Rainmasters

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 183 comments

Dotini

(Banned)
United States
Seattle
CR80_Shifty
Who used what to win Rainmasters in International A?

I've seen some eke out wins with the Huayra and FXX, but I'm looking for the lower cost alternative.

If I remember correctly, I took the Mclaren F1 Long tail out for this one. Downforce is always good, and stay off the ideal line in the bends where it is possible. The non-rubbery part of the track has more traction when its wet.

The non-rubbery part of the track has more traction when its wet.

Maybe in real life, but I very much doubt that's modelled in GT6 and all you'll do is give yourself less of a run off margin should you go in slightly too fast.

Maybe in real life, but I very much doubt that's modelled in GT6 and all you'll do is give yourself less of a run off margin should you go in slightly too fast.

It has been proven by someone on these forums. But granted I can't find the link and I forgot the name they used for the thread. But they did it online and saw a noticeable difference in lap time.

Let me look for it though anyway.

EDIT: Found it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wet-dry-line-working-in-gt6.293795/

It is modelled, just like it was in GT5. Remember the special events at Nürburgring? Staying off the racing line was key.

It has been proven by someone on these forums. But granted I can't find the link and I forgot the name they used for the thread. But they did it online and saw a noticeable difference in lap time.

Let me look for it though anyway.

EDIT: Found it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wet-dry-line-working-in-gt6.293795/

The Rainmietser events have 100% wet track IIRC... ie; no drying line.

That thread just proves that wet/intermediate tyres have more grip on the wet parts of the track than a drying line, not that PD have modelled it being faster to avoid the apex if the track is fully wet as you would do if racing karts, for example.

In any case, that’s not realistic… inters or wets would have more grip on the drying line than they would on the wet parts of the track… though they would tend to overheat very quickly unless cooled by running through wet sections on the straights.

Unless someone’s tested specifically that rubber on the racing line makes it quicker to run round the outside of corners, and found it to be included in the game, I remain sceptical that PD have modelled it in the game.

Unless someone’s tested specifically that rubber on the racing line makes it quicker to run round the outside of corners, and found it to be included in the game, I remain sceptical that PD have modelled it in the game.

I was talking exactly about that. In full wet staying off the racing line is far quicker. The loss of grip when crossing the racing line full of rubber is very noticable and was already in GT5.

I don't think there is a drying line though. The drying is the same everywhere on the track.

I used the Racing Inters for the event also, and I also tried the heavy wets and found them to be a lot less useful than Inters...if thats 100% wet and full wets are not as grippy as Inters, whats up with that? I remember early on in GT5 Racing Softs are faster than wet tires....is this the same thing over again?

I was talking exactly about that. In full wet staying off the racing line is far quicker. The loss of grip when crossing the racing line full of rubber is very noticable and was already in GT5.

I don't think there is a drying line though. The drying is the same everywhere on the track.

Never noticed it myself and I think I had c.170k miles in GT5.

Never noticed it myself and I think I had c.170k miles in GT5.

Thats why I'm wondering you didn't notice. (I got 500k+ km, but mostly online dry.) There were even threads in the forum about it being key to do the AMG challenges in GT5.

Thats why I'm wondering you didn't notice. (I got 500k+ km, but mostly online dry.) There were even threads in the forum about it being key to do the AMG challenges in GT5.

I had no problems passing the wet Merc challenges just using a normal driving line... and I completed licenses and challenges 1st in GT5, completing them all in the 1st few days. If there was a discussion it would have passed me by as I'd already moved on to a new part of the game 👍

I'll test at some stage and see what I find :)

Im pissed off how easy this series was AFTER i read the forums and tried the rocket car. Tried it probably 10 times with the 15th anniversary Pagani. Even spent a pretty penny on heavy rain tires for it. It was totally uncontrollable the whole time. First time i try it with the rocket car i win with a 24 second lead after 2 spins. Quick note for anyone who doesnt already know it, stay off the normal line when accelerating out of turns. I tried it with soft racing slicks and found it had plenty of grip as long as you stayed off the main line. And for good measure (if you already have it), wear the Ayrton Senna racing suit for good luck. He was quite a rain master, after all ;)

I used the Jaguar XKR '11. A heavy and uncontrollable car for sure, but the AI is so freaking slow around corners when its raining so you can very, very gain seconds on corners.

Ok, I somehow broke the rocket car. Stomped the race at Spa. Hopped into the race at Le Mans. Couldn't catch up the the FXX so i backed out to try again with a new line up. Didn't change a thing to the rocket car, and now its struggling to brake 100 MPH. So I tried tweeking the trani and did the final engine upgrade stage. Suddenly the car goes like its name sake up....that is till i pass the first chicane down the mulsanne. Hitting 180 before the chicane, i come out and suddenly i cant hit 100 again. What the hell did i do or has happened to my car?

Back