Rainmasters

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 183 comments
Beat Spa with my Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 on Sport Soft tires tuned to 550PP.
Tried running on various racing tires first and car was uncontrollable with huge rear wheel spin and a front end that refused to track straight.

I beat Spa with a stock Ferrari 430 Scuderia, I'm currently using an Enzo for the 2nd race.

I bought and installed intermediate wets, and upon entering the race, a message appears defaulting me to Sports Hard.
I had the same happen. It may be a bug/glitch. I bought wet tires and was defaulted to Sports Soft. I was driving two gears up just to stay on the road, haha!

I had the same happen. It may be a bug/glitch. I bought wet tires and was defaulted to Sports Soft. I was driving two gears up just to stay on the road, haha!

after you pick car just go i race and then go to carsetup then you can get the wet one

after you pick car just go i race and then go to carsetup then you can get the wet one
Thanks! Did you buy your tires in the car settings screen(in race), from the garage car settings, or from the tire shop? I'm just wondering where everyone bought their tires. There may be a recurring issue in this race with the tires.

There's a glitch full stop with Rain Tyres.

In these races use Racing Softs - they have more grip than Intermediates and Wets.

There seems to be a general glitch around rain. When you drive the 24 mins LeMans it starts at 56%, goes down to about 30% and holds there for a while, then goes to 0%. I have better grip with RS in the wet than I do with RH in the dry. Also, the amount of grip at 56% is more than you have when the rain is increasing from 0%. Also, for certain periods of the race, the meter is at 0%, there is lots of spray and less grip. Spoils it for me

I used intermediates and also had the default tyre message appear on the screen, but when I checked on the car's data sheet it was still on intermediates. A race in the rain that prevents a driver from installing wets/intermediates does not make a lot of sense.

you can have inter and wet you just need to wait til you get to pre race screen where the screen show that it´s rain.

i used racing silks and had better control with them than with wet tires

I wouldn't have believed it... was struggling to get beyond 5th place at Spa in my McLaren F1 until I read this thread. I swapped onto racing soft tyres and got gold on the first attempt - so much more grip on soft slicks in the wet than on rain tyres. That, to me at least, is totally insane!

First places in all 3 race tracks with Mclaren MP4-12C
this is last race

I used a slightly tuned xkr-s. The only car that actually sounds decent and drives really nicely. Struggles on the straights but bosses the corners and braking, be gentle on the gas and smooth and all is well!!

Tried a One-77 that I had tuned (stupidly to about 1200bhp which made it utterly undriveable). That didn't work, so I used a LCC Rocket. Job done.

I tried several cars with "recommended" tyres. What a joke.
Btw, I've manage to finish after read this post and off coarse, tracks had no chicanes just one straight line, thanks to dumb AI.

Forgot to put on rain tires but won on slicks anyway. Only realized after a lap when I looked at my tire wear indicator.

Dear Polyphony Digital: Yikes.

INTERNATIONAL A - RAIN MASTERS
Car: AMG VGT. Tried the GT by Citroen but it is a bit slower in the straights and a real handful under braking. The little wing in the VGT makes a huge difference
Mods: None
Race 1: Very Easy. Well it is racing in the rain so as long as you have clean lines and feather the throttle out of the turns you are golden.
Race 2: Easy.
Race 3: Very Easy. If you know the track and it is not raining hard (still 100% wet though) then it is much easier than the other two as you don see the light reflected in the spray (because it is dusk/night time). I passed #1 right before the 1st carousel. It was almost cruising after that.

Back