Rally pack expansion discussion

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 214 comments
Fezz_ST
Fezz ST
On Facebook T10 posted some pics from a tour they took at playground games, these aren't really anything significant, though the sound editing guy has the game going and a dirt stage, apparently "you guys are going to love the sound" the other pic is apparently the team looking at hairpin ideas for the rally pack

image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

WEll, let's hope that they're including some tight corners. And tighter roads as well. I'd love to see a proper touge mountain pass. And a similar dirt trail, too. The roads we've got currently are wider and less curvy than Fujimi Kaido...

I don't think we're lacking curves, or that the roads are any wider than Fujimi Kaido's all-paved superfreeway. We just need more elevation changes and roads that double back on themselves.

If the rally pack fleshed out manufacturers with a number of FM4 carryovers -- of rally pedigree, naturally -- I'd be okay with that.

Evo 7, 8, or 9 would make me happy. If the celica GT4 could make an appearance that would also make me happy.

I'd be amazed if they added the ST185 Celica GT4 with full Safari kit and it didn't turn up in a rally mode expansion.

Sooooo... y'all are hoping for FM4 DLC ports?? lol

In this case, I'd have to say yes. I love the ST185. When FM3 had the jalopnik contest, I voted heavily for the car in each stage of the contest only to feel dissapointed that it didn't make the cut. When it was added to FM4 as DLC, it made up for it. I bought the pack.

I'm just hoping for some really good stages. I skipped playing Dirt 2 and 3, so this will hopefully make up for that. And I pray its not just dirt, i really want mud, gravel, standing water, etc.

I'm just hoping for some really good stages. I skipped playing Dirt 2 and 3, so this will hopefully make up for that. And I pray its not just dirt, i really want mud, gravel, standing water, etc.

You didn't miss anything with dirt 2&3 :lol: I played 3 and it was awful but I still love the original.

DiRT 3 was a shallow, bite-sized experience, but fun to drive. I waited for the Complete edition and I'm happy with it.

Sooooo... y'all are hoping for FM4 DLC ports?? lol
I considered going back in time and taking an international flight to Britain to convince Playground Games to release Horizon with a second disc containing the majority of FM4's cars. But I figured DLC would be a slightly more plausible way to drive the cars we're missing.

It won't be the first time I've paid to use a car that already appeared in a different game. Oh boy, that never happens ever.

In this case, I'd have to say yes. I love the ST185. When FM3 had the jalopnik contest, I voted heavily for the car in each stage of the contest only to feel dissapointed that it didn't make the cut. When it was added to FM4 as DLC, it made up for it. I bought the pack.

As much as I love Celica too, but inside my head I know i'll be paying twice for a digital car in two separate FM titles seperated by a couple monthes. It's not a good feeling. It's exactly like feeling with the BOSS 302 Mustang. Which was in a very recent DLC pack for FM4...

I guess i'm in for the ride anyway regardless due to purchasing the season pass.... :dunce:

DiRT 3 was a shallow, bite-sized experience, but fun to drive. I waited for the Complete edition and I'm happy with it.

I considered going back in time and taking an international flight to Britain to convince Playground Games to release Horizon with a second disc containing the majority of FM4's cars. But I figured DLC would be a slightly more plausible way to drive the cars we're missing.

Please also ask them to add multiscreen support and better tactile audio:boggled:

As much as I love Celica too, but inside my head I know i'll be paying twice for a digital car in two separate FM titles seperated by a couple monthes. It's not a good feeling. It's exactly like feeling with the BOSS 302 Mustang. Which was in a very recent DLC pack for FM4...

I guess i'm in for the ride anyway regardless due to purchasing the season pass.... :dunce:

I only bought a few of the packs in FM4, plus some random individual cars (mostly muscle cars), but I know what you mean. Feeling like you're being nickle and dimed is not the greatest. The only reason I would like the ST185 in this game is because of the dirt roads and the coming Rally pack which I think it would be great for.

1993-toyota-celica_640x480.jpg

Found this article, dated today. Never heard of this site before though. http://www.iconocast.com/11-18-2012/40/Forza-Horizon-interview.php

Cliff notes:

"A rally-themed downloadable content pack has already been announced, the first time the franchise has looked at taking racing off the asphalt, but don’t expect to be racing Sebastien Loeb’s Citreon – gamers will retain full control over how their car looks and drives.

“A lot of Forza is about building your own car so we have five classic rally platforms and then you can go in and rally-fy it by adding some really cool bodykits, the likes of which have never been in Forza before. There’s specific rally stages, so these are more like point-to-point staging like in a WRC type event, there’ll be co-driver calls and it’s very much of a rally experience – but it still has that party vibe. We wanted to do what it would feel like if rally came to the Horizon Festival.”

While similar downloadable packs are likely, Turn 10 is keeping their lips sealed on what’s next. The most noticeable absentee from the Horizon Festival is the truly in-vogue drift style racing – and Forza has an incredibly large online community built around the discipline – but Greenawalt would not confirm if this is on the table.

“We do have a lot of things we’re working on and looking at for future downloadable content and the like, but for now the only thing we’ve announced is the rally pack,” he says.

With the emergence of Horizon Turn 10 could now be able to finally adopt the game-a-year approach it needs in order to get true market saturation among gamers – but Greenawalt is cagey about that as well.

“The important thing [with Horizon] was to set up a relationship with a developer we trusted. Playground Games have a great pedigree making racing games, this was our first experiment with them, and that went swimmingly. I could not be more happy than I am with Playground Games. Does that mean that the next one is Horizon or not Horizon? I don’t think we know yet.”

So 5 rally cars, we know one is the 2005 STI WRX, I wonder what the rest are? The body kits options sound interesting, perhaps they will include the full rally kits like on the ST185 and the Legacy RS in FM4.

I wonder....can't wait to hear more soon.

Hell no! We'd end up with a Celica, the STI and three Evos? No thanks, I'd rather have a bit of diversity myself.

No no no no no!!! Misunderstanding! :lol: I would like one of those three evos because those generations look very similar and are the best IMO. I don't know why the STi is in there...

My guesses:

1. Subaru GD Impreza WRX STI (known)
  2. Toyota Celica ST185
  3. Peugeot 405 T16
  4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III
  5. Ford RS2000 or maybe Opel Kadett

My guesses:

1. Subaru GD Impreza WRX STI (known)
  2. Toyota Celica ST185
  3. Peugeot 405 T16
  4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III
  5. Ford RS2000 or maybe Opel Kadett

I wouldn't think another Ford since the RS200 is already there and its really the only known ford rally car. I don't think they'd add the Fiesta rally car because its not a production vehicle but that'd be a stellar addition.

Back