Rainmasters

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 183 comments
Has anyone noticed any weird glitches? Only saying this because at the Nurburgring there was no spray from either my car or the others, made the race way too easy as you can see where the other cars are rather than slamming into them under braking

I used the Citroen GT Road Car and it worked great. I couldn't drive the Rocket that well but I didn't try for long because I figured it would be too slow at LeMans.

I used the '09 Corvette ZR-1 100% stock with intermediate tires. All 3 races a breeze, but also noticed no spray at Nurburgring

Im pissed off how easy this series was AFTER i read the forums and tried the rocket car. Tried it probably 10 times with the 15th anniversary Pagani. Even spent a pretty penny on heavy rain tires for it. It was totally uncontrollable the whole time. First time i try it with the rocket car i win with a 24 second lead after 2 spins. Quick note for anyone who doesnt already know it, stay off the normal line when accelerating out of turns. I tried it with soft racing slicks and found it had plenty of grip as long as you stayed off the main line. And for good measure (if you already have it), wear the Ayrton Senna racing suit for good luck. He was quite a rain master, after all ;)

Ive also found the IM tires have alot more grip in 100% rain than the wets. No issues with the 430 Scud with reduced LSD and IM tires :)

I limped through the spa race with the hydra 15th, and there is most definitely a difference in the rubbered in line, it was as slick as the edge of the track.

The behavior changed in the race too as early in the race I could spin up the tires and still go straight, but after a lap or two I had to short shift as an spin up would kick me sideways, as if the tires wore out but weren't showing on the indicator.

Is it a glitch with intermediate tyres? I was struggling to win with a FXX on Racing Wet, but I won really easily with MP4-12C on Racing intermediate, it almost didn't feel like a wet track

Is it a glitch with intermediate tyres? I was struggling to win with a FXX on Racing Wet, but I won really easily with MP4-12C on Racing intermediate, it almost didn't feel like a wet track

There's a glitch full stop with Rain Tyres.

In these races use Racing Softs - they have more grip than Intermediates and Wets.

In these races use Racing Softs - they have more grip than Intermediates and Wets.

Alright thanks, no wonder.. it was really terrifying to drive the nurburgring in a FXX on wet LOL

I used the 2014 Corvette (15th aniv addition but I assume its the same as the normal car). The AI is so slow around corners in the rain it's pretty easy.

Perhaps the glitch is with racing softs? I used the FXX with wet tyres, just had to go gentle on the throttle.

I'm pretty sure I used that GTvision Mercedes car. It was actually quite easy with that, I expected it to be a nightmare on wet track.

Used the FXX with wets.
Had to quit 1min into the race with plenty of cursing:censored: ,frustration:banghead: and WTF?:crazy: moments due to the car being un-controllable.
It was just spinning the wheels everywhere(even in a straight line) and the slightest turn of the wheel would result in the arse end of the vehicle overtaking the front.
Swapped to intermediates and it was better, but still had to feather the throttle.
Can't remember wets being this bad in GT5?

I used the new Corvette for Gold in all races. Somebody clue me in.......Why am I automatically changed to Sports Soft for these races. I added Inter. tires and got them changed to SS when I entered the race. I see others are using Wets, RS, etc..

I used the MP4-12C and didn't have any problems. RW tires in the first two races and RS at Nurb. No difference besides the RS tires let go in corners more easily.

I was also "switched" to SH tires, but when I checked, they hadn't. Pretty weird.

Just run Le Mans using the AMG VGT downtuned to 560 (Used it for some German only race) and on Racing Softs, 4.19/4.14 laps, fairly steady and no mishaps, althoug did see an AI Vette go flying off further down the road, too much spray to see what other car was involved and couldn't be bothered to watch replay...but good to see the AI taking each other out.

Rocket 07 , also won all the super licence events bar the lemans, combination of low tyre wear and low fuel consumption means yo don't have to pit

It's a Gordon Murray car, he of Piquets Brabham F1 car(not sure if he did the fan car?), various Mclarens and of course the F1

Back