Rap Listeners OnlyMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter sUn
  • 138 comments
  • 5,732 views
GTJugend
Wow, I'me awesome. Or am I back in the corner

Your awesome level just went down the toilet. You want to know why? Here.

What is "I'me" is that a new word? Also, you forgot to end the sentence with a question mark. You suck now.

EDIT: Blah, you just edited your message!! Not only did you edit your message but you replace it with the wrong mark! It should be a question mark not a period! Gosh!
 
rollazn
Your awesome level just went down the toilet. You want to know why? Here.

What is "I'me" is that a new word? Also, you forgot to end the sentence with a question mark. You suck now.

EDIT: Blah, you just edited your message!! Not only did you edit your message but you replace it with the wrong mark! It should be a question mark not a period! Gosh!

:lol:

I Truly must be awesome.
 
Klostrophobic
My sister borrowed ten dollars from me today to buy Eminem's new ****ty album. I'd better not have to listen to it for the next six months. Rap's cool, but like every other genre, most of it is crap.

Good:

Foreign Exchange
Kool Keith (Dr. Dooom, Dr. Octagon, Blackula, et cetera)
Sage Francis
Non-Prophets
Anticon
Sole
Atmosphere
Mc Frontalot
Ultramagnetic MCs
Blackalicious
Deltron 3030

Bad:

Eminem
50 Cent
Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre
Jay-Z
Nelly
Tupac
Ludacris
Fabolous
D12
Ja Rule

MC Frontalot is great, I can't take him very seriously though.
 
What about K-Os? does his stuff qualify as rap, cuz its kind of a mishmash of everything, I just picked up the Encore album today, not too bad. I thought the Mosh video was amazing. He wasn't making fun of Bush (although I would have), he was revolting against him and simply expressing his right as a citizen to excercise free speach. I'm pro.
 
Beastie Boys Own. and LP + Jay Z Collision Course was awesome.
 
Beastie Boys suck. I really dislike them. Jay Z sucks, I dislike him also. Linkin Park is a good rock/rap band. They are pretty good.

Worse entertainer of all time has to be "Lil Jon". Can't stand that dude, he never really raps all he do is scream out the same words over and over. Have you notice majority of the words that he say is less than 4 characters. "Let Go!" "What? Okay!"

Best rapper of all time : Canibus
Worse rapper of all time : Lil Jon
 
I like

Eminem
Tupac
Westside Connection
Jadakiss
Lil' Jon
Lil' Flip
T I
Twista
Jay-Z ( Jay-Z & LP )
Snoop Dog

And these are my second
The game
50 cent
Crime mob
Akon Styles
and more.

I like rap but, dont really " love " it but i listen to it when im bored
or at school.
 
I like that song "New York" with Ja Rule, Fat Joe, and Jadakiss. 👍

(for obvious reasons) :sly:
 
MrktMkr1986
I like that song "New York" with Ja Rule, Fat Joe, and Jadakiss. 👍

(for obvious reasons) :sly:

Ja Rule is terrible. Fat Joe and Jadakiss are way too good to even be on the same track as Ja Rule.

Jadakiss is awesome. 👍
 
rollazn
Ja Rule is terrible. Fat Joe and Jadakiss are way too good to even be on the same track as Ja Rule.

Jadakiss is awesome. 👍

I know... but they're all from New York, and as far as I know, none of them have any beef each other... otherwise I would've been cool to hear 50 Cent on the soundtrack too... :cool:
 
MrktMkr1986
I know... but they're all from New York, and as far as I know, none of them have any beef each other... otherwise I would've been cool to hear 50 Cent on the soundtrack too... :cool:

Speaking of 50 Cent, he seems to have a problem with Jadakiss and Fat Joe. I have heard/read a lot of topics on how it is a huge beef . Not only is it 50 Cent vs Jadakiss, I heard it was the whole G-unit vs D block. Aside from that 50 Cent have a problem with Fat Joe, so if Fat Joe wants to battle, it will be Terror Squad vs G-unit.

:lol:

What-ever. 50 cent would get ripped by Jadakiss or Fat Joe. Ha-ha!
 
rollazn
Speaking of 50 Cent, he seems to have a problem with Jadakiss and Fat Joe. I have heard/read a lot of topics on how it is a huge beef . Not only is it 50 Cent vs Jadakiss, I heard it was the whole G-unit vs D block. Aside from that 50 Cent have a problem with Fat Joe, so if Fat Joe wants to battle, it will be Terror Squad vs G-unit.

:lol:

What-ever. 50 cent would get ripped by Jadakiss or Fat Joe. Ha-ha!


I think so too! I just read somewhere that Jadakiss is from Yonkers, NY. That's my hometown.
 
MrktMkr1986
I think so too! I just read somewhere that Jadakiss is from Yonkers, NY. That's my hometown.

Jadakiss has real talent. I think the only reason Jadakiss and Fat Joe was on the "New York" track is just to rep for New York. They both don't seem to be that tight with Ja Rule. 50 cent is mad because he know if he go after either Kiss or Joe, he would get ripped... unless Eminem came up. Even though Kiss is that good, Eminem is just that much better when it comes to battling or diss tracks.

Shady Aftermath vs Ruff Ryders

Ha-ha. I think rappers need to stop "beefing", it makes the hiphop comunity look bad, you would never see Tim Mcgraw going at Alan Jackson now would you. :lol:
 
To put the cat amongst the pigeons...


...MF Doom.
 
Hate that song "New York New York"
Cant stand with Ja Rules Voice he sounds like a old rooster or sumfin..

Nas is the illest MC for the moment, best album 2004 gotta be "Streets Disciple" 4 sure
 
rollazn
Jadakiss has real talent. I think the only reason Jadakiss and Fat Joe was on the "New York" track is just to rep for New York. They both don't seem to be that tight with Ja Rule. 50 cent is mad because he know if he go after either Kiss or Joe, he would get ripped... unless Eminem came up. Even though Kiss is that good, Eminem is just that much better when it comes to battling or diss tracks.

Agreed.

Shady Aftermath vs Ruff Ryders
Ha-ha. I think rappers need to stop "beefing", it makes the hiphop comunity look bad, you would never see Tim Mcgraw going at Alan Jackson now would you. :lol:

Yeah I know... except for Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff!
:lol:
 
Gonzza
Hate that song "New York New York"
Cant stand with Ja Rules Voice he sounds like a old rooster or sumfin..

Nas is the illest MC for the moment, best album 2004 gotta be "Streets Disciple" 4 sure

I agree, Ja Rule does have a raspy voice. Oddly, the way he talks is different than the way he raps; but I guess that's because his fans favor that particular "style".

"Hate is such a strong word..." :sly:
 
MrktMkr1986
Agreed.

Shady Aftermath vs Ruff Ryders


Yeah I know... except for Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff!
:lol:

Shady Aftermath would take Ruff Ryders out.

Lindsay Lohan would destory Hilary Duff in a fight. But I seem to think Hilary is pretty good looking.

Anyways, back to rap.

I think it will be an interesting match-up...

Jadakiss vs Eminem. *runs and get camera* :lol:
 
rollazn
Shady Aftermath would take Ruff Ryders out.

Lindsay Lohan would destory Hilary Duff in a fight. But I seem to think Hilary is pretty good looking.

Anyways, back to rap.

I think it will be an interesting match-up...

Jadakiss vs Eminem. *runs and get camera* :lol:

Yup, that'd be the perfect match-up. 👍 :lol:
 
Mannie Fresh - The Mind of Mannie Fresh: A-

30 tracks - (a few skits) this is one of the best rap/r&b albums that I have heard in a long ass time. I'd describe it as ghetto pimp music. If you're a fan of Too Short, earlier Snoop, or Cash Money stuff, you should definitely check this out.


The Game - The Documentary: C-

18 tracks - This is the freshman album for the over-hyped, new member of the g-Unit squad. Honestly, this cd straight up sucks.. for months all I heard/read about was how for-real it was going to be. ha! If all of the songs on the album were as good as "how we do" I think it would dominate the charts, but their not. Dude has huge potential though..
 
Monster7
Mannie Fresh - The Mind of Mannie Fresh: A-

30 tracks - (a few skits) this is one of the best rap/r&b albums that I have heard in a long ass time. I'd describe it as ghetto pimp music. If you're a fan of Too Short, earlier Snoop, or Cash Money stuff, you should definitely check this out.


The Game - The Documentary: C-

18 tracks - This is the freshman album for the over-hyped, new member of the g-Unit squad. Honestly, this cd straight up sucks.. for months all I heard/read about was how for-real it was going to be. ha! If all of the songs on the album were as good as "how we do" I think it would dominate the charts, but their not. Dude has huge potential though..

I am really surprised by both of the rating you have given. Mannie Fresh was never one of my favorite rappers. I just think the whole Cash Money Millionaires were pretty lame. All they rap about was girls, cars, and money. Like the majority of rappers. I have yet to hear a real track from any of the Cash Money artists that didn't involve one of those above. Ha-ha. I haven't heard the album so I can't say if it's good or not. I really dislike "Go DJ" by Lil Wayne and Mannie Fresh.

I heard The Game's CD was suppose to be pretty good. I am also surprised that you said "it sucks" I have yet to hear the album, but from the single "How We Do" I was expecting more. I also agree Game has some serious potential.
 
On the topic of these X rapper vs X rapper, you guys have GOT to check Last Emperor - Secret Wars [Part 1]. It's 5 minutes of pure lyrical GENIUS. If you can't find a download, grab the lyrics here.

Part 2 is also good but not as ass-kickingly awesome

edit:
His website has the full version of the song posted for download in real media format. www.thelastemp.com
 
emad
On the topic of these X rapper vs X rapper, you guys have GOT to check Last Emperor - Secret Wars [Part 1]. It's 5 minutes of pure lyrical GENIUS. If you can't find a download, grab the lyrics here.

Part 2 is also good but not as ass-kickingly awesome

edit:
His website has the full version of the song posted for download in real media format. www.thelastemp.com

I have never heard anything by The Last Emperor, but I am surprised. Those lyrics was pure GENIUS! He still ain't no Canibus. ;)
 
rollazn
I am really surprised by both of the rating you have given. Mannie Fresh was never one of my favorite rappers. I just think the whole Cash Money Millionaires were pretty lame. All they rap about was girls, cars, and money. Like the majority of rappers. I have yet to hear a real track from any of the Cash Money artists that didn't involve one of those above. Ha-ha. I haven't heard the album so I can't say if it's good or not. I really dislike "Go DJ" by Lil Wayne and Mannie Fresh.

alot of the cash money stuff is ****, I agree. Go DJ is classic though man, that track at a house party gets people jumpin like you wouldn't believe. It's actually a track off of Lil Waynes cd Tha Carter, which I haven't heard yet.

The two albums above surprised me also, ironically it's the first time that I have heard either mc on a solo record. After listening to The Documentary a little while longer, I think I would re-rate it a B-. The Dr. Dre beats and other g-Unit members add alot to the mix.
 
Monster7
alot of the cash money stuff is ****, I agree. Go DJ is classic though man, that track at a house party gets people jumpin like you wouldn't believe. It's actually a track off of Lil Waynes cd Tha Carter, which I haven't heard yet.

The two albums above surprised me also, ironically it's the first time that I have heard either mc on a solo record. After listening to The Documentary a little while longer, I think I would re-rate it a B-. The Dr. Dre beats and other g-Unit members add alot to the mix.

I would imagine Go DJ would get people going crazy. That is the purpose of the song, to be a club banger. I just get annoyed easily with songs like that. Im not sure why. I dislike many of LiL Jon tracks, they are great club songs, but I am not a fan of them.

Great review anyways!
 
the good
the roots (i think a couple albums would qualify)
mos def
nicolay
supastition
jean grae (a couple of tracks)
skillz-in "pastor skillz"
jadakiss is good
aesop rock (does that count?)
talib kweli
yung wun seems to be ok but i have yet to hear his first album.
ruff ryders
ice cube
B.G.~life after cash money
the bad
any "G-unit"
any kanye west because he brags about making songs in a few minutes
twista because he just sounds bad
eminem because he also sounds bad
oh and finally anything with lil' john or whatever because he is lacking talent.
 
Anyone here a fan of Michael Franti and Spearhead? They're pretty damn good together 👍
 
Back