Racing Videos (Online / Offline)

For those interested there are yet again a few new videos up on my YouTube site. GTP_CerealKiller and GTP_DTWmetro are in a couple of them. I have a few more yet to finish with other GTP members which I'll also list here when they become available.

Edit: A few more are added, including one or two with GTP_TwistyBits.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TGPanjandrum

Remember to set your YouTube preferences to view in High Quality if your connection can handle it. All my GT5 videos are uploaded at high-enough quality that they automatically get a High Quality YouTube version. I know I keep harping on this, but man, they look like total crud in the standard YouTube quality, but very nice in the newer higher-quality mode.

Hey I remember these laps, those were some fun races panjandrum. Nice to race a sub-optimal 600PP car for a change, was using G25 w/ clutch as well in the DB9 and loving every minute of it.

Nice job keeping that 512 on the road!

Hey I remember these laps, those were some fun races panjandrum. Nice to race a sub-optimal 600PP car for a change, was using G25 w/ clutch as well in the DB9 and loving every minute of it.

Nice job keeping that 512 on the road!

Thanks. In many cases I also enjoy driving the sub-optimal cars. The DB9 is one of my favorites, but I can't compete in it as well as you did, and I like to have at least some small chance of getting a trophy.

Speaking of the videos. This project has become much larger than I expected, so obviously I'm enjoying it. I've updated my Channel layout a little to try to make it easier to find the more interesting videos.

I've also updated the videos yet again, this time with some races in the Ford GT (road car). I've put in a LOT of practice in with this beast recently in an attempt to become competitive with it online. The results are here:

As always, the originals are good enough to automatically get one of the newer YouTube high quality versions. I liked a few of the videos enough to put even higher quality versions up here:

http://gallery.mac.com/panjandrum#gallery

hi to everybody.
I have realized a video of a competition online to suzuka 600pp of the 18 june '08.
a beautiful amusing competition with GTP-001 👍, other pilots and GtexD-pivot (my friend).
I have unintentionally touched unfortunately GTP-001 and him have ruined his competition :guilty: , I apologize for what happened :bowdown:

the video on youtube not and' of good quality' (as those of.panjandrum :bowdown: congratulation for your video:tup: )
I put the link of the original file to unload of quality' best video.
a regard for the next video. 👍

link youtube:
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9jKHXWJOA4

download file rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/39893099/race_suzuka_18_june_race_1.wmv.html

hi:tup:

sorry i use a translator ...ops.....:nervous:

Thanks. In many cases I also enjoy driving the sub-optimal cars. The DB9 is one of my favorites, but I can't compete in it as well as you did, and I like to have at least some small chance of getting a trophy.

Speaking of the videos. This project has become much larger than I expected, so obviously I'm enjoying it. I've updated my Channel layout a little to try to make it easier to find the more interesting videos.

I've also updated the videos yet again, this time with some races in the Ford GT (road car). I've put in a LOT of practice in with this beast recently in an attempt to become competitive with it online. The results are here:

As always, the originals are good enough to automatically get one of the newer YouTube high quality versions. I liked a few of the videos enough to put even higher quality versions up here:

http://gallery.mac.com/panjandrum#gallery

I wached a 512 BB video from Fuji, can I give you some advice? You seem to use 1st gear a lot......don't.:) The only time you should use 1st gear is the launch at the start of the race, and maybe on the tightest of tight hairpin.(Think last 2 corners of Costa Di Amalfi ;)) Hey, if you race with the racing line off, do you fin it hard to pick your braking points from the interior view? Just that I'm thinking about getting the G25, and the only way I'd do it is if I can be fast from that interior view.

PS- Need a tune on those hard to control cars? Look me up some time.:)

hi to everybody.
I have realized a video of a competition online to suzuka 600pp of the 18 june '08.
a beautiful amusing competition with GTP-001 👍, other pilots and GtexD-pivot (my friend).
I have unintentionally touched unfortunately GTP-001 and him have ruined his competition :guilty: , I apologize for what happened :bowdown:

the video on youtube not and' of good quality' (as those of.panjandrum :bowdown: congratulation for your video:tup: )
I put the link of the original file to unload of quality' best video.
a regard for the next video. 👍

link youtube:
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9jKHXWJOA4

download file rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/39893099/race_suzuka_18_june_race_1.wmv.html

hi:tup:

sorry i use a translator ...ops.....:nervous:

Hello, good to see you are a clean and considerate racer.👍 I enjoyed watching you video.:)

You seem to use 1st gear a lot......don't.:) The only time you should use 1st gear is the launch at the start of the race, and maybe on the tightest of tight hairpin.(Think last 2 corners of Costa Di Amalfi ;)) Hey, if you race with the racing line off, do you fin it hard to pick your braking points from the interior view? Just that I'm thinking about getting the G25, and the only way I'd do it is if I can be fast from that interior view.

Well, I've got the gearing tweaked to be quite a bit taller in that tune so that I actually do use 1st. quite a bit. At 600PP the 512 BB is lightened all the way and has quite a bit of additional power, so having short gears just isn't necessary and I end up running out of a gear in the middle of a bend too much.

I'm definitely slower in Cockpit view. I find bumper cam much easier to judge braking points and apexes. But, cockpit view is so much more fun I pretty much never use bumper-cam anymore.

The G25 is great, you'll probably love it.

Thanks for the feedback about the vid quality. I worked hard at that :)

My only tips on quality are to use a reasonably decent recording device and the make sure that the video you upload to YouTube has at least a width of 640 pixels. That way YouTube will "build" two version of your movie, a "standard" quality version which is a very low bit-rate 320 pixel wide movie which YouTube then displays at 480 pixels wide by default (scaling it up 50% - stupid idea. It would look better to simply render the movie at 480 still using the crappy bit-rate). And it will build a High Quality version (this is a fairly new feature), which has a higher bit-rate for both video and audio (sound is much better) and is rendered at 480 pixels width. This is MUCH better.

For a recording device I just use a $179 digital camera in movie mode (records at 640x480 30fps).

Well, I've got the gearing tweaked to be quite a bit taller in that tune so that I actually do use 1st. quite a bit. At 600PP the 512 BB is lightened all the way and has quite a bit of additional power, so having short gears just isn't necessary and I end up running out of a gear in the middle of a bend too much.

I'm definitely slower in Cockpit view. I find bumper cam much easier to judge braking points and apexes. But, cockpit view is so much more fun I pretty much never use bumper-cam anymore.

The G25 is great, you'll probably love it.

Unless the power curve is really horrible then you still don't want to touch that 1st gear, try it.:)
Hopefully I can make that interior view work. I hate bumper cam with a passion, it's too arcadey.

hi panjandrum,
I use a video card it interns for recording the video.
I have also made a lot of tests with 640 x480 but not youtube recognizes always me the video of high quality' (once I have succeeded there but since then not more.'..), I have tried different codec, divx, xvid,wmv,mp4.........surely mistake me anything :guilty:.

thanks however for the suggestions lighthouse' new attempts
, talk to you soon hi 👍

p.s. Thanks nd 4 holden spd see you on the track .hi 👍

Haven't seen you around in a while doblo. Was that you talking when you got punted before the hairpin? Your voice is deep lol, and I have no idea what you said.:sly:

Haven't seen you around in a while doblo. Was that you talking when you got punted before the hairpin? Your voice is deep lol, and I have no idea what you said.:sly:

whahaha, yes it was me ;) , I had lot of trouble with this guy! Tonight I filmed quite a lot, my girlfriend is the hear on all of them. She was talking while I was driving. Must say, it is a challenge! ;)

Since you did a hell of a job on the TLD Viper, there will be a little tribute to that car :sly:

Hell of a car 👍👍👍

Cool video doblocruiser 👍

I really liked the double spin at the start very :cool: well controlled. Looked like some pretty intense racing too.

Wow, quite a bit of unfair driving on that vid.
Bumping the other on the hairpin and not waiting for him, and all the repeated blocking on the back straight and on the main straight... 👎

Exactly what we tried to teach him yesterday, but he still claim he is a fair driver 👎👎

I watched half of his video, and half the time he was trying to be fair I could see, but the other half he looks a little desperate to win and impatient. He just needs to calm down a bit and I'm sure he could be as fair as you or I.

Taken from last night's GTR vs F430 races

Note to self: Don't try to follow Hugo...

Thanks for posting, David. Vids are great to watch!

It also seems the driving in Prologue suits you really well. You're having an even faster pace than in GT4 👍 If you can stay away of the whisky a bit more, you'll stay on track more too ;)

Black/grey stuff = good. Beige/green stuff = bad. 👍

I just need more practise as I haven't played Prologue for about a month. I'm never going to be the fastest (wouldn't want to embarrass you.... :dopey: ), but I should be more consistent.

The online races is hard to go near of the other cars for the lags.
You think than u dont hit an other driver and result than you senden the other driver out of the track.
On the starts this is so frecuently as you know.
Some times could be tagges as unfair driver for this reason.

PD:SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Race win just ahead of Racer_LP

First lap and a bit of a race until I crash (I did continue and finish though). Watch as Racer_LP flies past me and disappears into the distance...

EDIT:

Lap 2 chasing Sphinx, then I outbrake myself...

Battle with flo76_GTRP

Race win just ahead of Racer_LP

First lap and a bit of a race until I crash (I did continue and finish though). Watch as Racer_LP flies past me and disappears into the distance...

EDIT:

Lap 2 chasing Sphinx, then I outbrake myself...

Battle with flo76_GTRP

Those vids were great..here are mine...so far.

Another Evo IX at Suzuka race from me. I have a good race with gtrp_easy. At the end of lap 2, I pick the wrong side to go round a recovering gtrp_Hugo. I saw him ahead, and he was moving towards the racing line, but then he must have seen me, and moved towards the pit wall, just as I did the same. :D

Had a good race with GTP_Stotty, whilst we were both chasing GTP_Beerz

Here are a couple new videos from Daytona Road 750pp. I love this event and have been driving it a lot in the Ford GT Road car. Look for "Born For Adventure" and "Be Afraid of Americans" :) in my Gran Turismo 5 or Favorites section:

Hope you enjoy! (As usual, if your connection speed is good enough choose the High Quality Versions...)

Latest Posts

Back