Rally pack expansion discussion

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 214 comments
How do you spot these things? I almost get tunnel vision where I don't really see the environment, just the road.
It's standing in the middle of the road at the very start of stage 2 (and stage 4). It jumps off of the road before you can move, so you have to enter photomode immediately to get to it.
I noticed you've beat all my new times I set yesterday but only got round to beating 1 of yours with the Hummer so far and then tested some cars for other rallies. At the moment I've got cars ready for all except the R3 rally which I have no clue about what interesting car could be competitive there.
Yeah I got the notice that you'd beaten my Beaumont stage 3 time, I ended up refreshing my ghosts for the whole Beaumont Rally because the existing ghosts were pretty old. I think there were another two in the Rockies, while I left my Montano Plains BRZ run as it stood. I've been keeping pole position on my friends list for almost all of the rally stages; I'm looking forward to fighting my way through your dust cloud. :) 👍

The Mitsubishi Evo 6 just barely qualifies for Red Rock (R3); otherwise AWD Euros like Lamborghinis and the Ruf RT12 seem best. I once built an Aventador J for it. :lol:

It's standing in the middle of the road at the very start of stage 2 (and stage 4). It jumps off of the road before you can move, so you have to enter photomode immediately to get to it.

The Mitsubishi Evo 6 just barely qualifies for Red Rock (R3); otherwise AWD Euros like Lamborghinis and the Ruf RT12 seem best. I once built an Aventador J for it. :lol:

No wonder I wouldn't notice it, I spend most of the time at the start switching views, I will have to go have a look next time.

I'll try out the Evo and Lamborghinis, the Ruf RT12 is a VIP car I think so I won't be able to do that for a while. Believe it or not the Honda NSX-R GT is an incredibly good rally car in S class, after about 4 runs on one of the Kettle Hills stages I got it up to 100th with lots of room for improvement in the first half of the stage.

I got your Rival notices last night, Lukas; I haven't gotten to them yet but I have some work to do. :D

MRs seem to be a decent fit for rally in general, as per classics like the Stratos/037. I really like the mid-engined 205 T16, it's stellar for A/B class as long as you can keep the turbo spooled.

I've been on a bit of a rivals binge these last few days including some other non-rally events. I tried the Evo which you recommended for the Red Rock Rally but it wasn't too exciting and it had a bit too much understeer for my tastes so I will stick with the Audi Quattro which was suggested, there aren't many Quattro's in the top 1000 on the leaderboard either which surprised me because it's quite competitive.

Also I think the overall rally leaderboard is glitched, it said my overall rally time was somewhere in the 40-50 minute region which is completely wrong as I'm averaging about 10-11 minutes per rally, I had a look at the leaderboard and saw that yours was just over an hour and thought that something couldn't be right there so I went through all my times and it adds up completely differently to what the game says, although it said I was ranked in the 2000's and the usual fast guys are at the top so I'm not sure what it's doing.

I haven't actually spent much time with the Sport Quattro...and that's one of my favorite cars. I'll have to stretch its legs while attempting some of these Rivals to-do's.

I noticed that problem with the overall rally leaderboard, too. My time adds up correctly so I don't know what the deal is. In the meantime I've relied on the leaderboard for each rally (overall) to gauge my status.

Back