go without any on-screen information so that's probably why I struggled
more than usual.

It was fun though, good crowd tonight too.

That's a shame Jocke. :indiff:
Especially with you driving with a naked screen on purpose.

Over to Murry, aka Zolon. (If he saved it!)

Really good fun tonight with a really good bunch of racers who have fun but keep it clean. :cool:

Sorry to all I tapped and on occasions ploughed into!! :dunce:
Really pleased I was on the pace but I seemed to have real spatial awareness issues when overtaking.

Diablo was awesome and rocket was icing on the cake.:D Excellent track Paul. Easy to get a lap in but really challenging to make a mistake free run.

Sorry you didn't get the recording Jocke. I remembered the diablo races but forgot the rocket one!

Hope to see u all next week.
:cheers:

Nothing at all.

I feel for you Jocke. Hopefully you'll get to grips with it at a later event and we can watch a professional production. There wasn't a whole load of banter during the Diablo races yesterday I noticed anyway; everybody giving 100% to keeping it on the track. (even when 100% wasn't enough :eek:)

I seemed to have real spatial awareness issues when overtaking

I think it was a problem with the width of the aircraft carriers we were racing Suts :)

I'm going to make it after all

Good to have you back BB 👍

Thanks for the turnout last night fellas, ace track and inspired suggestion for a car; I wouldn't have ever considered it. I was amazed at how good the Rocket was around it too, we'll have to have a meeting there with 50% Rockets and 50% GSX-Rs in the future, with a car switch for everybody between races.

I sure am looking forward to blasting the Pagani around Viking Motor Park next week.

Cheers, Zo.

inspired suggestion for a car
It was quite interesting. I hadn't considered the width of the beast filling up the track though!

I've been giving the Pagani a spin out and it seems like fun. For the Viking track do I need to wear a horned helmet when racing?

I was amazed at how good the Rocket was around it too,
That's because the track was originally created for the Rocket, but then I made the last section a little too fast for it.
So now I've made a slightly modified version to allow for the Rocket's low top gear. The last section has been altered to reduce your speed before entering the pit straight. It might only just reach the limiter towards the very end now. The corner camber is also reduced back to a setting which I thought suited the Rocket more.

Look for Circuit Sans Nom -R

I've now got 6 tracks designed specifically for the untuned Rocket on CM tyres and I'm going to make a few more. Anyone up for a Rocket Race League sometime maybe?

Anyone up for a Rocket Race League sometime maybe?
Aye.

Here's a replay I forgot I had saved. It's almost four weeks old now but you might enjoy it
all the same.

Dustybin
Sorry, you have lost me! Black Friday was kind to me, Ps4 and a G29.
Ps3 and Gt all packed away now with no intention to ever plug it in again. You'll find me on PCars.

I've had many great nights with you guys, really enjoyable. Time for a new challenge!

Sorry, you have not lost me. : )
My PS3 is not packed away yet but it might see a little less action now than usual.

You might remember Dusty's old post above and now I've gone and found a PS4 of my own and
have been playing Project Cars for a few hours in total (most of that time finding a proper controller setup
that felt OK to me). The first few steps in the game was interesting once I found a good setup.

Here's the first race I took part in. Me and 39 AI (very nice AI in this game by the way) for 3 laps at Imola.

I haven't ventured into online mode yet, I'm still finding my feet and need to race a bit more offline.
I did take part in the Renault Clio Cup and managed to win that title by a mere 2 points
after five or six sprint races. I was very impressed with the AI again here.
The game's 'story-mode' is a bit flimsy though. And repetitive.

If you haven't purchased a PS4 yet but plan on doing so, make sure you find the 1200 series.
I picked up the CUH-1216A (released last year) which is an improved/updated version on the old 1000 series.
It's supposed to be lighter, quieter and less power hungry. There might be a few other improvements
as well, I can't remember.

I know some of you still remember the old BMW Z8 Club. :)
That remains one of my favorite cars and I found a 1:18 model of it on ebay,
it arrived in the mail a couple days ago. It's the first scale model I've purchased
since ~2003 (I worked evenings after school at Toys 'R' Us then and had employee
discount on all their stuff). It looks great. :dopey:
20160507_182142[1].jpg
20160507_182351[1].jpg
20160507_182608[1].jpg
20160507_182630[1].jpg
20160507_182731[1].jpg
20160507_182849[1].jpg
20160507_182926[1].jpg

Oh and @Zolon32
What would you say of extending Target 84 for an additional week? I know you love
to race at the TPE tracks and I've never had a chance to race anybody other than AI
at Motoyama Speedway. It would be ace if we could all go there with Target as a sort of
late addition to the schedule. Try it when you get the chance and see if it suits us.
cheers

For the Viking track do I need to wear a horned helmet when racing?

The horned helmet thing for Vikings is a fallacy Paul, fortunately. Hang on, that wasn't a serious question was it? :)

Hey, it turns out I can race tomorrow and I figured out what time! what's the best way to get the tracks that you race on?

Hi Zeus, if you send a F/R to Zolon32, JockeP22, (or just about anyone else on the thread to be honest) you can then pick it up from their shared list. I'll fire up the PS3 now and check on it through the day. Welcome aboard by the way.

I'll second that, can't get enough of the Rocket.

What would you say of extending Target 84 for an additional week?

I'm happy to extend it as long as there's any demand Jocke, I'm loving it 👍

Not had time to look at either of your replays above yet, but I'll get to them today. I would expect that many of the regulars here will be on PS4 within twelve months. Having said that, The track creation thing on GT6 is so damn good I'm going to miss it an awful lot wherever we go to next.

Cheers, Zo.

a 1:18 model
Snap...
IMG_20160510_114957_005.jpg

I used to collect 1:18 model cars until they got a bit expensive and I ran out of room to display them! Oh and they attract dust, especially the open top interiors.

How's about the Z8 around Jocke's Motoyama track? Should be fun.

Hey, it turns out I can race tomorrow
Good to see you over here. 👍 You know most of the guys from the Zero Cup anyway. You do have to put up with listening to Zolon talking though. :P

The horned helmet thing for Vikings is a fallacy Paul, fortunately
I'll put my helmet away then!

Nice video Jocke, as always 👍
I like the Viking Rocket :sly:
The Rocket race was fun altough I created a havoc at the start of our 1st race and then got dc´d. I tried to avoid Jocke at start but touched the grass and spun uncontrolled across the field and hit some of you, it was a big laugh but i´m sorry for that noob mistake :guilty:
Thanks for restarting the race.
The races with the Pagani Zonda was not my best but also fun anyway.
Thanks to Zolon for organising these evenings :cheers:

Love the Viking Rocket car Jocke. :D
Great if it was in the game.

Good fun as usual yesterday on a very fast track. Nice one Håkan. 👍

The Zonda felt great, a good choice. It was a track filler though. :)
The little Rocket always brings a smile and did allow for some overtaking.

On to the Z8. Or I should say a return to the Z8.

Hahaha @JockeP22 it takes courage to admit you like a band almost universally regarded as the worst of all time. You're definitely the first person I've ever admit who likes them and I doubt I'll meet anyone else.

Back