Rally pack expansion discussion

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 214 comments
Some roads are new,

I'll admit there were a couple that I couldn't quite get to fit in my mental map of Horizon, but they were mostly connector roads, small parts of stages, not entire stages. My guess is less than 10%, and possibly even as low as 5% of the roads in the Rally Expansion Pack are truly new.

That's not to disparage the folks at T10 and PG. The extent of changes to the existing roads to make this rally pack is impressive. I'm sure using the already existing landscape allowed them to make this in a fraction of the time if they had started from scratch.

But I love Horizon for it's open world aspect. If these roads can't be driven as part of the open world, then it loses my interest quickly.

Well, I am having fun with it so far; just a couple of complaints...

Stages are fun, even though they're not as long as I would like; or as narrow for that matter (just as wide if not wider than the off-road tracks already in the full game; so several lanes wide).

Really wish they would have connected the rally stages to the Horizon world; but eh.

Handling/FFB wise everything feels good as usual; I play Forza on a Forza CSR after all.

AI times are ridiculous; good luck getting first.

Overall, its fun but I don't think its worth $20; if you're not wiping your ## with dollar bills then wait until the price drops.

Completed it all apart from the 2 online achievements in 2 hours. I thought the stages were fun and quite well designed although they could have been made a bit narrower. I think this will keep me entertained for a while though because I want to learn each stage.

Yes that is the authentic spoiler from the 2005 WRC

subaruimprezawrc_03.jpg

Edit- 2005 Impreza WRC, there is a slight difference between the 2004 and 2005 spoiler.

2004 spoiler:

subaru_wrx_rally_dc_dv_05_03.jpg

So they are using mostly reskinned roads?
Cars don't collect any dirt at all?
Do the cars properly kick up dirt/debris?
Replay cameras are the same generic ones? In their video they had a real replay camera. I guess it is to hype it up?
It is approximately 2hrs long to complete?
No cosmetic mods to other cars
The physics are still very forgiving (dumbed down for beginners?)

Surprisingly I got this from the official forums. I guess the people here are having a such great time to post anything real or negative about it?

Replay cameras are the same generic ones? In their video they had a real replay camera. I guess it is to hype it up?

Surprisingly I got this from the official forums. I guess the people here are having a such great time to post anything real or negative about it?

i totally disagree with everthing you just posted, i played for a few hours and didnt even get past the S class rally... of course i did alot of painting and trying different cars lol

the roads might be recovered or whatever but i dont remember anybody saying they were not going to do that, and the dirty cars is the same as all other forza games.

I won't be able to play this until later tonight, have too many things to do after I get home, but at least I will get the download out of the way before I sit down and play.

Of course, I just bought Skyrim and it was delivered today, so that may get my attention tonight too, we'll see.

Did you join this forum just to complain? You take a minor complaint from someone and extrapolate to make it seem as if the entire game is garbage.

I won't be able to play this until later tonight, have too many things to do after I get home, but at least I will get the download out of the way before I sit down and play.

Of course, I just bought Skyrim and it was delivered today, so that may get my attention tonight too, we'll see.

I probably won't be able to til Friday due to finals :( I might be able to squeeze in some play time tonight.

1. Yes.
2. The same as Horizon.
3. The same as Horizon.
4. Yes and of course.
5. If you're in a hurry, yes.
6. No.
7. If you race with all the assists on, yes. If you race with all the assists off, no.
8. If you are implying that posting anything negative about it equals posting something "real", then that's just sad. Posting something "real" just means posting your honest opinion. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize.

Thanks for the answers. These discussions were to bring out the good and bad. Not just all good. Don't you also think it's helpful for those that want to know ALL the ins and outs? This can possibly save someone out there $20. It wouldn't be fun if someone spent their money and finding out later that there a ton of things that wasn't included or you can't do this or that etc. So touching the negatives and complaints is not a bad thing IMO. By the way, this thread is not about rally pack praise and worship last time I checked.

I am sorry about being a prick guys. Have a blast with your rally pack!

Cheers

Thanks for the answers. These discussions were to bring out the good and bad. Not just all good. Don't you also think it's helpful for those that want to know ALL the ins and outs? This can possibly save someone out there $20. It wouldn't be fun if someone spent their money and finding out later that there a ton of things that wasn't included or you can't do this or that etc. So touching the negatives and complaints is not a bad thing IMO. By the way, this thread is not about rally pack praise and worship last time I checked.

Cheers

There's a difference between discussing weak areas and flat out moaning. It's not just the rally thread, I've noticed this with you all over the Horizon forum.

Cheers

Funny. That's what the people on FM.net did for the others, which is good imo. :sly: After reading some post there, I was able to save $20, so I'm all good. Let the others enjoy the pack if they find it fun, I won't want to jump to, "ruin" it for them if you know what I mean. ;) LOL :lol:

EDIT: Before anyone quotes my post, I wasn't saying anything negative in anyway. Just have fun with the pack. That is all. :lol:

I was really hoping that these rally stages would be an expansion to the free roam, not a separate part of the game. Now I'm glad I found out they are separate, as I just saved myself from throwing $20 down the drain on an insignificant rally "expansion" pack.

Seriously, why couldn't they just have incorporated this rally stuff into the free roam mode? There's tons of wasted space on the map that is ripe for expansions and more roads. They could have easily incorporated more roads and races in all that empty space. And on a side note, where are the mountain roads? I mean narrow, twisty, bendy, dangerously curvy mountain roads, not the rated G ones we got. The roads barely even go up into the mountains at all, actually. Oh and another thing, which really annoys me, is the crappy viewing angles when upgrading/changin rims, etc....

lol, sorry, but I just was a little disappointed in the overall Horizon package. I didn't mean to ramble on. I'm just glad there is a topic like this and glad that those of you who've purchased it and played this rally pack answered some questions. Helped me make my decision about whether or not to get it.

There's a difference between discussing weak areas and flat out moaning. It's not just the rally thread, I've noticed this with you all over the Horizon forum.
And you didn't even answer his questions. Instead you came allong all butthurt with a personal attack!

Funny. That's what the people on FM.net did for the others, which is good imo. :sly: After reading some post there, I was able to save $20, so I'm all good. Let the others enjoy the pack if they find it fun, I won't want to jump to, "ruin" it for them if you know what I mean. ;) LOL :lol:

EDIT: Before anyone quotes my post, I wasn't saying anything negative in anyway. Just have fun with the pack. That is all. :lol:
+1

And you didn't even answer his questions. Instead you came allong all butthurt with a personal attack!

I didn't because I couldn't. Haven't downloaded yet. I don't have anything against him it just seems as if he's let down by promises that PG and T10 did not fulfill. This isn't the case though, he has been left with a sour taste in his mouth and can't say anything positive.

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with my opinion and I'm sure he's not either. But like I said I've noticed this in more than one thread.

And "Butthurt".... Really?! Is that south park still that funny or are we in middle school?

There is something about the rally expansion that I dont understand. I have a few "new" signs at some car manufactorers which are NOT included in the car pack. Companies like Audi, Ferrari, Mini, ... . Did anybody already find out what that means? At first I was sure that there are some cars with rally-body kits for those brands, but I couldn't find anything.

I've got enough points on my account to get this, but would I better getting this or the Porsche pack for 4? It just seems it's a lot of money for not much gameplay, going off what I've read on here.

And don't forget the rally upgrades to make any car in the game capable on off-road conditions. :)

Yep, I am happy. It's a challenge though, I'm finding it hard to win on hard. May have to swallow my pride and turn down the difficulty :(

Found this review on the fm.net thread. Seems pretty even handed to me but could perhaps do with a little more discussion of online modes.

The pack is expensive for what you get but it is what it is. Those folks blasting through it in a couple of hours are either phenomenal rally drivers or playing on reduced difficulty level... some of the AI times are insane. See you on rally Rivals where I'm-a watch a few of Fezz's ghosts to see where I'm going wrong LOL.

I've got enough points on my account to get this, but would I better getting this or the Porsche pack for 4? It just seems it's a lot of money for not much gameplay, going off what I've read on here.

The Porsche Pack you get 30 new cars added and get 20 new events for the offline events list, with 10 achievements added for offline/online.

Whereas this pack you only get 5 cars and 28 (which go by 4 stages each mind you) for each event, as well with 10 achievements added for offline/online. Sure the 5 cars gets rally bodykits, but not the other cars, they only get rally upgrades that are in your garage, not visual bodykits. 1600 MSP to me is to much, you should wait until it goes on sell first imo

I have a question for those who have done all the rally races already. What's the highest class the events go up to?

The reason why I ask is because I won't be able to start Horizon Rally using my wheel until later this week, so I'm preparing my cars with rally upgrade setups in the mean time.

Back