Rap Listeners OnlyMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter sUn
  • 138 comments
  • 5,732 views

sUn

(Banned)
Messages
3,560
Well, here we can discuss new and awesome rap songs. If you are a hater, please don't post. 👍
 
new and awesome? a combination that i haven't seen in the past year or so

Eminem's Encore album is probably the best mainstream rap album of the year
Xzibit has one coming up

My all time favourites though:
Dilated Peoples
Jurassic 5
Swollen Members
Sweatshop Union
Deltron 3030
Digable Planets
I like some of Xzibit's stuff
DMX has a few good ones
Ice Cube
Westside Connection
 
I'm picking up Eminems encore album tomorrow. I heard it was leaked on the Internet so they put the release date forward. Might pick up Fabolous' new album as well.

Any other recommendations?
 
I just listened to the new album Encore's Never Enough, it's not bad.
 
I like...

2Pac/Makaveli
MC Ren
Dilated Pupils
Ludacris
Kanye West
Twista
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg
Marques Houston
Nate Dogg
Fabolous
Goldie Lookin' Chain
Chingy
Lloyd Banks
Jermaine Dupri
Jay-Z
Ice Cube
Westside Connection
Notorious B.I.G.
Goon Squad
R Kelly
Dizzee Rascal
Ja Rule
Fatman Scoop
Jagged Edge
T.I.
So Solid Crew
Petey Pablo
N*E*R*D
G-Unit
Estelle
LL Cool J
50 Cent
N.W.A
Xzibit
Mobb Deep

Thats most of them, some of them are sorta rap but I decided to put them in there anyway. I've lately been listening to Tupac/Makaveli a lot and especially the tracks Life Of An Outlaw, Bomb First, To Live & Die In LA, Temptations and Shorty Wanna Be A Thug. To Live & Die In LA and Temptations have been put on repeat a lot though over the last few days racking up many a few hours air time.

Well thats me.

EDIT: Silverzone, a Metallica avatar in a Rap listeners thread. :lol:
 
Nelly isn't really raping anymore with his Suit album. 👎
 
I'm not into rap as much as I used to be, but i still like some rappers.

If anyone is looking for a good rap cd, check out fabolous' new album Real Talk, Talib kweli's The Beautiful Struggle, or Method man's Tical 0:The Prequel.
 
I used to listen to 'Im So Into You' all the time. Im not into Fabolous' other stuff as much.

Also, is anyone here against listening to one coast? For e.g. "I don't like the East Coast rappers because Biggie shot Tupac" (I think that makes sense, even though there's no evidence against anyone on Tupac's death but lets no go there). I think this problem people have is stupid because both coasts make very good music.
 
eddieturner2002
EDIT: Silverzone, a Metallica avatar in a Rap listeners thread. :lol:

Yeah! Metallica Rules.:cool:

anyway, anyone see Mosh? Eminem's new video? It copies Chronic Future. But It made me lose Respect in Eminem Makin Fun Of The president.
 
The President should be made fun of. Anyways, onto the main topic.

50 Cent's Guess Who's Back Again, is pretty decent. I enjoyed listening to it. 👍
 
Eminem's Anti-Bush video was lame. With Bush winning re-election, Eminem looks more foolish. Funny how I would be the first to defend Eminem, but not this time. 👎

I have only heard one good rap song this year and it was by two dead rappers. I'm not sure what the name of the song was (something about ghettos), but it was by Tupac and Notorious BIG mixed together, simular to last year's Runnin'.
 
emad
...
My all time favourites though:
Dilated Peoples
Jurassic 5
Swollen Members
Sweatshop Union...

+ Mr. Lif
Dr. Octagon

and that's good.
 
i was pissed when is saw that video of enimem making fun of bush anyway my favourite rappers are:

Snoop Dogg
Eazy-E
Dr Dre
Nate Dogg
Warren g
G-unit (just)
Chingy
Jay-Z
LLoyd Banks

Favourite song of all time:Lay Low-snoop feat dre eastsidaz

snoops new album rythm and gangsta is comming out soon DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!
 
i can't believe I forgot to mention The Pharcyde
 
R.Kelly and Jay Z's Unfinished Business is totally the best CD I've heard in awhile. 👍
 
Dead Celebrity Status is cool... but they're like half rap, half rock so idunno if they'd fit here.
 
So they are sorta like Run DMC?

I like Ludacris, DMX, Tupac, Dr Dre, and Snoop Dogg and NERD and bascially everyone (else) from NWA.
 
Integra Type R
So they are sorta like Run DMC?

I like Ludacris, DMX, Tupac, Dr Dre, and Snoop Dogg and NERD and bascially everyone (else) from NWA.
I'd say they're closer to the rock side of things. Still, they're pretty cool and the beats/instrumentals are awesome
 
For my money theres no better rappers than Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. I have all of their cd's and all of them are awesome.
 
hey, gt4 long time no see. anyway, I also kinda like Lil Jon's stuff.
 
sUn
Well, here we can discuss new and awesome rap songs. If you are a hater, please don't post. 👍

That's weird, since the best rap came before 1996.
 
ROAD_DOGG33J
That's weird, since the best rap came before 1996.

According to you. Get lost.

New rap stuff, I really like the new Beastie Boys album, and especially their single Check It Out.

And Snoop/Pharrells new single "Drop It Like It's Hot" also is very good but I'm not sure if it fits into the rap category.

Anyone interested in foreign rap I can reccomend Promoe - Long Distance Runner, Very good Swedish rap.
 
My sister borrowed ten dollars from me today to buy Eminem's new ****ty album. I'd better not have to listen to it for the next six months. Rap's cool, but like every other genre, most of it is crap.

Good:

Foreign Exchange
Kool Keith (Dr. Dooom, Dr. Octagon, Blackula, et cetera)
Sage Francis
Non-Prophets
Anticon
Sole
Atmosphere
Mc Frontalot
Ultramagnetic MCs
Blackalicious
Deltron 3030

Bad:

Eminem
50 Cent
Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre
Jay-Z
Nelly
Tupac
Ludacris
Fabolous
D12
Ja Rule
 
50 Cent
Snoop Dogg
Jay-Z
Nelly
Tupac
Memphis Bleek

Total ownage. I love R.Kelly and Jay-Z's Unfinished Business. My new favourite album. 👍
 
The Outlawz were good too, do they still do stuff now or are they not together after 'thingy's' (can't remember which one) death and all.
 
Sorry to be off topic, but I just heard that ODB has died. I Think he was only 38.
 
eddieturner2002
The Outlawz were good too, do they still do stuff now or are they not together after 'thingy's' (can't remember which one) death and all.
I've got this Tupac and The Outlawz album... it's easily pac's best one. I'm surprised that his other ones get more highly regarded considering that a lot of his stuff is/was pretty crappy
 
Have you heard R.Kelly and JayZ's Unfinished Business, the song The Return and The Return Remix, are probably my favourite songs in there.
 
Back